• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[THEME] Gingerbread 2.2 MCR R6

60 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

post-777579-1292756896_thumb.png post-777579-1292756910_thumb.png post-777579-1292756927_thumb.png

::::PAULS FROYO ROM ONLY::::

Google Android 2.3 theme for froyo, For best results install pauls "Gingerbread Launcher" From the market, This is inteded to be as close to the gingerbread theme as possible

WARNING: do not use with sim lock enabled if using pauls rom with stock lockscreen

:::Whats new?:::

R6 improves the signal bar, fixes allot of issues with text, over-obtrusive icons, battery icons now fixed*(v2 fixes 10% battery icon) & now uses a white menu for best compatibility with market apps

Thanks to Frankish for fixing coarse location ;)

:::Other Versions:::

Frankish has released versions of the gingerbread theme which includes images from the desire framework & some green additions

Link

Clivec has moded together a version of the theme with black menu, green signal & battery percentage

here

:::Download:::

Edited by SWOriginal

Posted

i like it

Posted

Saved me a job doing this theme i will edit the text today at some point to fit the theme.

Posted (edited)

i like it

Hopefully rem1x or someone els will fix the text then it'll look so much better ;)

Edit: see post above

Edited by SWOriginal

Posted

My phone seems a slower now when I am using the gingerbread theme and launcher ;) Especially when I open the apps drawer.

Posted

Saved me a job doing this theme i will edit the text today at some point to fit the theme.

Cheers ;) I didnt have enough time to edit all the files... spent ages sorting out the battery images :P

Posted

My phone seems a slower now when I am using the gingerbread theme and launcher ;) Especially when I open the apps drawer.

A restart or 2 after you flash a new framework will usuall fix the slowness

Posted

Isn't wiping dalvik-cache recommend also?

Posted

Isn't wiping dalvik-cache recommend also?

Not when flashing themes, if anything it'll make first boot slower whilst it cache's again

Posted (edited)

I've done it but i changed the operator name to black and not sure if it was ok left as white? Opinions please?

EDIT: Scratch that. When you press menu i haven't changed the text colours in there. Not sure where that is, looking around now...

Edited by Frankish

Posted

I've done it but i changed the operator name to black and not sure if it was ok left as white? Opinions please?

EDIT: Scratch that. When you press menu i haven't changed the text colours in there. Not sure where that is, looking around now...

Black IMO

Posted

thanks for working on it ;) , have you managed to solve the menu problem?

Posted

Please, create a Metamorph of it! Thanks!

Posted

Hi,

the fix for the menu items text:

change this line in the styles.xml in the framework-res.apk

<style name="TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Small">

<item name="textColor">?textColorPrimaryInverse</item>

</style>
to:
	<style name="TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Small">

<item name="textColor">@color/bright_foreground_dark</item>

</style>

Currently i cannot rebuild the framework-res (i had some stupid compile errors) to test.

Known Bugs: Notification draw and menu text needs fixing (can some other member fix and i'll update the post ;) )

Posted

and the fix for the notification items:

change the layout file:

res/layout/status_bar_latest_event_content.xml in the framework-res.apk

each

android:textColor="#ffffffff"
to:
android:textColor="#ff000000"

Posted

I already did fix the notification text and i did spot that line earlier in strings but had no time to test. Been out all day. Now to work with making all themes for alpha 4 and fix this one...long night!

Posted (edited)

Hi,

the fix for the menu items text:

change this line in the styles.xml in the framework-res.apk

<item name="textColor">@color/bright_foreground_dark</item>

</style>

Currently i cannot rebuild the framework-res (i had some stupid compile errors) to test.

Thanks for the fix ;), i cant fix it as i don't have sdk or eclipse installed on my netbook (any other way to edit android xml in ubuntu?) but it looks like Frankish will fix it

Edited by SWOriginal

Posted

Yeah if i can get this piece of crap internet to go slower than dial up ;)

Posted

Thanks for the fix ;), i cant fix it as i don't have sdk or eclipse installed on my netbook (any other way to edit android xml in ubuntu?) but it looks like Frankish will fix it

On ubuntu, try it out 'gedit'.

Posted

On ubuntu, try it out 'gedit'.

thats what i thought but it dont work ;)

Posted

Yeah if i can get this piece of crap internet to go slower than dial up ;)

no need to rush mate :P i'll update the post once youve managed to fix it

Posted

Updated all my themes now. Just need to upload them then i'll make a start on the Gingerbread one!

Posted

Updated all my themes now. Just need to upload them then i'll make a start on the Gingerbread one!

Woooo!

Posted

All themes updated and uploaded. Coarse positioning works on alpha 3 too ;) Just tackling Gingerbread

Posted

All themes updated and uploaded. Coarse positioning works on alpha 3 too :P Just tackling Gingerbread

Thanks for helping out mate, wasnt aware paul released the fix.. you might aswell post the theme in your thread aswell just incase this thread gets lost ;)