Cyanogen Mod 7 For Blade

Guest olionair

To t0mm13b and Tom G: Please do not carry out these kinds of arguments here. If necessary, use private board messaging for this. There are people subscribed to this thread who are really not interested in this.

On-Topic: In the interest of science, I had a look at the ZTE 2.6.32 sources yesterday, trying to find out what code exactly it is based on. That's a pretty difficult job; apparently AOSP 2.6.32 is closest (still 1.2MB diff), but there are many pieces in the ZTE code that seem to be backported from AOSP 2.6.36 and 2.6.37 as well as code from Code Aurora and even Cyanogen. I'm not sure whether the latter code was copied from CA/C to ZTE or the other way around though, have to check again. Much of the diff is also probably not related to the ZTE Blade directly but rather part of some internal ZTE branch of AOSP 2.6.32 used for many devices. I guess trying to sort out the ZTE code and producing a set of minimal diffs that add Blade support to AOSP would be nice but is a lot of work. The other way around, starting with a normal kernel, and adding obviously needed things until things are working correctly, seems more feasible. Of course, the drawback with the latter approach is that if there are 'subtle' ZTE patches (e.g., stability fixes, power saving improvements, ...) these might get lost.

ZTE use the same kernel source for all devices, just different configs for each, which is a good approach in some ways but it's what causes them to break the code for one device when they add support for another! Maybe a combination of looking at the .29 diffs (at which point there were fewer devices but they never really released working code) plus the .32 diffs to work out what is actually required for the blade. I think the ftm_flags stuff can be ignored.

Guest ergo911
has anyone got a boot.img and a system.img I can work on, the 2.3 build on the other thread has a boot loop.

and can I have the md5 sum for it as well

i think nobody has a booting CM image... prove me wrong :lol:

Guest hecatae
i think nobody has a booting CM image... prove me wrong :)

the 2.3 image on the other thread does not boot either. :lol:

and I'm not going to compile from source, as I only have a netbook at present, it'd take hours

Guest olionair

i need booting version of this ROMs source as one of my mates thinks he knows how to fix the RIL Issues

+ TomG has slowed down the development by refusing help from a member of the CM team

Edited by olionair

Guest Frankish

This guys says he has it booting...

Guys... I have a booting build of CM7. Still lack a few features and still have problems (and that's the main "why" it isn't on any Android forums). To check the progress go to my homepage or check my twiter.

Last update is here: http://goo.gl/3E4Nh

Guest Frankish
i need booting version of this ROMs source as one of my mates thinks he knows how to fix the RIL Issues

+ mattyp has slowed down the development by refusing help from a member of the CM team

Elaborate?

Guest olionair
This guys says he has it booting...

i know he has it booting but need the source for his build

and the TomG situation well one of my best friends is the developer for the HTC wildfire on the CM team. Apparently the way people are trying to fix the RIL is via the HTC method ( 1 file ) but inn fact it is multiple files required and when he offered help to mattyp he said no even when he knew that he was a member of the CM team.

Edited by olionair

Guest hecatae
i know he has it booting but need the source for his build

and the mattyp situation well one of my best friends is the developer for the HTC wildfire on the CM team. Apparently the way people are trying to fix the RIL is via the HTC method ( 1 file ) but inn fact it is multiple files required and when he offered help to mattyp he said no even when he knew that he was a member of the CM team.

so is his github https://github.com/r3pek not any good?

https://github.com/r3pek/device_zte_blade.git

This is a tree for ZTE blade based devices for the CyanogenMod project.

The status is *very* alpha. The phone boots, have 3d accel support and sound. nothing else, yet.

For the extract files you need a ZTE Blade ROM based on Froyo (2.2) or you won't get some things working (like 3d accel).

Edited by hecatae

Guest toyotahilux

If it helps anyone, until a build of CM that boots is uploaded, if you go back a few pages in the 2.3 thread Tom G uploaded a booting build that you had to flash through fastboot. For me, this doesn't have the bootloop issue. I have an original OLED model.

