Anyone use Quidco to get their San Fran?

Guest insurgente

Guest insurgente

I did... At the time Quidco were advertising £18 cashback when buying something the price of the San Francisco via Orange.

It was my first time using it so when it tracked straight away I was pretty happy..... Only £12 tracked along with a phantom £0, but I thought I'd leave it a bit.

Been out of the loop for a while and just logged in again... and the £0 is now ''declined''

Anyone else had that? What's up with that? will I get the £18 as advertised?

Previously I was going to 'query' it but got scared as I got the impression I could lose it all...or something :( yes I'm a n00b

Guest strumluff

I don't know about £18 but I used Quidco when the cashback from Orange for PAYGO phones was £12, and I had that validated ~3 weeks after purchase, though not yet received.

Guest Andyroid

I cant recall what the cashback was initially but both Topcashback and Quidco were running it at the same time.

I ordered two SF's at the very start of October going through TCB for one, Q for tother, both tracked and validated, TCB has already paid out, Quidco is still awaiting payment from the affiliate.

Cash amounts were...

TCB £15

Quidco £12 (this sum was smaller than the initial track, it went down to £12 on validation)

Edited by Andyroid

I have the same problem, the order was tracked I received the confirmation via email and now suddenly it says decline! No reason, no communication - really bad on part of quidco.

Funny thing is I raised a cashback enquiry and it appeared as tracked for £18! It will be really annoying if they dont pay out, I will move my business to topcashback!

Edited by AndyMG

Funny thing is I raised a cashback enquiry and it appeared as tracked for £18! It will be really annoying if they dont pay out, I will move my business to topcashback!

My original transaction never tracked, however after a couple of weeks I raised a Cashback enquiry and just after a few days It appeared as tacked for £18 and still is.

Recent activity

£18.00 from Orange tracked on 22 Dec 10

My original transaction never tracked, however after a couple of weeks I raised a Cashback enquiry and just after a few days It appeared as tacked for £18 and still is.

Recent activity

£18.00 from Orange tracked on 22 Dec 10

I should have gone with Topcashback's £12, atleast that would have been guranteed (Heard they are pretty good). The lure of 6 quid extra with quidco was bit too much to resist!

Anyway now since its showing as tracked they should pay out!

Hi, I used quidco for the cashback as well, it was £18 that I was supposed to get. Anyway, I made 2 purchases one at dabs and one at orange, I didnt recieve a tracking confirmation from either, didnt know i was supposed to as it was the first time using it. I made an ebay purchase through quidco the other day and recieved a tracking email straight away so obviously something went wrong with dabs and orange.

I raised a cashback query for dabs and that is now showing as tracked and the money is in my quidco account, might raise a query for orange in a few weeks just to see if it does it by its self first.

Mark.

Edited by kram23

Guest insurgente

at the time Orange was advertised as £18 (it's now £16)

so maybe I'll go for the cashback query then..... I remember when I bought the phone, a few people had the same situation: £12 tracking and another separate amount for £0. I expected maybe the 0 to go up to £6, not be declined!

Guest Azurren

Isn't it quidco that "takes the first £50 balance" before you get anything from them?

I was about to use it when I read the small print, found this and instantly closed the page

Guest Azurren
They take the first 5 quid out you earn back every year.

That's not so bad.. But then again I think I was only going to get £5 or less cash back :S

Donno why £50 sprung to mind :(

Guest gardenoftrees

When I bought (6th October) cashback was £15 and it's been paid. Didn't think I'd get it as Orange made me call them with a query on my card which sounded really lame.

Edited by gardenoftrees

Guest Kaiser Wilhelm II

Yeah, I had problems originally as the £12 advertised didn't even track.

I submitted a request to chase it up with Quidco (you have to wait quite a few weeks before they take action, in case the vendor is just slow) but it finally listed as tracking and has since verified.

This is something that puts me off the cashback sites when it comes to buy expensive things - things sometimes don't track or they do track and then get rejected, seemingly at random. Not too much of a deal for around a tenner but if I was making a decision to buy something pricey based on a large amount of cashback making it better value than the competition (e.g. home insurance policy which can pay over a hundred quid back sometimes) I wouldn't be impressed if it didn't track/validate after I chose it.

Guest deweylewie

Bought my san fran on the 2ct October, tracked and was targetted payable for 31 December. I just put the bacs request through on TopCashBack for £15.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest OSF-MKD

My Quidco purchase from Orange on 9/12, when Quidco rates were showing as "£18 for Pay-As-You-Go handsets (value of £60.00 to £149.99)

BTW: notes say that "value" excludes VAT & delivery.

Mine initially tracked with both a £0 and a £12.

Later the £0 got Declined, and the £12 became £17.

It's not uncommon for amounts to vary during tracking, and SHOULD become the right amount once Validated (ie the track matched up to a qualifying completed transaction). Of course none of that's any consolation until SOME ££s are actually PAID OUT to my bank a/c.

MKD

Edited by OSF-MKD

Guest insurgente

nice...just logged in and mine is also £17...not quite £18 but i'll take it... now i just need to wait for it to change from "tracked" to "validated"?

Guest mouseman99

I bought two phones and aonly one was coming up as tracked. I think there has been a big issue for those people that ordered through Quidco only for Orange to cancel the order due to there being a 'problem' with the credit card. Funny how the card goes through straight away when you call them and they give you a new order number

Bit of a conspiracy???

Anyway - my money has been on 'tracked' now for about 6 weeks. Is that normal? Never used Quidco before.

I bought 2 of them, both tracked, but the last one only tracked at £17, when it should be £18 - not quite sure why. But glad both tracked. ;)

I had one track at £17 too... bit weird but still a good rate...

Guest insurgente

i'd imagine quidco takes ages... but as they're essentially giving me £12 (taking off the quidco fiver) for something I was going to buy anyway, I shant complain