StreakDroid 1.5.3 Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest alexmoi

I installed Steve's 1.5.3 but now i get UNKNOWN in the baseband version and simply Dell streak in the model #. Did i do something wrong or is that ok. Please keep in mind i will be using Rebel simcard when it comes in this week

Sorry for sounding like a noobie but i just want it to work lol and i don't have the rebel simcard yet

Edited by alexmoi

If I upgrade from baseband 130900 to the current baseband and then upgrade to 1.5.3 will out be possible to revert back to 1.4.6?

The reason being that I use my dock daily and every version since 1.4.6 has had audio problems with the dock.

I'm not sure but you could just try 1.5.3 on your current baseband (to test if the dock works)... I was on the 305 bb and version 1.5.2 just fine...

Follow every step in post num 1 instructions. You look to have gone qdl route, you need the new bb version and the amss. Just follow each step.

Where do I get the fastboot utility?

Guest TimoBeil
Using LauncherPro on 1.5.3 and 1.5.4 İ have the following problem:

sCtfm.png

The text on the bottom is unreadable. Does anyone have the same and maybe know how to fix it?

You have changed the lcd-density to 200 or higher? This is the reason. If you take lcd-density max 180, the menue on the bottom will be white an the text is readable.

Guest alexmoi
I installed Steve's 1.5.3 but now i get UNKNOWN in the baseband version and simply Dell streak in the model #. Did i do something wrong or is that ok. Please keep in mind i will be using Rebel simcard when it comes in this week

Sorry for sounding like a noobie but i just want it to work lol and i don't have the rebel simcard yet

Can someone please help me :D

Guest alexmoi
im guessing you flashed wrong build lol,. if your wanting to use rebel you need the 2.1 baseband on your device

I did it exactly like the (Beyond QDLTool) guide but changed the part the latest 1.5.3 to 1.5.3 with nobaseband. I still fastboot with mistadman's StreakMod Recovery image and AMSS for v1.5.1+ then used the recovery menu with 1.5.3 with no baseband.

I also have Unknown as my IMEI. Can you tell me what can i do from this step not to brick my phone. Do i just return to recovery menu and redo the 1.5.3 with no baseband without going through the fastbood part or is it more complicated than that?

Ps. i started from the QDLTool to get from my 1.6 to stock 2.2 then i did this to get to 1.5.3

Even with a bad flash the program is very nice. Thanx :D

Edited by alexmoi

Guest LorD CLockaN
I didn't install anything. I just changed launcher pro theme the background. The background must me somewhere in there I guess, I just can't seem to find it. Also does anyone know witch was the default home screen of.1.5.3? LP or ADW?

aaa you changed your wallpaper :D I was thinking that you don't have that transparent bar anymore..

search this thread.. it's posted somewhere

Guest alexmoi
I did it exactly like the (Beyond QDLTool) guide but changed the part the latest 1.5.3 to 1.5.3 with nobaseband. I still fastboot with mistadman's StreakMod Recovery image and AMSS for v1.5.1+ then used the recovery menu with 1.5.3 with no baseband.

I also have Unknown as my IMEI. Can you tell me what can i do from this step not to brick my phone. Do i just return to recovery menu and redo the 1.5.3 with no baseband without going through the fastbood part or is it more complicated than that?

Ps. i started from the QDLTool to get from my 1.6 to stock 2.2 then i did this to get to 1.5.3

Even with a bad flash the program is very nice. Thanx :D

Im at a loss, can anybody help me please

EDIT: ok i managed to get my phone back to O2 2.1, it seems easy to get it done with an unlocked streak but the rebel sim card makes it a little more complicated. So do i just upgrade ONLY the 1.5.3 no baseband or do i have to go through the fastboot also?

Edited by alexmoi

Guest RenkliArif
You have changed the lcd-density to 200 or higher? This is the reason. If you take lcd-density max 180, the menue on the bottom will be white an the text is readable.

The problem is that the background is black/dark and also the text. When I was on 1.5.2 the text was readable, because the background was white.

Again newbie here doing this for the first time. I've completed all steps except for these :

5. Once your device has booted shut down again and boot into clockwork recovery by doing the following

boot to recovery as per step 1 then choose option 2.