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/325...0/#entry1522972

Edited by toyotahilux

Guest hecatae
If it helps anyone, until a build of CM that boots is uploaded, if you go back a few pages in the 2.3 thread Tom G uploaded a booting build that you had to flash through fastboot. For me, this doesn't have the bootloop issue. I have an original OLED model.

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/325...0/#entry1522972

nothing to stop you trying to flash that using TPT.

looks interesting, I assume we would

repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b gingerbread

repo sync

cd vendor

git clone git://github.com/r3pek/device_zte_blade.git

?

any idea if this is using the zte kernel or CM and if the VM split stuff is sorted?

Guest hecatae
looks interesting, I assume we would

repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b gingerbread

repo sync

cd vendor

?

any idea if this is using the zte kernel or CM and if the VM split stuff is sorted?

no idea, currently building generic aosp

maybe

mkdir -p ~/bin

mkdir -p ~/android/system

curl http://android.git.kernel.org/repo > ~/bin/repo

chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

sudo reboot

cd ~/android/system/

repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b froyo

repo sync

cd device

mkdir zte

cd zte

git clone git://github.com/jvaughan/san-francisco-kernel.git

or

or

git clone git://github.com/ZTE-BLADE/ZTE-BLADE-2.6.32.git

the last one is interesting, first one has been matched to codeaurora, 2nd is the cm7

Edited by hecatae

Guest ergo911
worrying to read that both the htc legend and the lg optimus one p500 dont have working 3d drivers on cm7 or gingerbread, both have a msm7227 chipset

In Post #186 says that 3d is working on blade?

Guys, i'm sorry if i'm not replying to your emails and/or comments. I have *not* leave the port alone.

I'm in the process of moving to another home and i'm packing everything and making arrangements for me and my family, plus, my wife just got cirurgy and I have two kids to take care two (1 and half years and 5 years old boys).

Now, as soon as i'm on my new home (hope next week) i'll be back trying to make this work.

The device tree I posted on my github, it's missing some files on the extract-files.sh script. Besides that, everything should work (at least, the things I said it work).

If anyone want's to get the tree and make changes to make ril work/sensors/etc please do but remember to push the changed back. If we keep just *one* repo with all working changes it will be faster.

I'm available on twitter btw.

Guys, i'm sorry if i'm not replying to your emails and/or comments. I have *not* leave the port alone.

I'm in the process of moving to another home and i'm packing everything and making arrangements for me and my family, plus, my wife just got cirurgy and I have two kids to take care two (1 and half years and 5 years old boys).

Now, as soon as i'm on my new home (hope next week) i'll be back trying to make this work.

The device tree I posted on my github, it's missing some files on the extract-files.sh script. Besides that, everything should work (at least, the things I said it work).

If anyone want's to get the tree and make changes to make ril work/sensors/etc please do but remember to push the changed back. If we keep just *one* repo with all working changes it will be faster.

I'm available on twitter btw.

Thanks for making this available, which kernel are you using at the moment? The ZTE .32 or a CM kernel? which is the best approach?

Thanks for making this available, which kernel are you using at the moment? The ZTE .32 or a CM kernel? which is the best approach?

I' used a kernel compiled by me. The kernel is in my github page. It's the kernel-zte-blade project.

I' used a kernel compiled by me. The kernel is in my github page. It's the kernel-zte-blade project.

ok thanks, could you up your .config there too please so we know what it was compiled with and can make the source match automatically?

was this kernel based on the zte 03z .32 source?

ok thanks, could you up your .config there too please so we know what it was compiled with and can make the source match automatically?

was this kernel based on the zte 03z .32 source?

Yeah, it's the .32 ZTE kernel. With some patches that are all on the git log.

I'll try to upload a zteblade_defconfig later tonight (no promises), but you can boot the kernel that is on the device tree and get the /proc/config.gz from there too.