Cyanogen Mod 7 For Blade

Guest olionair

Guest fonix232
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Weird, works again...

Well, maybe those blackouts they told me with the server I am "renting", they are trying to move on a new machine but it's time...

Is it only Paul that can grant access to that area?

If so could a message not be sent to the main devs about it and put a mesasge on here reminding people about it and to ask for access?

Guest Matty-p

If so could a message not be sent to the main devs about it and put a mesasge on here reminding people about it and to ask for access?

yea but theres like 6/7 really we need a dev sub forum for us to do stuff like 2.3 , cynogen mod ect without the newbies (no offence anyone!) maybe that all can view but only people mods grant acsess to can post ? have as you may have seen comented on this a couple of times in our report section.

Guest Matty-p
Weird, works again...

Well, maybe those blackouts they told me with the server I am "renting", they are trying to move on a new machine but it's time...

out of interest how much do you 'rent' a machine for ? with what bandwith ?

Guest fonix232
out of interest how much do you 'rent' a machine for ? with what bandwith ?

Unlimited storage, bandwidth, mysql db, ftp users, so basically everything is unlimited (except scripting langs, only a few available), for free :lol:

There should be ads, but smart IPBoard can remove them (I can only see them on the admin login page).

Guest Matty-p
Unlimited storage, bandwidth, mysql db, ftp users, so basically everything is unlimited (except scripting langs, only a few available), for free :lol:

There should be ads, but smart IPBoard can remove them (I can only see them on the admin login page).

ummm php? and there name?

As I am not dev'ing, I wouldn't object to not being able to post in the interest of signal to noise (although of course I myself would never add to that :)). However in the spirit of openness and open source, I really would like it to be at least read only to all. Community spirit and encouraging new contributors is hard, but being welcoming and inclusive to all is a good way to start :lol:

Re: ar6000.ko, there seems to exist an open source driver for the Atheros AR6000 wifi chipset in the OpenMoko project, see linuxwireless.org and OpenMoko git. The driver seems to be not quite in perfect state though. (edit: t0mm13b seems to have imported that driver in git here already)

Some hardware related questions (just completing the Blade wiki article):

• Is the Blade really using the AR6000? I read something about AR6002 in these forums. (edit: it's the AR6002)
  • What hardware is used for bluetooth, what for touch? (edit: see wiki)
  • What hardware of the Blade relies on closed source drivers (i.e., no open source drivers available for it)? (edit: apparently also EGL graphics lib)

Edited by Grain

Guest oh!dougal
yea but theres like 6/7 really we need a dev sub forum for us to do stuff like 2.3 , cynogen mod ect without the newbies (no offence anyone!) maybe that all can view but only people mods grant acsess to can post ? have as you may have seen comented on this a couple of times in our report section.

Fonix232 has (more than 24 hours ago) created the devspace to discuss the ril details with minimal 'noise'.

Will they turn up?

http://fonix232.co.cc/index.php?/topic/8-wip-ril-reversing/

Guest t0mm13b
Fonix232 has (more than 24 hours ago) created the devspace to discuss the ril details with minimal 'noise'.

Will they turn up?

http://fonix232.co.cc/index.php?/topic/8-wip-ril-reversing/

It is my understanding that the AOSP source for the rild is generic, after all, the baseband chipset's driver, loaded by the kernel, creates a file in /dev/ttyMSMx in which the rild layer communicates by reading/writing to that file....

am I missing something here....????

Edited by t0mm13b

Re: ar6000.ko, there seems to exist an open source driver for the Atheros AR6000 wifi chipset in the OpenMoko project, see linuxwireless.org and OpenMoko git. The driver seems to be not quite in perfect state though.

• Is the Blade really using the AR6000? I read something about AR6002 in these forums.
  • What hardware is used for bluetooth, what for touch?
  • What hardware of the Blade relies on closed source drivers (i.e., no open source drivers available for it)?

Hardware overview of the Blade:

http://www.recentlyreviewed.net/2010/12/or...tft-review.html

Identifiable chips / components: (Click images above to enlarge, or to view additional images!) Top: Samsung SWB-A23 (Wifi, bluetooth), Qualcomm (hidden from view), Qualcomm PM754, AH56714, C1034003 (Power management), Underneath: Samsung 040, KA1000015M-AJTT, YK10338E (RAM), Qualcomm MSM7 (CPU, hidden from view), TriQuint 7M5012H, 1037, KORE, AT9366. Camera module: Made by MCNEX MC_32A2_48, 2010.06.04, the chip on the front of the phone, above the screen: 1KAAV0QW, Z1A0AD09.

Check out the above site.

Guest t0mm13b
Re: ar6000.ko, there seems to exist an open source driver for the Atheros AR6000 wifi chipset in the OpenMoko project, see linuxwireless.org and OpenMoko git. The driver seems to be not quite in perfect state though.

• Is the Blade really using the AR6000? I read something about AR6002 in these forums.
  • What hardware is used for bluetooth, what for touch?
  • What hardware of the Blade relies on closed source drivers (i.e., no open source drivers available for it)?

The only way to find out is to immediately grab /proc/last_kmsg after bootup, grab it and examine it...

