Calling Orange sales line, can this be got for 78.99 ?

Guest WinterWonderland

Guest WinterWonderland

Guy from orange just told me they only offer the discount to orange customers and even then it depends on how much they have topped up over a period of time.

Has anyone heard of or gotten this phone without being an orange member for less than £109.00?

If not does having an orange sim sent out to you and then trying get it cheaper in anyone's experience?

Guy from orange just told me they only offer the discount to orange customers and even then it depends on how much they have topped up over a period of time.

Has anyone heard of or gotten this phone without being an orange member for less than £109.00?

If not does having an orange sim sent out to you and then trying get it cheaper in anyone's experience?

i got 10% discount that was with student discount card so in total with top up was £100

Guest targetbsp

If you know someone on orange you could get them to buy it for you. That's what I did.

But no... they won't let you have it that cheap if not on orange.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest WinterWonderland

Only know people on O2 lol

I ordered PAYG sims off them, i wonder if i even top up that with a £10 would someone give me the £30 off. Anyone done it that way ?

Guest WinterWonderland

Yeah I was reading old threads here and other sites seems to be the consensus.

So i tried another avenue, the student route. Just rang the sales line again and apparently I can get it for £89.99 (including £10 top up) in store if i get my missus to produce the student card and buy it. Problem is in store say its 119.00 (incl £20 top up).

Any students been in store?

ps Argos are sold out no matter what postcode i put in around the country, none in stock!

Edited by WinterWonderland

Guest deanhiggins2

I got it for £79.89 and i had only had the orange sim for 3 months and only topup by £10 in that 3 months just keep ringing till you get someone who will do it

Apparently you can also get a discount if you are a cival servant, not sure how much though

One other thing, some Catalogue's are doing it for £99 (littlewoods, Very, Marshall Ward, basically all the ones that run under the same company) and nearly all of them have discount codes for new customers plus you can use a cashback site, ill have a look around as im pretty sure i saw a code on HUKD for £30 off for new customers opening a credit account but you can still pay with card right away :P

Heres the Very link and it should be the same on the other ones like littlewoods etc :D

http://www.very.co.uk/orange-san-francisco...4551-sku9334980

Guest WinterWonderland
Apparently you can also get a discount if you are a cival servant, not sure how much though

One other thing, some Catalogue's are doing it for £99 (littlewoods, Very, Marshall Ward, basically all the ones that run under the same company) and nearly all of them have discount codes for new customers plus you can use a cashback site, ill have a look around as im pretty sure i saw a code on HUKD for £30 off for new customers opening a credit account but you can still pay with card right away :P

Heres the Very link and it should be the same on the other ones like littlewoods etc :D

http://www.very.co.uk/orange-san-francisco...4551-sku9334980

Wow didnt think of that approach. Not a bad idea, they offer 10% for a new credit account on very. Havent checked the others yet tho.

Guest Matthew Ferguson
Only know people on O2 lol

I ordered PAYG sims off them, i wonder if i even top up that with a £10 would someone give me the £30 off. Anyone done it that way ?

I've already answered this question you asked on another thread. They check how long your account has existed for and how regular your top up is, this method will NOT work. However, I've been an Orange CONTRACT customer and they slipped up when I ordered over the sales line and gave me the £78.99 price. You're right, in store it's a 10% discount with a student or NHS card, but over the phone this is not the same, and the price in store is with a £20 top up, so £120.

Once again, this WILL NOT WORK with a brand new Orange SIM.

i got my m8 to get mine for me as he works at the council the woman in the shop only did a £10 top-up even though it says £20 top-up in store and he got £20 off for being a council worker making the total paid £89.00

Wow didnt think of that approach. Not a bad idea, they offer 10% for a new credit account on very. Havent checked the others yet tho.

Yeh just checked the bigger discounts are expired so the best is 10% but you should still be able to use a cashback site as well like quidco or topcashback for another 8%:D only prob now is with orange and various ways of getting a discount and now the Catalogue's and discounts you got too many options and have to work out which is best :P

Guest WinterWonderland
the price in store is with a £20 top up, so £120.

Well the lady with the geordie accent i just spoke with on the orange sales line must be chatting s***, because she told me I would get the phone for £89.99 if I went in with a student card. I thought she didn't have a clue when I spoke with her tbh but she asked a manager and that's what she told me when she came back.

Checking the T&C's on the orange site shows that the 10% student discount applies to Store, web and telesales but it only was from 1st sept to 15 nov Orange

Anyway looks like the student option is out.

Chepest I found was Very.co.uk at 99.99 + 10% discount for opening a credit account = £90

Edited by WinterWonderland

Guest ace9094

Google very.co.uk discount code... you can get £30 off any purchase over £60 I think its ZE060 or summat like that...

also argos haver it for £89 but you need a £10 topup, just sell it on or use the credit for browsiong the net :D

Guest WinterWonderland
Google very.co.uk discount code... you can get £30 off any purchase over £60 I think its ZE060 or summat like that...

also argos haver it for £89 but you need a £10 topup, just sell it on or use the credit for browsiong the net :D

Checked argos stores in Belfast, Liverpool, Glasgow, London and surrounding areas mate and all sold out. Found one for £89.99 on pre pay mania but its white! Would rather a black one.