[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

* I can't play videos from mobile sites, like m.youtube.com, you get a popup that it can't be played, the stock rom could play them.

Any insight into this would be greatfully appreciated Kallt, I've noticed this on a lot of roms.

Guest oh!dougal
* I can't play videos from mobile sites, like m.youtube.com, you get a popup that it can't be played, the stock rom could play them.

MIME types and the missing YouTube app?

Guest kallt_kaffe
thank kk for this great rom!

as for this update:

•Removed lots of lib connected to the iwnnime (japanese IME) that was removed erlier. (Size of system is now below 120Mb)

could you please mention which particular libs you have removed so i can remove them also?

i'm not planning to update to RLS7, as i have a very stable and long lasting battery build

Check the list here: http://my.opera.com/wiz/blog/2009/06/16/ho...-ime-on-android

Guest leetron1

Many thanks KK..am on RLS6 with the partition changes..to flash RLS7 do I just flash the standard RLS7.zip or do I need to boot to the RLS7 image.zip?

Many thanks KK..am on RLS6 with the partition changes..to flash RLS7 do I just flash the standard RLS7.zip or do I need to boot to the RLS7 image.zip?

either will work but no point re-partitioning again and the image version will wipe your data

Edited by rjm2k

Guest Swimmerboy

The image is just used to re-size the partitions. So long as you keep flashing ROMS that are below 128MB (uncompressed) you don't have to use the image again.

Guest IronDoc
@kalt_kaffe

Thanks a lot for your great ROM!!! I Just have one question: Did you somehow remove the dedicated Ringtone/Notification/Alarm -Channel from the ROM? and if yes can i somehow get it back? Reason is that I like falling asleep while listening to musiv via headphones (of course with sleep timer). In the morning the alarm plays through the headset -> I can't hear it. In Paul's alpha ROMs there is a dedicated notifications channel -> ringtone, alarm, notifications always play through built-in speakers.

Is it maybe possible to implement this notification channel in JJ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

There are a couple of us wanting this fixed. I don't really have to time atm to be messing about flashing loads of ROMs, so any testing you do for KK would be appreciated.

Guest leetron1
The image is just used to re-size the partitions. So long as you keep flashing ROMS that are below 128MB (uncompressed) you don't have to use the image again.

Cheers Swimmerboy...thanks for the clarity, my friend..

Guest IronDoc

Does anyone else get an FC if they highlight something using the Gingerbread keyboard? It's not every time, but around 4/5.

The app I'm using FCs not the keyboard, just to clarify.

At first - thanks kalt for this great ROM.

So, i'm developing a music app for android, and i tried to run this app on the phone, but i got errors on starting the mediaplayer.

I know there are some "known issues" with the starfr..-media player.

Is there a possibility to fix that?

best!

Edited by ph0o

Guest Swimmerboy
Does anyone else get an FC if they highlight something using the Gingerbread keyboard? It's not every time, but around 4/5.

Yea, get this too - not sure if it's new or not as I hardly ever highlight things.

<edit> But I didn't do a wipe, just flashed RLS7 over RLS6 (which was in turn flashed over RLS5!) so it may be that I've caused this myself!

Edited by Swimmerboy

im about ready to try this now been holding ot modaco r4 for ages,

question - how do i flash this over mcr4 with clockwork 2.5.0.9? is it just the same as before?

also what do i flash there are many stuffs at the start of this thread.

thanks

Guest AlphaVision
Are all apps kept when just doing an upgrade to RLS6 -> RLS7? Or do I need to have them all on the ext-partition? (I'm not wiping anything)

It kept everything here

Will the Frankish themes work on R7?

Worked for me (gingerbread theme).

Is it just me or do the signal bars still dont work? I thought Kallt_Kaffe mentioned he found a fix for this.

Otherwise - great ROM!

Guest kallt_kaffe

Hmm... never tried highlightning but yes, I get that too. I'm using the renamed Gingerbread keyboard from the first SDK emulator release. I'll try to get hold of a newer version. Don't need a renamed version anymore anyway as I removed the stock 2.2 keyboard.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Worked for me (gingerbread theme).

Is it just me or do the signal bars still dont work? I thought Kallt_Kaffe mentioned he found a fix for this.

Otherwise - great ROM!

Hmm... Does the theme contain a /system/framework/services.jar file? In that case it will overwrite the one where I've fixed the signal bars.

If you're still on r4, you'll need to do a full wipe.

Boot into recovery (volume down + power on), and then backup your phone. Then do a wipe, and then install the .zip file (as you did with modaco r4).

im about ready to try this now been holding ot modaco r4 for ages,

question - how do i flash this over mcr4 with clockwork 2.5.0.9? is it just the same as before?

also what do i flash there are many stuffs at the start of this thread.

thanks

Guest IronDoc
Hmm... Does the theme contain a /system/framework/services.jar file? In that case it will overwrite the one where I've fixed the signal bars.

Yeah they do