• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Camera has died?

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi guys,

It has been a while since i have posted on these boards! back in the Orange htc days.

I have never had a decent smartphone until now with my DHD.

Ok problem time.

Apologies in advance for being slightly vague as the problem developed over Xmas and i cannot be specific on timing.

Basically if I select camera or camcorder all i get is a black screen. Now this may have coincided with the recent update sent to the phone to improve camera function (if it was it certainly did not!)

To me it seems that it is software related as i guess if the camera had died i would still get some form of operational keys on the screen not a black one?

I have performed a full factory reset but still get the same black screen. (one from the menu and another with the phone off)

I done the usual searching across this site and the net and only get result regarding the Desire and people upgrading that.

Any ideas/info you need etc? I would rather try and sort this out with your help first before returning it. (However, on the plus side battery life has improved dramatically!?)

Thank you in advance

Rory

Posted · Report post

Any ideas guys?

The more i think about it i reckon it is software? or would the factory reset I have done rule that that out of the question?

Could i remove the camera app and reinstall it?

I found the app but the uninstall button wa not illuminated so i have no idea on how you would do it?

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Rory

Posted · Report post

I had an issue where the camera and video recorder just showed a blank screen as you described. It happened soon after the upgrade to 2.2.1. In my case a power off fixed it.