zte blade charger/portable battery

Guest jmallen3

Guest jmallen3

i have some pieces of this wall/portable charger which is compatible with blade/SanFrancisco.is anyone interested to put them at ebay?? thats the photo:

dgim3456.jpg

Edited by jmallen3

Guest samjam
i have some pieces of this wall/portable charger which is compatible with blade/SanFrancisco.is anyone interested to put them at ebay?? thats the photo:

dgim3456.jpg

What price?

Guest Lew247

You cant sell on here as far as I can see

But

what exactly is it?

you say wall/portable charger?

I'm assuming it's some kind of battery?

What specs?

I ordered one of these yesterday (before this thread started): http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Trent-Dual-por...oductPromotions

I'll post how well it works when I get to try it

I sent one of those back, will be interested to know what you find with it. It suggests you can charge from it, but after leaving my blade connected for about 2 hours the blades charge had gone down not up and the battery pack was exhausted from around 80% charge so I reckon as a backup battery it will probably last another 3-4 hours whereas another blade battery lasts another day or 2.

Guest jmallen3
You cant sell on here as far as I can see

But

what exactly is it?

you say wall/portable charger?

I'm assuming it's some kind of battery?

What specs?

its a li-ion battery and when you connect this with the phone and with the "wall" at home the li-ion battery of the charger and the phone battery is being charging.so you can have with you the wall/portable charger and charge your phone everywhere.

Guest jmallen3
What is the capacity of the Li-ion battery in the device?

i don't know exactly because i bought some pieces from a friend from england but it can charge the phone battery 2-3 times.

Guest samjam
I sent one of those back, will be interested to know what you find with it. It suggests you can charge from it, but after leaving my blade connected for about 2 hours the blades charge had gone down not up and the battery pack was exhausted from around 80% charge so I reckon as a backup battery it will probably last another 3-4 hours whereas another blade battery lasts another day or 2.

I got a solar-panel shoulder bag from maplin that does that! Unless the sun is bright and constant, it claims to be charging the phone but actually runs it down faster than normal.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jai Cee
how did you get on with the new-trent?

I have one and I've found it ok. It only shows up as a USB charger so its only as fast as charging from a PC (ie slow and won't charge faster than you can deplete it under heavy usage) but I get at least two if not three charges of a blade out of it. Its hard to quantify exactly how much as I've charged the blade up used it a bit then plugged it in to charge again.

It also looks pretty nice and two ports will I'm sure come in handy when the wife wants to charge her phone at the same time. I'd probably buy it again as although the speed is a little annoying realistically I'll not be using the blade much when its plugged in to charge so the speed isn't a real problem for me.

I have one and I've found it ok. It only shows up as a USB charger so its only as fast as charging from a PC (ie slow and won't charge faster than you can deplete it under heavy usage) but I get at least two if not three charges of a blade out of it. Its hard to quantify exactly how much as I've charged the blade up used it a bit then plugged it in to charge again.

It also looks pretty nice and two ports will I'm sure come in handy when the wife wants to charge her phone at the same time. I'd probably buy it again as although the speed is a little annoying realistically I'll not be using the blade much when its plugged in to charge so the speed isn't a real problem for me.

IIRC, Someone said that you can sort PIN 2&3 of USB cable and that should draw 0.7A from battery pack (The new trent has 1A & 500mA two sockets)

It you can get/mod a USB Cable hopefully that will improve charging time.

Ok, what I don't understand: You can buy 2500 mAh rechargeable lithium batteries for 4 bucks a piece :D

They even have the right voltage! Why is it so hard to find something like this that does nothing but redirect their power to micro usb?!

633883165773401250jpg.png

sku57901.jpg

Sorry, I should have quoted in my post - I was replying to this query and I think the portapower thing may be useful to that poster but they do other batteries as well

http://www.portablepowersupplies.co.uk/index.htm

Guest Rower85
I ordered one of these yesterday (before this thread started): http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Trent-Dual-por...oductPromotions

I'll post how well it works when I get to try it

That will not charge the phone as AC, only as USB, so its mosly useless!

All charger stuff that can charge 1A for apple products is useless!