[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Is it really? Not so sure about that. Propably something in Contacts.apk (which contains the stock dialer but has been modified to not show it on our devices by ZTE) or ContactsProvider.apk. It might be possible to hack "our" Contacts to work correctly with facebook sync. I'll have a look at it but can someone describe exactly what it is with facebook sync that is not working? The thing is I do not use Facebook and has no intention on every starting to use it.

Basically when you start the Facebook app for the first time it should ask you if you want to sync all your contacts with Facebook. It should also allow you to add a Facebook account to the sync menu alongside your Googlemail account. However currently when you try to add an account you get returned back to the sync menu with no changes.

Edit:- Just donated $10 to you as well :D

Edited by cobhc

Guest cartierv

I almost fall of my chair in this forum. Not sure what's worse. Google DNS or facebook sync your phone contacts. It makes the mind boggle.

If facebook sync your contacts is broken in this ROM then call that a plus.

Guest kallt_kaffe
I almost fall of my chair in this forum. Not sure what's worse. Google DNS or facebook sync your phone contacts. It makes the mind boggle.

If facebook sync your contacts is broken in this ROM then call that a plus.

:D FYI! Facebook app is not included, it has to be installed first. I'm also not very fond of Facebook but it seems many people like it for some reason but I keep resisting. B)

However I'll see what I can do about this issue to help those poor souls allready lost... :P

It can! Don't know if it can do it out of the box or it should be enabled in settings.

You can change the settings to enable it. You can change whether it searches by number, name or both.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Basically when you start the Facebook app for the first time it should ask you if you want to sync all your contacts with Facebook. It should also allow you to add a Facebook account to the sync menu alongside your Googlemail account. However currently when you try to add an account you get returned back to the sync menu with no changes.

So basicly I might be able to do some basics tests without a Facebook account then?

Edit:- Just donated $10 to you as well :D

Thanks... I might soon be able to buy another Blade with the donations I've recieved, which is propably what I'll do when/if I get enough.

:D FYI! Facebook app is not included, it has to be installed first. I'm also not very fond of Facebook but it seems many people like it for some reason but I keep resisting. :P

However I'll see what I can do about this issue to help those poor souls allready lost... B)

Oh, you are kind, and you always help us out with our issues however fussy and minor they be, hence why I donated! :P

I'm not convinced of the ZTE dialer's ugliness - looks very similar to the HTC Sense dialer. WRT facebook syncing - I'm with you kk and cartierv - not something I'd want to do. I'm surprised though, if you use Google for your contacts, that there isn't some Google / Facebook contact synching thing you could do, to keep it independent of your phone. There is a Google facebook sync mechanism - check http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=133934337558

:D FYI! Facebook app is not included, it has to be installed first. I'm also not very fond of Facebook but it seems many people like it for some reason but I keep resisting. B)

However I'll see what I can do about this issue to help those poor souls allready lost... :P

Edited by goatee

So basicly I might be able to do some basics tests without a Facebook account then?

Thanks... I might soon be able to buy another Blade with the donations I've recieved, which is propably what I'll do when/if I get enough.

I don't think so. As you need a Facebook account to log into the app, and a Facebook account to try sync'ing. Would it be worth just making a gmail account and a simple profile on there just to test it?

I can make one for you to use if you want me to?

Guest kallt_kaffe

About Dialers...

I think I've mentioned it before but I'll mention it again. Youlu Address Book is very nice alterantive to for dailer, address book and SMS/MMS.

And as calender replacement, Jorte is a really nice alternative.

I saw you mentioned it as an address book - didn't realise it was also a dialer. For SMS/MMS, I'm a fan of handcent :D.

About Dialers...

I think I've mentioned it before but I'll mention it again. Youlu Address Book is very nice alterantive to for dailer, address book and SMS/MMS.

And as calender replacement, Jorte is a really nice alternative.

Guest spychodelics

Pls keep it that way, i dont know why people need on every device their social networks.

