Got stuck - need stock RUU for T-Mobile Germany

Guest vya4eslav

Guest vya4eslav

Hi there,

I got a bit stuck.The fact is that I have branded Desire from T-Mobile Germany.I have successfully debranded and unrevoked it.I have baked a delicious ROM and was using for a month or so.Not so long ago I decided to update the radio.But for some reasons the update.zip didn't work.I have read that it should be installed with official stock rom.is it true?Also I would like to get rid off preboot nasty T-mobile splash screen. Could anyone let me know what to do? As far as I understand I should apply RUU but none of them worked because of 131 (even though I managed to do a gold card ).Is there any way to apply stock rom in order to get rid of that t-mobile splash?

Thanks in advance. (Also I have applied the ruu from T-mobile but that also failed with error 131 )

Guest ascot17
Hi there,

I got a bit stuck.The fact is that I have branded Desire from T-Mobile Germany.I have successfully debranded and unrevoked it.I have baked a delicious ROM and was using for a month or so.Not so long ago I decided to update the radio.But for some reasons the update.zip didn't work.I have read that it should be installed with official stock rom.is it true?Also I would like to get rid off preboot nasty T-mobile splash screen. Could anyone let me know what to do? As far as I understand I should apply RUU but none of them worked because of 131 (even though I managed to do a gold card ).Is there any way to apply stock rom in order to get rid of that t-mobile splash?

Thanks in advance. (Also I have applied the ruu from T-mobile but that also failed with error 131 )

You have a few different things here!

If you have successfully debranded your phone, you would not have a T-mobile splash screen!

Applying a generic RUU will get rid of the spash screen, but will return your baked ROM to stock. You can find a selection of stock RUUs here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=695667

You don't need to apply a stock RUU to install a new radio. As you have Unrevoked, copy a new radio to your sd card, boot into recovery and flash the radio. You will find the latest radio here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=809328

If you just want to flash a new boot image, search the forums on modaco or xda, there is plenty of guidance there. (Don't confuse the Splash 1 screen with the Boot Image. The splash 1 is the fixed image you get when the phone is first turned on. This can be change if you have S-OFF. The Boot Image is the 2nd (animated) image during the boot process)

If you want the latest WWE ROM then get 2.29.405.2 from shipped-roms.com as the thread linked to above is months out of date - you will need a gold card to flash this, though

Edited by EddyOS

Guest vya4eslav

Dear all,

thanks a lot for your answers.

Just a bit of clarification : I have spent all the weekend to find that out :-)

I had to S-OFF my Desire (Alpharev ).

Afterwards I totally got rid off from operator logo (I can now flash my own one )

And only after that I managed to update the radio part.

Also I have found a good thing : RIFF JTAG.

Thank you all for the patience.