iGO 8 CANNOT FIND PATH, MAPS ARE ISOLATED

Guest javajava_shiva

Guest javajava_shiva

Hello

I have been trying to get iGO 8 to work with the GPS in my omnia i900.

The application runs fine, i live in Australia and i have the Australian maps installed as well as the USA and Canada ones, it finds addresses and directions from one place to another.

The problem is when i try to plan things on the map, for example if i find an address and then select it as destination i get an error that says: CANNOT FIND PATH, MAPS ARE ISOLATED

then i have to click ok

My iGO GPS settings are:

GPS enabled : ticked

port: 3

baud rate: 4800

my external gps settings are:

program port: com 3

hardware port: com 9, baud rate 4800

manage gps automatically: ticked

I would apprectiate very much any help

Cheers

Guest barbarony62

1.You need to have the map of where you currently are installed on your SD or main memory (or where ever your content folder is...)

2. make sure you have the GPS identified and working, and you are seeing green satellites

3. only then.....

4. search for an address close to where you are (so that you are sure its on your local map)

all will be well.....

now, the reason you are seeing this is that the GPS thinks its somewhere else, and until it catches satellites it does not know where it is (it remembers the last place)... once it knows where it is, it can navigate if you have a territorial (and road access) -- hence a sequence of maps -- between where you are and where you want to go

Hello

I have been trying to get iGO 8 to work with the GPS in my omnia i900.

The application runs fine, i live in Australia and i have the Australian maps installed as well as the USA and Canada ones, it finds addresses and directions from one place to another.

The problem is when i try to plan things on the map, for example if i find an address and then select it as destination i get an error that says: CANNOT FIND PATH, MAPS ARE ISOLATED

then i have to click ok

My iGO GPS settings are:

GPS enabled : ticked

port: 3

baud rate: 4800

my external gps settings are:

program port: com 3

hardware port: com 9, baud rate 4800

manage gps automatically: ticked

I would apprectiate very much any help

Cheers

• 11 months later...

Hi I just came across the same problem I while reading suggestions I found a new and ultimate solution for this problem.

The main reason of the problem is the lack of maps betweeen where you are and where you want to go. for example I have map of turkey (basarsoft) and just installed france (teleatlas) so when I enter an address in france it say map is isolated and refuses to take me to the address of poi. so igo remember the last position it was turned off and tries to take me from turkey to france and since the countrees inbetween are absent it is an impossible attempt.

consequently I manually set the starting point, a point in paris and viola!!! now it works.