poweramp vs doubletwist

Guest ropin

Guest Bomber6

I use both and more. I use Zune on my PC to play music and build the playlist/s. I use Doubletwist on PC and phone to sync via AirSync (I use an automatic ZPL to WPL program I designed since Doubletwist can't read Zune playlists). Then finally I use PowerAmp to play it.

I'm hoping that since the amount of devices using the Zune syncing mechanism is now massively expanded it'll eventually be hacked, Zune is a pretty big reason for me to switch to WinPho...possibly the only one but a big one :)

I use both and more. I use Zune on my PC to play music and build the playlist/s. I use Doubletwist on PC and phone to sync via AirSync (I use an automatic ZPL to WPL program I designed since Doubletwist can't read Zune playlists). Then finally I use PowerAmp to play it.

I'm hoping that since the amount of devices using the Zune syncing mechanism is now massively expanded it'll eventually be hacked, Zune is a pretty big reason for me to switch to WinPho...possibly the only one but a big one :)

if i want to sync just using usb mode do i need any double sync apps on my phone or just on the pc?

Guest challengedavid

love the feature with poweramp that pauses music when you pull the headphones and starts again when reinserted

any other music players that do this????

Guest daniel2k10
love the feature with poweramp that pauses music when you pull the headphones and starts again when reinserted

I use Playerpro. Had doubletwist before and did not like it very much, because it was very slow on stock 2.1.. don't know how fast it is on 2.2 a3...

Playerpro has this feature too and is a really fast player.

Winamp pauses when you remove the headphones, never noticed if the playback is resumed if reinserted, I'll tell you in 5 mins :)

EDIT: It pauses when you remove the headphones, but doesn't resume afterwards

Edited by lpinho

Guest fonix232
Winamp pauses when you remove the headphones, never noticed if the playback is resumed if reinserted, I'll tell you in 5 mins :)

I personally like PowerAMP better. But it's just because of the folder-based playlist and equalizer :)

I loved Winamp too, but it was conflicting with PowerAMP. Mostly the quoted function (both player began playing, even after I've disabled this function in BOTH players)

I would use the doubleTwist sync function OTA (AirSync) if it would be able to do "COPY over sync", and not regroup the folders by name. I have a few gigs of music collection, and it is just annoying that the stupid player totally crashes my nice folder system. It even managed to break one David Guetta album into 9 folders!!! F**k you I'm angry now!

Guest Bilalp23
Cubed is by far my favourite one. It just looks too good.

if you like cubed then i suggest you download '3'. its made by the same developer and have a beautifull boxed effect. id also recommend it to everyone else bevause its free :)

Guest GraviticVortex

PowerAmp hands down.

Equalizer/sound settings/preamp plus Flac support.

DoubleTwist looks very nice but funtionality is really lacking.

As for winamp, tried it , didnt offer anything stock player doesnt have (sure has wireless syncing but i really dont need it)

Guest fonix232
if you like cubed then i suggest you download '3'. its made by the same developer and have a beautifull boxed effect. id also recommend it to everyone else bevause its free :)

Cubed and ^3 are the same, "Cubed" is just a pre-release name :) (x on the 3rd is a cube in 3D => Cubed)

• 1 month later...

i,m looking for a music player and everyone seems to point to poweramp, looks like i need the pro version, anyone know where i can get the apk file pls?

Edited by aermua

hmm. i'm just using the stock music player. not sure what benefits the aftermarket ones have...

The main thing with PowerAmp for me it its EQ and pre-amp settings. If you tweak these correctly then it can simulate a fairly big increase in volume (I find the volume level on the stock player way too low).

Lots of other nice features too. This was the first android app I bought!

Guest Shadowphax
The main thing with PowerAmp for me it its EQ and pre-amp settings. If you tweak these correctly then it can simulate a fairly big increase in volume (I find the volume level on the stock player way too low).

Lots of other nice features too. This was the first android app I bought!

Same here. Liked the player cos it gets album images and the big benefit of a useful volume increase via headphones.

I also like the way you can swipe left/right on the album picture to select previous/next tracks or up/down for previous/next album.

For the benfits it gives it would be daft not to buy it for less than £3 (it was £2.99 I think).

Guest ericssonfan2000

PlayerPro, hands down.

Fast, easy on the resources, plays folders, very good sound quality.

And closest to iOS in looks (not that it matters though...)

Guest GraviticVortex

Couldnt find anywhere if PlayerPro supports Flac and equalizer/sound control.

Those are killer features of PowerAMP which sets it ahead of rest of the group. At least for me.

Zimly supports this, as well as resume after call end.