10/Dec 2.22.405.1 r1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM (Froyo 2.2.1) for the HTC Wildfire with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

wildfire1.pngwildfire2.pngwildfire3.png

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM (Froyo 2.2.1) for the HTC Wildfire! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. :P

Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod).

Features

• Based on an as yet unreleased official European Froyo update (2.22.405.1 / Froyo 2.2.1)
  • Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
  • Built, tweaked and massaged with the MCR build process which reduces the size and boosts the speed of the ROM
  • Patched 'Rosie' (Sense) to allow click-drag homescreen rearrange when pinch-zoomed out
  • busybox with Droid Explorer support
  • MCR version displayed in 'About' screen
  • terminfo and settings in boot.img to allow nano etc. use
  • Insecure boot image (ro.secure=0) with init.d support
  • ROM is de-odexed
  • Updated Google Components
  • Updated Flashlight which now becomes 'Torch' for non en-US configuration.
  • Added Voice Search with Voice Actions
  • Added option to use stock lock screen instead of HTC version
  • Slimmed Customize dir, additional locales added
  • Optional Titanium Backup
  • Optional Wavesecure via the online kitchen (installed to system partition for maximum security)
  • Optional WiFi Status indicator
  • Optional 13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10 radio
  • More stuff i've probably forgotten
  • Optional bootsound removal

Changelog

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card

Please note that as a de-odexed ROM, the initial boot takes a while!

Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, 2 prebakes (with and without the MoDaCo Additions) are also available.

[*]r1 (default options including MoDaCo additions) -

DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: b278f1ce4755791106112fee8b0349a4 [*]r1 (default options WITHOUT MoDaCo additions) - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: aab9a497f452c8f50b6049216ad3b539

Please note that the download links implement referring checking to avoid deep-linking. If you are redirected to the MoDaCo homepage when you download, try 'right click save as', disabling ad blocking / no script or if all else fails try an alternative browser.

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

And finally...

If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.

Enjoy! ;)

P

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

Guest rikwebb

:)

Installed - but getting re-boot's at the quietly brilliant screen - just goes round in a loop!

Just running a restore - finger crossed (or she will kill me!)

Rik

Guest Bruce Taylor
:)

Installed - but getting re-boot's at the quietly brilliant screen - just goes round in a loop!

Just running a restore - finger crossed (or she will kill me!)

Rik

Did you wipe first? That usually fixes boot loops.

Guest rikwebb
Did you wipe first? That usually fixes boot loops.

Did restore and all came back :)

Just tried full wipe and its worked :):)

Thanks

Rik

EDIT: Is there a way of getting all her stuff back - apps, settings etc ??

Edited by rikwebb

Yeah, you can back up pretty much everything using Titanium Backup, but since you have already installed the new ROM, you're gonna have to restore the previous one, run TB, batch backup all apps & settings, wipe everything again, install new ROM, batch restore apps & settings via TB.

Hey,

First, let me thank you for all the work you have done.

Second: it states: "Added option to use stock lock screen instead of HTC version" so If I unckeck the HTC Lockscreen option in the kitchen will I get the default Android lockscreen with drag left and right? or does it just remove the HTC theme and I still need to swipe up and down?

Like so:

broken.png

Guest Bruce Taylor

I like how most people say their wives, girlfriends, fiancees have wildfires.

I shall chime in and say my fiancee also has one in red and is looking forward to some tasty froyo :)

I baked a ROM, removing only Sense, Lockscreen and Peep, I copied it to the sd card, went in recovery, did a nandroid back-up, cleaned the cache, flashed the new zip and it worked, but it crashed at the end of the set-up (the one with the wireless networks and accounts. from that point on, I could only see the top notification bar, the rest of the screen being black.

I pushed the off button and pushed it again to turn on the screen and I was greeted by the lockscreen (it looks good, but the gray and green circles are WAY TOO big, maybe it`s a problem with Wildfire`s low res screen) I Unlocked the screen and I could only see the white screen with green HTC letters. I let it sit for 20 minutes and nothing. So I reentered in Recovery and flashed the already cooked ROM with MoDaCo setting and it works well.

It`s a problem on my side?

Also I can`t install Google Goggles... always getting stuck at 28% downloading.

Edited by AlexGP

It seems a really nice ROM! I think I'll try, well done indeed!

PS: how come when I try to download, instead of starting the download, I load the homepage?

Sorry for my bad english