Thankfully, Paul updated the adb server on the blade to allow for the history and command editing when plugged in with the cable... :)

Have tried to recompile my own kernel with it and borking on the wifi because of the binary driver is "incompatible" with the version of the kernel I recompiled.... ?! :lol:

I wonder, is it still ril that is main problem[not that it isn't a big problem I meant as its not impossible to solve this?], because i sometimes notice the cpu daemon, jumps up and down too often...

Edited by Cirno

Guest fonix232

After browsing a bit (thanks for the disassembly link!), I found this:

The wireless chipset of the Blade is a Samsung (Semco) SWB-A23.

Specs:

WiFi Chipset: Atheros AR6002

Bluetooth Chipset: Qualcomm BTS402

Antenna: Single

Rx Sensitivity (typ): -73 dB

Tx Power Level (for EVM: 15dB

Power consumptions of these: Unknown.

So basically who said it is an AR6002, they were right.

EDIT:

Drivers available for Android:

- For ATOM CPU (definitely not the Blade)

- For Infomax CPU

And for WinCE:

- For Qualcomm series 7250 and 8250 (we need the 7250 one).

EDIT2:

More info on the MSM7227:

- Official WiFi Chipset: Atheros AR6002

- BT: BTS4025

- PMIC: PM7540

- Built-in Adrenos 200 graphics enhancer

- Options to boot from SD card

- RF config by default: RTR6285 Platform F with SMPS GSM PA

- Camera support: 30FPS WVGA (8Mp)

- High speed OTG (built-in PHY)

Edited by fonix232

After browsing a bit (thanks for the disassembly link!), I found this

Thanks :lol: , seems I found the same highly confidential sources via Google yesterday - I already added most of this to the Blade wiki page.

(edit) Re RIL, can someone give a list of pointers (if possible deep links) to the components this involves? As far as I read so far, there's some kernel part, the platform/hardware/ril.git project, and some other framework part?

Concerning the kernel, anyone looking at a diff between the vanilla Android kernel and the ZTE one currently in some organized manner? r3pek?

BTW fonix, your server (with the ril thread) seems to be down again...

Edited by Grain

It is my understanding that the AOSP source for the rild is generic, after all, the baseband chipset's driver, loaded by the kernel, creates a file in /dev/ttyMSMx in which the rild layer communicates by reading/writing to that file....

am I missing something here....????

You are missing that /dev/ttyMSM2 is in no way related to RIL (its a debug port on the back of the blade). Maybe you mean /dev/smd0, which is used to communicate with the baseband processor.

I don't really see the point of your post though. It is as if you are saying the the answer is obvious and it clearly isn't.

It is posts like this that have encouraged me to stop reading this thread.

Guest Frankish

Has anyone got a booting build of CM7 that i could have please. I just want to have a mess about try some things RIL related. I'll probably fall flat on my face but i want to have a go at least...

Guest fonix232
Has anyone got a booting build of CM7 that i could have please. I just want to have a mess about try some things RIL related. I'll probably fall flat on my face but i want to have a go at least...

Yea, it would be really nice if the people who got it working would upload their device tree...

Guest Frankish

Yup, i would test stuff on the 2.3 rom uploaded but for that i need to flash a different version of clockwork and this i can't be bothered to do. I like my current one. Surely it can't do any harm just sharing the booting build?

I might have to just change clockwork version.

Guest hecatae

as above, if someone could provide a clockwork update zip we could work on the files within it

Guest t0mm13b
You are missing that /dev/ttyMSM2 is in no way related to RIL (its a debug port on the back of the blade). Maybe you mean /dev/smd0, which is used to communicate with the baseband processor.

I don't really see the point of your post though. It is as if you are saying the the answer is obvious and it clearly isn't.

It is posts like this that have encouraged me to stop reading this thread.

No need to get obnoxious here! That comment is not called for!

Nor an attitude that reeks of "elitism" is required... a little professionalism goes a long way Tom G....

Why don't you read the rild sources, in the google repo, if I recall, there's a function within libril-reference, that reads the command line on bootup, and looks for ttyMSM.... and attempts to open it for read/write...

Either way, we are blindmen sitting in the dark, the code is modified by ZTE and is closed off...

Oh and Tom G, be a little more "less-arrogant" when posting...

obviously your communicating skills needs a bit of fine-tuning... and not put down others in that manner... :lol:

To t0mm13b and Tom G: Please do not carry out these kinds of arguments here. If necessary, use private board messaging for this. There are people subscribed to this thread who are really not interested in this.

On-Topic: In the interest of science, I had a look at the ZTE 2.6.32 sources yesterday, trying to find out what code exactly it is based on. That's a pretty difficult job; apparently AOSP 2.6.32 is closest (still 1.2MB diff), but there are many pieces in the ZTE code that seem to be backported from AOSP 2.6.36 and 2.6.37 as well as code from Code Aurora and even Cyanogen. I'm not sure whether the latter code was copied from CA/C to ZTE or the other way around though, have to check again. Much of the diff is also probably not related to the ZTE Blade directly but rather part of some internal ZTE branch of AOSP 2.6.32 used for many devices. I guess trying to sort out the ZTE code and producing a set of minimal diffs that add Blade support to AOSP would be nice but is a lot of work. The other way around, starting with a normal kernel, and adding obviously needed things until things are working correctly, seems more feasible. Of course, the drawback with the latter approach is that if there are 'subtle' ZTE patches (e.g., stability fixes, power saving improvements, ...) these might get lost.