oled's in stock still ?

Guest bigwall1

Guest bigwall1

hi all,i decided today to replace my old nokia n95 i waited for ages because ive bought so many phonesin the past and dissapointment is the order of the day my girlfriend gas an iphone and i do like its functionality but even if i had the dosh i wouldnt pay that for a phone,i had heard about android and thought it would be for me,in one day i figured the sf was the best phone for the dosh but was dissapointed to hear that they are shipping them with tft's now,now i read all the differences and sure the tft version is still an amazing phone for the money but im in my forties my eyesight is'nt what it used to be and the colours on the oled's do it for me more than the sharpness of the tft,so im wondering if anybody knows the likelyhood of there being oleds in the shop and will the staff be helpfull in routing me an oled out if there are any i wonder seeing that i will have to look at them to see the border round the screen which is as far as i can tell the best wat to tell without putting a battery in and looking at the version..

anybody know or bought one very recently and/or asked for help in identifying one in the shop..?

also i wonder if the boxes are sealed with a sticker or something which will deter them from letting me open...?

thanks in advance and cheers for a great site ...

cliff...

Guest Len Ash
they now show TFT in their specs.

Highly unlikely - CPW/Orange online/Argos only have TFT stock now. There MAY be the odd OLED left in Orange outlets, perhaps in less urban areas. No real way to tell from the box though.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest bigwall1
Highly unlikely - CPW/Orange online/Argos only have TFT stock now. There MAY be the odd OLED left in Orange outlets, perhaps in less urban areas. No real way to tell from the box though.

hmmm,if thats the case are they going to return to oled sometime or stay with the tft,also if they are going to return to oled where is the info from..?

if so i will wait or buy second hand oled...

cheers cliff...

Guest strat.minger

As the others have said there is a slim chance that you might get one in a 'less used' Orange shop. I would say that they are likely to stay with the TFT screen, the margins are probably better - plus the rep of the phone is out there and I doubt many people would even notice. Also the box is sealed, and even if they did open it for you, I don't know if there is anyway of telling without switching it on.

As an aside, I got my SF this week, and I thought that I would really miss the OLED screen as I have mates with the Desire and it is a really nice screen. However I still think that the TFT screen is actually really good, no dead pixels or anything like that, and it is really sharp. I can't see any issues with the colours on the screen. Basically if you have not ever used an OLED you won't think its a bad screen! It is just as good (probably better actually) as my iPod Touch's screen, which is the same as was in the iPhones until the 'retina display' on the iPhone 4.

Hope that makes some sort of sense!

Strat

Guest bigwall1
hi all,i decided today to replace my old nokia n95 i waited for ages because ive bought so many phonesin the past and dissapointment is the order of the day my girlfriend gas an iphone and i do like its functionality but even if i had the dosh i wouldnt pay that for a phone,i had heard about android and thought it would be for me,in one day i figured the sf was the best phone for the dosh but was dissapointed to hear that they are shipping them with tft's now,now i read all the differences and sure the tft version is still an amazing phone for the money but im in my forties my eyesight is'nt what it used to be and the colours on the oled's do it for me more than the sharpness of the tft,so im wondering if anybody knows the likelyhood of there being oleds in the shop and will the staff be helpfull in routing me an oled out if there are any i wonder seeing that i will have to look at them to see the border round the screen which is as far as i can tell the best wat to tell without putting a battery in and looking at the version..

anybody know or bought one very recently and/or asked for help in identifying one in the shop..?

also i wonder if the boxes are sealed with a sticker or something which will deter them from letting me open...?

thanks in advance and cheers for a great site ...

cliff...

got one now ive opened another can of worms...!

Does it really matter?

Unless you have vision that is 200% above normal you won't know the difference when using the phone

IN fact some people cant even tell which version they have when given both versions of the phone

Stop worrying both work just fine unless its an "I got to have it because it's better than yours" reason for having it

Guest cartierv
Does it really matter?

Unless you have vision that is 200% above normal you won't know the difference when using the phone

IN fact some people cant even tell which version they have when given both versions of the phone

Stop worrying both work just fine unless its an "I got to have it because it's better than yours" reason for having it

What about that picture someone posted ? There seemed to be quite a considerable colour saturation difference.

Guest Treacles
Also the box is sealed, and even if they did open it for you, I don't know if there is anyway of telling without switching it on.

If you ask nicely, they'll open up the box and put a battery in for you to look around, i bought 2 phones after the "Screen Switch" a few days after and they let me do this (Both OLED's)

And, i think that its the difference in ROM's most people are interested in (In my case anyway)

Guest LadFromWales

Think I was lucky!

Played with one in shop, was LCD...asked if I could have a fresh one as it was a gift.

She opened it today, and it has an OLED screen :(

Just trying to find a good FroYo ROM for it now...