6. Flash the 1.5 update zip

Step 5 - it refers to go back to step 1 which is copying update zip file to sd card - not sure what they are referring to

Step 6 - flash 1.5 update zip .. how to do that?

Thanks

Again newbie here doing this for the first time. I've completed all steps except for these :

Step 5 - it refers to go back to step 1 which is copying update zip file to sd card - not sure what they are referring to

Step 6 - flash 1.5 update zip .. how to do that?

Thanks

hold both vol buttons while turning on streak - that gets you into recovery. thats step 5

step 6, select option 2 from recovery menu to update pkg, that takes you to clockwork. from there choose to install from sd, choose file, then select the 1.5.3 zip that you put on your sdcard. After it installs, press power to go to previous menu, choose top option to reboot, wait 5-10 min and your good to go :D

hold both vol buttons while turning on streak - that gets you into recovery. thats step 5

step 6, select option 2 from recovery menu to update pkg, that takes you to clockwork. from there choose to install from sd, choose file, then select the 1.5.3 zip that you put on your sdcard. After it installs, press power to go to previous menu, choose top option to reboot, wait 5-10 min and your good to go :D

Thanks. When I do step five and choose option #2, it takes me to a blank screen. Does it take a while to load clockwork? How can I verify clockwork is installed? Is using fastboot to flash the amss.abn putting clockwork on it?

Thanks. When I do step five and choose option #2, it takes me to a blank screen. Does it take a while to load clockwork? How can I verify clockwork is installed? Is using fastboot to flash the amss.abn putting clockwork on it?

I'm guessing you have installed the wrong version of clockwork. You need the clockwork-alt.zip version from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754563

shouldn't take long to load it, matter of seconds. You'll get flashing menu buttons when it opens, this is normal. An no, flashing amss.abn is not clockwork, that is the updated baseband. But clockwork is flashed on your phone the same way you did the amss

I'm guessing you have installed the wrong version of clockwork. You need the clockwork-alt.zip version from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754563

shouldn't take long to load it, matter of seconds. You'll get flashing menu buttons when it opens, this is normal. An no, flashing amss.abn is not clockwork, that is the updated baseband. But clockwork is flashed on your phone the same way you did the amss

I didn't install any clockwork orange.. just went by the instructions on the first post of this thread. I was able to use fastboot the amss.abn, but now having issues using fastboot for the recovery.img for clockwork. It is sitting at "waiting for device". It sounds like those instructions are for people who started from Stephen's 1.0 but since I am starting from scratch, I am missing a few things I guess.

I didn't install any clockwork orange.. just went by the instructions on the first post of this thread. I was able to use fastboot the amss.abn, but now having issues using fastboot for the recovery.img for clockwork. It is sitting at "waiting for device". It sounds like those instructions are for people who started from Stephen's 1.0 but since I am starting from scratch, I am missing a few things I guess.

Never mind. I had to use the -i 0x413c option with fastboot that was not mentioned on xda forum. 1.5.3 looks to be installed successfully and is rebooting now..thanks.

Guest spacecat46

updated from 1.1.1 with no wipe and all my stuff still seems to be working so far looks niiiiice

love this stuff its like getting a new fone every 4 weeks or so:)

cant make my mind up what launcher to use normally use launcher pro

Guest Sotiris Lekkas
aaa you changed your wallpaper :D I was thinking that you don't have that transparent bar anymore..

search this thread.. it's posted somewhere

I've spent 30 minutes looking for your post but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Can you post link or just tell me where to find it?

Thank you very much for your help.

Guest epuarlana

:D)+-->

QUOTE(Steves' Twitter Account :P))
ok newest 160 beta is up testers, ayone who can test pretty soonish would be appreciated

1.6.0 on the way!!!

Guest PipoXtreme
:P)+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Steves' Twitter Account B)))</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->ok newest 160 beta is up testers, ayone who can test pretty soonish would be appreciated

1.6.0 on the way!!!

Steve bring it soon :D

Guest BigBlue007
I've spent 30 minutes looking for your post but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Can you post link or just tell me where to find it?

Thank you very much for your help.

+1. Couldn't find that posting he's referring to either.

Guest LorD CLockaN

It must be here somewhere, because I asked Steven for his cloud wallpaper and he posted it..

I finaly found it on my computer :D

her it is...

post-768999-1294758205_thumb.jpg