T mobile (UK) hacks it's data allowance!

Guest squirreleater

You're right - I've just looked at their small print and found this:

That will mean a charge of maybe £15 a month (50p/day) and with a 30MB ceiling. I'm assuming that's 30MB per day for the 50p charge, so 900MB for £15/month on top of the call package? I'm not sure that's so great when T will reinstate the 3GB for £15/month.

T are reducing the FUP *by* 2.5GB, leaving you with a measly 500MB. This has been confirmed as effective for ALL customers, not just new contracts.

This is why you want the goody bag, which is not going away - £10 per month, 150 minutes, unlimited text, unlimited data with no monthly fee.

Guest Mr.Clark

I phoned up T-Mob to get my PAC today to take my number to GiffGaff.

Long spiel, but the punchline was this:

I'm now on a T-Mobile rolling monthly contract with 300 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet (fair use cap of 3GB) for £10 per month.

The guy assured me several times that the 500Mb cap was only for devices like iPhone and Blackberry. He specifically said that with an Android phone, there is a 3GB limit "which is basically unlimited".

I have no idea how accurate this will turn out to be. We'll see in Feb, if I can get over 500Mb usage out of it.

Just thought this might help some people negotiate a better deal ;)

• 2 weeks later...
wow an amazing backtrack (sarcasm) the best that is going to help anybody is if they just signed up this month for a 2 year deal. because i have 2 phones with them one out of contract in april and one in november so that means as soon as the contract is over they will switch me to the 500 mb limit :lol:

No it doesn't. Your contract will continue after your lock in period expires. According to their statement you should keep the 3Gb fup cap until you cancel your contract or upgrade.

Your problem comes when you want a new handset. Then you will have to accept the lower cap, change providers or buy an unlocked handset for use with your existing contract.

Guest scotty2k0

My current contract with o2 ends in a month but I've just ordered Web 600 24 from E2save as I will get a 1GB rather than 500MB.

I've gone for the Orange San Fransisco (bought this seperately) with 600mins, 500 txts and 1GB data, after e2save cash back of £518.65 + £46.46 TCB the actual contract works out at £4.04 a month.

TMobile have confirmed that as long as the order goes through at some point before Tuesday I'll get the full 1GB rather than 500MB ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.