Cyanogen Mod 7 For Blade

Guest olionair

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Going to continue working on this throughout the week. I expect to be able to get it booting soon.

At the moment, the issue is that /data isn't mounting.

Development may be slow, sorry. I don't have a Blade myself so the testing process takes a lot longer ;)

Guest shadowninty
Going to continue working on this throughout the week. I expect to be able to get it booting soon.

Development may be slow, sorry. I don't have a Blade myself so the testing process takes a lot longer ;)

your work is greatly appreciated! :)

Woah, no problem its just great to see some progress. Small steps are the best until you can make leaps?

Guest leromarinvit
For any devs interested, this is the kernel log I retrieved from the device:

http://pastebin.com/p4DxNWt5

Any specific reason you're using 2.6.29? 2.6.32 source has been availbable for some time now.

Anyway, I greatly appreciate your effort. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to help out myself.

Guest Waadulf
Guys... I have a booting build of CM7. Still lack a few features and still have problems (and that's the main "why" it isn't on any Android forums). To check the progress go to my homepage or check my twiter.

Last update is here: http://goo.gl/3E4Nh

Nice ;)

Guys... I have a booting build of CM7. Still lack a few features and still have problems (and that's the main "why" it isn't on any Android forums). To check the progress go to my homepage or check my twiter.

Last update is here: http://goo.gl/3E4Nh

Great, any chance you can share your device tree and any other changes so that others can work on it to help?

Great, any chance you can share your device tree and any other changes so that others can work on it to help?

Sure, I will ;)

The kernel is already available on my github page. the device tree still isn't because i wanted to fix some minor problems i'm having first. But I will make it public, rest assured. Planning to make it to the official CM tree so, it *will* be public :)

Sure, I will ;)

The kernel is already available on my github page. the device tree still isn't because i wanted to fix some minor problems i'm having first. But I will make it public, rest assured. Planning to make it to the official CM tree so, it *will* be public :)

Does this mean you solved the RIL-problem that stopped the other devs from porting CM until now?

Does this mean you solved the RIL-problem that stopped the other devs from porting CM until now?

Still didn't test RIL... As I mentioned in the post, I haven't tried phone calls yet.

No, as I said. It's still not usable.

Read the post on r3pek's blog - it's quite explicit. Thanks for the work! Happy to provide feedback on it once it's usable ;).

Actually, just analysed the changes made the the ril and itelephony source I posted and there aren't really that many differences! If I get time I might try copying them through to the AOSP to see if they work.

Guest sebbo90
Actually, just analysed the changes made the the ril and itelephony source I posted and there aren't really that many differences! If I get time I might try copying them through to the AOSP to see if they work.

Cool, hope it works ;)

Guest fonix232
ps for those who need a proxy, there is a method which may do what you want if someone can knock together a small app to set it

android.webkit.Network.enableProxy(Z) - i'm not sure exactly what it expects but probably something like http://proxy.com:8080 etc

Yep, CM added an option for that in CM6, but it only adds the redirection of the port 80. While TransProxy does it for all known ports (Download manager, Maps, Market, etc, these aren't supported by the enableProxy command ;) ) and adds option for Proxy Authentication too (I need it as my school network is based on Squid caching, what needs proper login).

Since there was a semi AOSP 2.1 port for the blade which involved using the ZTE framework to get things going I'm assuming that the ZTE changes are backward compatible with AOSP so in theory there should be a small number of changes needed to get ril up and running.

Rather than setting up from scratch, anyone have an AOSP 2.2 rel1 build which works on the blade, apart from ril?

Guest MrHicks
Rather than setting up from scratch, anyone have an AOSP 2.2 rel1 build which works on the blade, apart from ril?

It seems like the progess made so far may be for CyanogenMod 7 which is based off of 2.3 AOSP, correct?

If so, I think Tom G had an AOSP 2.3 build, not sure if any modifications were made to the telephony framework, but the RIL is not working, here's the link.

ps for those who need a proxy, there is a method which may do what you want if someone can knock together a small app to set it

android.webkit.Network.enableProxy(Z) - i'm not sure exactly what it expects but probably something like http://proxy.com:8080 etc

The enableProxy option in the zte blade takes a boolean. Iam not sure where to set the actual adress/port settings.

It seems like the progess made so far may be for CyanogenMod 7 which is based off of 2.3 AOSP, correct?

If so, I think Tom G had an AOSP 2.3 build, not sure if any modifications were made to the telephony framework, but the RIL is not working, here's the link.

Yeah it would be easier to do based on 2.2 since it's more similar to zte but I guess CM7 could be a start point, don't think Tom released his device tree though

Guest HCDR.Jacob
Any specific reason you're using 2.6.29? 2.6.32 source has been availbable for some time now.

Anyway, I greatly appreciate your effort. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to help out myself.

Using .32 now, still the same issue though.

Good work r3pek, I'm sure you will do better than me. It's harder for me without a device to test on, wish you all the best (:

Using .32 now, still the same issue though.

Good work r3pek, I'm sure you will do better than me. It's harder for me without a device to test on, wish you all the best (:

Does this mean you will not take up this device?