hungarian ZTE blade sw update to solve memory problem

Guest DonJamal

Guest PeaNut_HU

Úgy látom többeket is vonz a téma, viszont a topik kezd nyúlni. DonJamal, szerintem szerkesztened kéne az első indító postot a letöltési linkekkel és instrukciókkal, hogy az újonnan jövők könnyen hozzáférjenek a lényeghez... :(

ENG: I see our topic is attracting more and more people with 256MB Blades but the topic is growing. DonJamal, i think you should update the first post with the instructions and download links for the fixed update, so the newcomers can easily access the essential information.

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Can you explain (in english) - when is this update needed?

I also have Hungarian Blade and it says 414Mb of total RAM - I guess this is OK and I dont need the update?

Guest csacsastormy

Sziasztok!!

Megcsináltam a frissítést ahogy írtátok, lépésről lépésre, de változás nem történt a telefonomon, ugyanúgy 170 mega az indulómemóriám...

Esetleg vmi ötlet???

Nálam azonnal elindult a frissítés, de utána hosszabban bootolt, mint máskor.

Ha a MENU+hangerő fel gombokkal kapcsoltam be és utána csak a zöld robot látszik, az jó? Csak várni kell?

Guest csacsastormy
Az alkalmazasok telepitesere hasznalhato memoria (ROM) nem valtozik a frissites utan sem, csak a RAM. Ne keverd ossze a kettot.

Don't mix RAM with ROM...

Köszi, ez igaz hogy ezt benéztem, de már látom az Elixir-be hogy 414:D

Ha a MENU+hangerő fel gombokkal kapcsoltam be és utána csak a zöld robot látszik, az jó? Csak várni kell?

Nem, az a sima Fastboot mód.

Feltehetően nem jó helyre tetted, figyelj arra,hogy a zip fájl tartalma az image könyvtárban legyen, kibontva (és nem további alkönyvtárban, és nem is a gyökérben).

The question was that if the user sees only the green robot, is it good?

The answer was no, maybe he put the files in the wrong location. It has to be in the "image" folder.

Ignore the people who want you to translate to English - this isn't relevant to English speakers so why should you go out of your way translating for their benefit? If they want to know what something says then they can use an online translator.

Guest Cowardly Courage
Ignore the people who want you to translate to English - this isn't relevant to English speakers so why should you go out of your way translating for their benefit? If they want to know what something says then they can use an online translator.

sure, and then every other nation, like the greeks also need to open a new topic for the 256 issue with the blade I guess :(

Guest Cowardly Courage
This update applies to the greek 256 mb version too, as we see earlier post. So translation is helpful, or parts of at least...

well, you should contact with a moderator, and change the topic, it could be helpful for others, who has the 256 blade

I'm thinking about the partition table hack, after this really low level update is published. I see more than 70 MB of wasted space on /system partition, it is possible relocate this space to the /data partition? If the answer is YES, somehow, then we will get more than 240 MB installable space, and I don't need app2sd anymore. And if we think more about this, numerous programs unnecessary in the /system/app (because You update it from Market instantly, live Maps, etc.), so there is more space available.

It is possible?

Guest fonix232
I'm thinking about the partition table hack, after this really low level update is published. I see more than 70 MB of wasted space on /system partition, it is possible relocate this space to the /data partition? If the answer is YES, somehow, then we will get more than 240 MB installable space, and I don't need app2sd anymore. And if we think more about this, numerous programs unnecessary in the /system/app (because You update it from Market instantly, live Maps, etc.), so there is more space available.

It is possible?

I guess so, I will jump into hex-watching the file!

Also, there is a 40MB /cache partition too, what isn't used (dalvik cache is saved to data any ways). Maybe we should relocate that too :(

And I will contact a great man, who has some experience in this (Firerat of course, he made customMTD for the G1/other HTC series phones, maybe he can help us too).

Guest StevenHarperUK

Hi Guys,

Great work on unlocking the full 512MB of these 256MB Phones.

However the solution to this seems to start and page 4 and spread all the way up to here.

Can someone who will take ownership of a nice clear new thread please make one - and we can get it stickied.

I don't mind this being me - but if someone else wants it thats good.

The new thread should include all the models that can be done and have been confirmed.

It should all be clear in the first post, and kept up-to date.

Again well done.

Guest oh!dougal
Hi Guys,

Great work on unlocking the full 512MB of these 256MB Phones.

However the solution to this seems to start and page 4 and spread all the way up to here.

Can someone who will take ownership of a nice clear new thread please make one - and we can get it stickied.

I don't mind this being me - but if someone else wants it thats good.

The new thread should include all the models that can be done and have been confirmed.

It should all be clear in the first post, and kept up-to date.

Again well done.

Agreed.

However, there seems a great probability that greedy fools will try to apply this update to their 512 phones with unpredictable (and likely unwelcome) results.

This update should also have great value to devs/crackers wanting to understand preboot (pre-linux) processes, (and linux-unreadable partitions) on the Blade.

AND it demonstrates ZTE's inbuilt method of flashing in new roms (and maybe patches?)

Guest fonix232
Agreed.

However, there seems a great probability that greedy fools will try to apply this update to their 512 phones with unpredictable (and likely unwelcome) results.

This update should also have great value to devs/crackers wanting to understand preboot (pre-linux) processes, (and linux-unreadable partitions) on the Blade.

AND it demonstrates ZTE's inbuilt method of flashing in new roms (and maybe patches?)

Well, I guess, as I found no hashes for the original img files in the zip, we can simply replace recovery with our own, and also system and boot too!

So it could be used as a self-flashing package what installs everything needed - custom recovery, our own ROM, overclock kernel, and custom splash (even custom partition layouts if I manage to break it somehow).

Guest StevenHarperUK
Agreed.

I agree; that's why whoever makes this thread will have to be VERY clear on who should be doing this update and be willing to keep it upto date.

And possibly get translations done for languages pertenant to the devices country of origin.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Well, I guess, as I found no hashes for the original img files in the zip, we can simply replace recovery with our own, and also system and boot too!

So it could be used as a self-flashing package what installs everything needed - custom recovery, our own ROM, overclock kernel, and custom splash (even custom partition layouts if I manage to break it somehow).

Wow this is rather a big development.

It means that we can produce a single ZIP for a full phone update, no fastboot - very neat.