Orange San Francisco Next Steps

Guest famousfive

Guest famousfive

Hi there

I've been looking for the last few days to sort out some issues with my 02 SIM Orange SF that I have rooted and updated using guides from this site ( ;) Big thanks) .

Now that I've got Android 2.2 working I am experiencing a couple of issues that combined together are crippling me:

Two issues are:

1. WIFI is dropping out and I know to solve this I need to download Blade Wifi from Andriod Market
  2. Whenever I try and connect to the Android Market via my gmail.com email account i'm getting
    Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. 
    this could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services.
    If it continues, call customer care[/codebox]

So I can't get onto the Android Market to fix it - any ideas of what to do?

Also this might be related - my gps isn't working as it can't find my location (this might be inexperience on my part) but I can get on-line via the phone browser using the 02 UK Postpay MMS APN settings.

Nothing else is different from std 2.2 build that you have the guide for - thanks guys!

If you point me in the direction of how to get this working I'd be very grateful as so far I think this is a brilliant phone - would just love to pick up wifi!

thanks

Guest famousfive
Also this might be related - my gps isn't working as it can't find my location (this might be inexperience on my part) but I can get on-line via the phone browser using the 02 UK Postpay MMS APN settings.

Scrub the GPRS not working - that's fine.

Still can't stay connected to any WIFI though or log into my gmail.com account - any ideas out there?