No more Galaxy S Dev???

Guest Darkstriker

Guest Darkstriker

It seems like Paul has completely given up on SGS after the initial month after the release. I must personally say I'm very disappointed and even more I find myself rather angry about the fact that I bought a subscription to this forum literally only for this subforum and despite several promises to the contrary, Paul has simply stopped doing anything on the SGS despite the phone being as popular as ever (essentially only beaten by the iPhone)

Guest Kaiser Chief
It seems like Paul has completely given up on SGS after the initial month after the release. I must personally say I'm very disappointed and even more I find myself rather angry about the fact that I bought a subscription to this forum literally only for this subforum and despite several promises to the contrary, Paul has simply stopped doing anything on the SGS despite the phone being as popular as ever (essentially only beaten by the iPhone)

I think you are right and Paul gave up on this phone. After his complain about build quality he stopped.

Same here, such a shame.

Guest Dan Mullen
Same here, such a shame.

I'm really disappointed - the SGS has been around for half a year and it's still the best Android phone available. This was the only forum I used to use every day, but for the last few months I haven't bothered checking it. Luckily there's plenty of dev going on over at XDA.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm really disappointed - the SGS has been around for half a year and it's still the best Android phone available. This was the only forum I used to use every day, but for the last few months I haven't bothered checking it. Luckily there's plenty of dev going on over at XDA.

I'm with you, Dan. I paid my £30 and have got next to nothing for it. Looks like this time my policy of wanting to support rather than just take has bitten me in the @rse. :D

The thing is, the SGS is a tremendous phone when you tweak it. So much so that there isn't anything else that grabs my fancy.

Iain

On Darky's v8 and super happy!

Guest Rickstur

+1 Even when questioned a while back Paul said he didn't gave up on the SGS and that new updates were around the corner. Still waiting :D

Guest Need_A_Username

Same here.

Used to check the forum a lot when I had my Hero and Desire, but since I've got my Galaxy S I haven't looked at it in more than a month.

Like the rest said, luckily there's a lot going on over at XDA. DOC's ROM here and very happy.

I also like how the gingerbread port and the sense port are evolving atm ;)

Guest Dan Mullen
Same here.

Used to check the forum a lot when I had my Hero and Desire, but since I've got my Galaxy S I haven't looked at it in more than a month.

Like the rest said, luckily there's a lot going on over at XDA. DOC's ROM here and very happy.

I also like how the gingerbread port and the sense port are evolving atm :D

I used to be on Doc's ROM and am currently running Darky's v8, the same as Iain. Since installing that ROM my phone has absolutely flew, with no lagfix enabled ;) My battery life is much better too. I now get a full day's moderate to heavy use and still have about 30% when I go to bed :)

Guest Need_A_Username
I used to be on Doc's ROM and am currently running Darky's v8, the same as Iain. Since installing that ROM my phone has absolutely flew, with no lagfix enabled ;) My battery life is much better too. I now get a full day's moderate to heavy use and still have about 30% when I go to bed :)

hmm good to know :D

I'll try it out ;)

Guest alexdodd
I'm with you, Dan. I paid my £30 and have got next to nothing for it. Looks like this time my policy of wanting to support rather than just take has bitten me in the @rse. :)

The thing is, the SGS is a tremendous phone when you tweak it. So much so that there isn't anything else that grabs my fancy.

Iain

On Darky's v8 and super happy!

Yeah exactly the same problem, i paid for essentially this subforum. It's a shame Paul abandoned the phone, but i think he's just concentrating on other phones he likes. Fair enough! I won't be leaving my Samsung Galaxy and XDA Dev's do a superb job, Darkys 8.1 as other people say FLIES! The phone cannot be beaten right now i personally don't think. And i'm happy with the support at XDA Dev's it's just a shame i paid for here first ;)

Guest brokenpixel
Yeah exactly the same problem, i paid for essentially this subforum. It's a shame Paul abandoned the phone, but i think he's just concentrating on other phones he likes. Fair enough! I won't be leaving my Samsung Galaxy and XDA Dev's do a superb job, Darkys 8.1 as other people say FLIES! The phone cannot be beaten right now i personally don't think. And i'm happy with the support at XDA Dev's it's just a shame i paid for here first ;)

Coming from the Dell Streak forum and I can say that Paul also abandoned the streak a while back, I think he went as far as selling it for donation. I think Paul has too many new phones and is always at the top of technology. And 3 months old phone is TOO old for him ? :)

This is just my personal opinion, I might be well off the truth.

But there are great dev's in this forum and an even nicer community. Its all about helping each other, that's what it counts!

Guest chookmeister69

I'm in the same boat, I subscribed to download the last ROM Paul made for the SGS (JG5) - used it for a few days and it was good but wanted the new features of the newer firmware so haven't used it since. It became a donation for nothing in the end. I'm quite surprised as Paul's GF Vanessa likes the SGS best and I thought he would have at least wanted her to be happy with her phone. Has anyone asked if he's loaded Darky's Rom on Vanessa's phone and what he thought about it? I have friend's with Nexus 1 and Desire that now envy my phone - before I was the joke of the Android club at work with my Pathetic Laggy piece of crap.

Guest bearded1

i think Paul has his hands full with the Advent Vega at the moment as the latest firmware came out for it in the last few days and he is working on the performance pack etc..

i'd like a bit more going on in the sgs section as well, but as i also have a Vega.. :)

i dont have any of the roms that have been listed above - i just used the kies patcher to go to 2.2.1 (admittedly the post was on xda-devs) and am getting 3-4 days between recharges :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Igniztion

With all the different devices out there, I'm sure Paul has more than enough to do with the Vega, Nexus line, and HTC phones. I was a frequent visitor on here when I had the Hero, but after I got the SGS I've mostly looked at XDA for development.

Running Insanity ROM with high DPI and SuperOptimized kernel atm, and the phone is better then ever.

Guest dawabz94

Same here,

I think I won't renew my paid subscription

I donated to XDA mods instead (Insanity,Darky,Sconcau) and hardcore for his holy speedMod kernel :-P

This place is dead / SGS

Have a nice day all :P

Guest Darkstriker

To any and all that are looking to mod this phone and someone worthy of getting donations for doing so either check out the CM7 development (MAGNIFICENT work over there) or help out supercurio (ULF and by extension also hardcore's kernel are all based on his hard work. Especially sound/screen improvements that can still be found in any and every modded kernel)

Can't wait to get CM7 stable with voodoo sound and backlight notifications. Would be awesome :D)