Guest whatcolour
Is it really? Not so sure about that. Propably something in Contacts.apk (which contains the stock dialer but has been modified to not show it on our devices by ZTE) or ContactsProvider.apk. It might be possible to hack "our" Contacts to work correctly with facebook sync. I'll have a look at it but can someone describe exactly what it is with facebook sync that is not working? The thing is I do not use Facebook and has no intention on every starting to use it.

KK, can you re-enable the stock dialer in Contacts.apk or ContactsProvider.apk, and remove SmartDialer.apk as an addon for the next release please?

Guest NorthernNoel

You should be able to do basic tests with facebook as you can't even get to the login bit at the moment. Sent you $10 btw, appreciate the time you're putting into this :D

Guest AlphaVision

Some things that make stock dialer better:

1. You got everything on 1 screen - dialer, Call log, contacts, starred contacts

2. A step less when I want to go to starred contacts

3. the android icon is way better than the phone icon for contacts that have no image associated

4. Why do you need a shortcut to the google contact labels in a separate tab? How many pepole are actually using it that way

5. It's always good to have android stuff as stock as they can get and you can always use alternatives from market/internet, but you can't always change an alternative to stock

6. If facebook sync is connected to the stock dialer - it will be nice and easy to sync contact portraits with the ones in FB

just my 2 cents, but for me this the greatest improvement this ROM needs for now (along with the navigation not being able to lock satellites issue, but that's ok because I use iGO anyway so it's not biggie)

Edited by AlphaVision

Guest fox2000

For me, ZTE Dialer is way better than stock one. First of all, a dialer has to... dial, and with T9 dialling it just does it (a lot) better.

I tried some alternatives, but they were all dirty and uncomfortable. I think that only HTC Sense dialer, which syncs also with Facebook, is better than ZTE One.

Guest targetbsp
* AppBrain no longer syncing with changes on site

Appbrain works fine for me. Well, at least as fine as it has over the past few weeks since Google did their very best to cripple it!

Guest MrPuddington

Indeed. At least Google keeps your data confidential, while Facebook will publish a lot of it and use your contacts for spamming.

But if people want the option to do that (and as long as I am not on the contact list), that is not my problem.

Guest mnsg1975

Hi,

I've just installed the RLS6. It's my first custom rom installation and everything ran well, but I'm getting some problems.

- The market is not running properly. The Home page never appears and it gives me a network problem. Although, if I use the shortcuts using the menu button, I can search and install applications from the market.

- The radio is not working. The applications just crashes

Has anyone having the same problems?

Thank you

Guest buneech
Hi,

I've just installed the RLS6. It's my first custom rom installation and everything ran well, but I'm getting some problems.

- The market is not running properly. The Home page never appears and it gives me a network problem. Although, if I use the shortcuts using the menu button, I can search and install applications from the market.

- The radio is not working. The applications just crashes

Has anyone having the same problems?

Thank you

Noup. Both of the application work fine for me.

Guest Johnny Washngo
:D FYI! Facebook app is not included, it has to be installed first. I'm also not very fond of Facebook but it seems many people like it for some reason but I keep resisting. :P

Ah I see - somebody with an opinion similar to my own. I will never use Facebook or indeed Twitter.

Thanks for all the work on the ROM BTW - Have used it on several Blades with success.

Guest hegde19

Hi,

Installed JJ RLS6 + GPS Fix for RLS6 (No overclocking A BUS and No hardware Acceleration) yest evening.. Previously using FLB G2 r6 - Did a clean wipe/factory reset before installing JJ RLS6

Working really great.. Very smooth UI.

I left the phone charging overnight (like I always do) and in the morning the phone was very very hot.. I have installed setCPU and have left the main profile to default 600MHz and have enabled profiles to under clock when screen is locked, when battery level is lower than 50% and 30%.

Has anyone faced this issue? KK, have you done any changes to charging profile in the Kernel?

Guest MrPuddington

I had that on my first launch, which I think was via 3G+. I restarted the phone, and on WiFi it just worked. So maybe it is an intermittent / first time problem?