Sim network subnet locked

Guest fradleyp

Guest thejeff

Me too, also with Filbblesan's R6 FroYo ROM. Only mine says "SIM Network Subset locked" (not "subnet") on the lock screen. Everything else works fine, so I'm ignoring the message for now.

My phone is evidently not SIM locked as I'm successfully using a Giffgaff SIM. Unless it means that the phone has re-locked itself to the O2 network, which would be a pain as I will be wanting to use a different SIM soon.

Guest fradleyp
Me too, also with Filbblesan's R6 FroYo ROM. Only mine says "SIM Network Subset locked" (not "subnet") on the lock screen. Everything else works fine, so I'm ignoring the message for now.

My phone is evidently not SIM locked as I'm successfully using a Giffgaff SIM. Unless it means that the phone has re-locked itself to the O2 network, which would be a pain as I will be wanting to use a different SIM soon.

ooops it is subSET

sorry

Guest Arr Too

If you're unlocked then that sounds like a spurious error message, probably something up with the combination of dialler and phone APKs being used on that ROM? There were similar sorts of issues with the apps on the Japanese ROM, so maybe they need a little hacking to be more compatible?

Edited by Arr Too

It says that for some reason when you use that fancy lock screen thing

the one where you draw to unlock

Take if off and just use the normal lock screen and it don't come up

Edited by Lew247

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Simon O
Same here with r8a and draw lock screen.

Incorrect. That has been fixed since r8.

Would help a lot if this thread was posted in the correct section of the forum (which the mod failed to pick up on) or better yet posted as a question in the FLB thread.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest jjustyy

Would help a lot if this thread was posted in the correct section of the forum (which the mod failed to pick up on) or better yet posted as a question in the FLB thread.

Hi FB,

I've installed your Froyo rom for the first time yesterday, full wipe then r8a (flb-froyo-blade-r8a.zip) and I see this error too on the pattern lock screen.

I didn't see this on Japanese Jellyfish.

I have installed and used giffgaffAPN to set up the giffgaff settings. Would this have caused a problem?

(I've replied here in case the thread moves.)

Edited by jjustyy

I did actually notice it and considered moving it, but it's a general question that lots of people might ask at some stage so wasn't sure if it should be moved or not

Which section do you want it moved to? or do you reckon it would be best in?

Guest Simon O

Sorry for coming across rude in my message :P

Would be best for rom-specific questions to be moved into rom threads but since this thread has grown might be best to leave it here.

I've just noticed that even though I fixed the problem in android.policy.jar that r8a was uploaded with an older file. So if you use the pattern lock and want the message removing please flash this small update:

patternlock_fix.zip

What this does:

It will replace android.policy.jar with a bug-fixed version by myself with the incorrect string correctly remapped. Now it will correctly say "Draw to unlock".

Copy the file to your SD card and flash using the recovery image. For future installs and until I release r9 you can replace the existing file inside the rom zip with this.

• 3 weeks later...