Unlocking Defy/TurboSim/Rooting and Flashing

Guest meetjoe

Guest meetjoe

Hello,

I am looking to unlock my Motorola Defy(US Tmobile)or use a Turbo Sim to spoof. Some Questions

1. Has anybody used a Turbo sim to unlock any motorola defy or any android phones?

2. Any places where I can get reliable unlock codes for Defy?

3. Has anybody tried to unlock it by flashing or rooting it? if yes, can you please let me know the process?

Srinivas

Guest Lancez
Hello,

I am looking to unlock my Motorola Defy(US Tmobile)or use a Turbo Sim to spoof. Some Questions

1. Has anybody used a Turbo sim to unlock any motorola defy or any android phones?

2. Any places where I can get reliable unlock codes for Defy?

3. Has anybody tried to unlock it by flashing or rooting it? if yes, can you please let me know the process?

Srinivas

contact secany, he's the man.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest add.thebad

some guy at xda said tmobile us emailed him a code

I got mine. It is free, just call Tmo and ask for the unlock code, tell them you are going to another country for vacations.

I payed full price, if you got the phone with a contract you might have to wait some time to get the unlock code from Tmo as they told me there are certain rules if you buy the phone with discount (aka 2yr contract).

I like Tmobile

T-Mobile Sim Unlock Request

Sim Unlock Reference: 1231232

IMEI: ##################

Unlock Code: ***************

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. Below you will see the Instructions for unlocking your Motorola device.

1. Place a non-T Mobile SIM card into the handset and turn the handset on.

2. The handset display should read "SIM network unlock PIN"

3. Tap the box below the message

4. Enter the unlock code and Tap "Unlock"

Note: Device should display "Network unlock successful".

If you receive an error message while performing the instructions do not make any further attempts to unlock the handset. Please be aware that if an excessive amount of incorrect attempts are made, the phone will be permanently locked. You will need to verify the IMEI by pressing *#06# and contact Customer Service for support.

Thank You,

Sim Unlock Department

T-Mobile USA, Inc.

some guy at xda said tmobile us emailed him a code

those code frequently won't work.. my tmobile defy won't unlock using the 8 digit code from tmobile.. I finally get it unlocked using 16digit code from swiftunlocks.com it cost $17..

• 1 month later...
Guest kiarash irani

every body i need help.

i have somthing wrong with my cell phone motorola defy

my cell phone do not turn on, but when i conected to computer i could install new rom ,

and again do not work with new cell phone and do not turn on again

Guest nvkid909

Re: root

look around for z4root, this is easiest it should be a .zip file just put it on your SDcard,

use a proper file manager off the market to browse your SDcard, click on the .zip (z4root) to install

(It contains a few files, one of which is superuser, you should see superuser icon appear in your app drawer). Rooted.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest hazi1964
Re: root

look around for z4root, this is easiest it should be a .zip file just put it on your SDcard,

use a proper file manager off the market to browse your SDcard, click on the .zip (z4root) to install

(It contains a few files, one of which is superuser, you should see superuser icon appear in your app drawer). Rooted.

Is this all that is needed to root a Defy? What about a branded T-Mobile one (UK)? I'm assuming I would need to debrand prior to using this?

Would you be kind enough to confirm please?

Hope it's ok jumping in on other threads that are related to my own queries, I don't like to start new threads if there is an existing one.

Alison

Guest Diggedy
Is this all that is needed to root a Defy? What about a branded T-Mobile one (UK)? I'm assuming I would need to debrand prior to using this?

Would you be kind enough to confirm please?

Hope it's ok jumping in on other threads that are related to my own queries, I don't like to start new threads if there is an existing one.

Alison

this also works

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=913709

basically plug the phone in, press root and its done. You only need follow the instructions in the first post if it doesnt work.

Make sure you have the drivers installed though or it doesnt work as it wont detect the phone