Reset lock screen background

Guest Makinit

Guest Makinit

My lock screen background used to be the same as my homes screen background. I recently changed the background of my lock screen, but I can't find an option to reset it. Does anyone know how to make the lock screen use the home screen background?

Guest womble_sanfran
My lock screen background used to be the same as my homes screen background. I recently changed the background of my lock screen, but I can't find an option to reset it. Does anyone know how to make the lock screen use the home screen background?

If you are using Launcherpro then you cant change the lockscreen wallpaper, switch back to the stock launcher and change it there. Simples!

Guest Makinit
If you are using Launcherpro then you cant change the lockscreen wallpaper, switch back to the stock launcher and change it there. Simples!

I am using the default launcher. I know how to change the lock screen background, but I actually don't want it to have a background. So it uses the home screen background like it did before before.

Edited by Makinit

• 1 month later...
Guest DroidNewbie2010

Hi, just wondered if you have sorted this out yet? I'm having the same problem but couldn't find a way to reset the lockscreen background to none/blank either....

Guest Phoenix Silver

which menu in launcher pro ?

never seen this

Guest DroidNewbie2010

I'm not using Launcher Pro or anything just the original.... and I'm not using any customised rom but just the normal orange rom 2.1 which I have deleted a few orange stuff by using the Universal Androot.... does anyone know how to reset the lockscreen to none/blank or is there any way to do it at all? (I'm not trying to change the wallpaper but I want to delete the wallpaper - just to clarify a bit more).

Thanks in advance!

Guest SqueakyG

I don't know if the lockscreen ever had an absence of wallpaper. When you get the phone from the Orange shop it has one of the wallpapers set.

You can just make a black image (using whatever image editing software you like, MS Paint will do), put it on the SD card, and set it as the lockscreen wallpaper.

Guest DroidNewbie2010

I don't think it has the wallpaper set when I got it new... it used to be the same as my home screen which I quite like... but out of curiosity I experimented with the wallpapers and now I'm stuck as I can't go back to when it is the same as my home screen.... why doesn't it have an option as none/blank as seen in PC wallpapers... sigh....

Looks like I have to try factory reset to get it to original status now.... :lol:

Guest SqueakyG

...or put a black jpg on your SD card and set it as the lockscreen wallpaper. You're making life rather difficult for yourself with a factory reset.

I'm pretty sure both lockscreen and homescreen had the Orange lines wallpaper out of the box. You can set this wallpaper to both screens quite easily -- it should still be there under "Wallpapers".

Edited by SqueakyG

Guest DroidNewbie2010
...or put a black jpg on your SD card and set it as the lockscreen wallpaper. You're making life rather difficult for yourself with a factory reset.

I'm pretty sure both lockscreen and homescreen had the Orange lines wallpaper out of the box. You can set this wallpaper to both screens quite easily -- it should still be there under "Wallpapers".

Thanks SqueakyG... but the thing is I don't want it to be black though... I like it the old ways when it is the same as my homescreen wallpaper which I set it as live wallpapers and the pic background changes as the hours of the day differs... with the current set wallpaper (or the black one as you suggested) it just does not change at all.. which is a bit boring... :)

Or it's a good reason to switch to the much better 2.2 ROMs :)

Still not confident enough to do it yet.. but will consider it as an option and work towards it... :lol:

I suppose I can live with the lockscreen wallpaper I set currently until I upgrade? since it seems there is no way to change it back now.... Cheers...

Guest Rotmann

Hi, don't want to rush you or put any pressure, but it's so easy to do it nowadays with the amazing tool from Sebastian404. There is a max. 5 minutes thing. Look at the video in here to see how simple it is.

• 4 years later...