[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe
Is it safe to install it over RLS6 ? So I don't have to add my all setting etc again.!!

I think so although I've modified services.jar in the framework but I think it worked fine for me without wipe:ing although it took a while on first boot as it recreated the whole dalvik-cache.

Thanks! I'll nandroid and install later. I'll also try to get a chance to donate as well.

I think so although I've modified services.jar in the framework but I think it worked fine for me without wipe:ing although it took a while on first boot as it recreated the whole dalvik-cache.

Guest deusum86

@kalt_kaffe

Thanks a lot for your great ROM!!! I Just have one question: Did you somehow remove the dedicated Ringtone/Notification/Alarm -Channel from the ROM? and if yes can i somehow get it back? Reason is that I like falling asleep while listening to musiv via headphones (of course with sleep timer). In the morning the alarm plays through the headset -> I can't hear it. In Paul's alpha ROMs there is a dedicated notifications channel -> ringtone, alarm, notifications always play through built-in speakers.

Is it maybe possible to implement this notification channel in JJ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Guest funiewski

Help needed!

There one thing that did not work for me in RLS6, I can not send any e-mail from Blade. Everytime I have got connection error message. Anyone else with same problem?

Guest WearTheFoxHat

hahaha typical, I took the leap late yesterday and installed RLS6!

Might wait a couple of days to see if there are any bugs. Good work thought Kallt Kaffe .. excellent name!

Guest supercabbage

Am I being a little daft or has the GPS fix been removed? I've found a reference to Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS6_gps_fix.zip in this thread but cannot find a download link anywhere?

Thanks, RLS6 and RLS7 are both great releases!

2 problems remaining:

* I can't play videos from mobile sites, like m.youtube.com, you get a popup that it can't be played, the stock rom could play them.

* I have my ZTE Blade from Yesss / Hofer in Austria. Yesss (MCC: 232 MNC: 12) is roaming in the Orange (MCC: 232 MNC: 5) network. The stock rom showed yesss as a normal provider, this rom (RLS6 and RLS7) shows a roaming network. Can that be changed?

Guest Afrodude
Re: Overclock add-on, do I need to install the new zip file with the new release? (i. e RLS6 to RLS7)

Thanks!

Yes.

Am I being a little daft or has the GPS fix been removed? I've found a reference to Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS6_gps_fix.zip in this thread but cannot find a download link anywhere?

There is a new release now (RLS7 - the GPS issues have been resolved now). If you really want the GPS_Fix i have it on my SD Card, so i can upload it for you if worse comes to worse.

Guest oh!dougal
Re: Overclock add-on, do I need to install the new zip file with the new release? (i. e RLS6 to RLS7)

Thanks!

For Bus overclock, you need the appropriate bus overclock addon. (its only little)

For CPU overclock, you need SetCPU

Guest supercabbage
Yes.

There is a new release now (RLS7 - the GPS issues have been resolved now). If you really want the GPS_Fix i have it on my SD Card, so i can upload it for you if worse comes to worse.

Ahhh I only installed RLS6 a couple of days ago :D.

Do I need to wipe to install it?

Guest themighysquitt

Thanks for letting us know, I'll try it at the weekend!!

Guest themighysquitt
Help needed!

There one thing that did not work for me in RLS6, I can not send any e-mail from Blade. Everytime I have got connection error message. Anyone else with same problem?

Yeah I've just checked & I've got the same problem!!

Guest beangeles

2 problems remaining:

* I can't play videos from mobile sites, like m.youtube.com, you get a popup that it can't be played, the stock rom could play them.

* I have my ZTE Blade from Yesss / Hofer in Austria. Yesss (MCC: 232 MNC: 12) is roaming in the Orange (MCC: 232 MNC: 5) network. The stock rom showed yesss as a normal provider, this rom (RLS6 and RLS7) shows a roaming network. Can that be changed?

install youtube from marketplace

Guest kallt_kaffe
@kalt_kaffe

Thanks a lot for your great ROM!!! I Just have one question: Did you somehow remove the dedicated Ringtone/Notification/Alarm -Channel from the ROM? and if yes can i somehow get it back? Reason is that I like falling asleep while listening to musiv via headphones (of course with sleep timer). In the morning the alarm plays through the headset -> I can't hear it. In Paul's alpha ROMs there is a dedicated notifications channel -> ringtone, alarm, notifications always play through built-in speakers.

Is it maybe possible to implement this notification channel in JJ?

I have not found out why it works like this in the Japanese 2.2. Could you please try a Froyo build based on the Chinese leak so see if it works the same. If it just the Japanese build that has this problem then I could start looking for differences between the builds. I've tried to find a solution for this but so far it has not been successful.

Guest kallt_kaffe

2 problems remaining:

You need your stock ROM and zip program. Replace libril-qc-1.so and libcm.so (in /system/lib) with the versions from your stock ROM and reinstall. Or if you are familiar with adb you can push the files and reboot. Some phones seems to come with RIL libs that "hides" this kind of roaming. Saunalahti is another example that has this kind of setup.

Guest ZTE Blade_

thank kk for this great rom!

as for this update:

•Removed lots of lib connected to the iwnnime (japanese IME) that was removed erlier. (Size of system is now below 120Mb)

could you please mention which particular libs you have removed so i can remove them also?

i'm not planning to update to RLS7, as i have a very stable and long lasting battery build