[POLL] What ROM are you using?

Guest StevenHarperUK

Guest shaney2k

Seems pretty close between the big 2 at the moment. Im currently using Swedish Spring G2, it has the best battery life of any rom I have used so far. Need to try CM7 at some point, can anyone give me some feedback if they have recently moved to CM7 from SS on peformance and battery life etc? Thanks

Guest nrev
Updated - the task of updating is getting bigger!

And to make it a bit bigger (sorry!): it would be informative to also know the total number of votes in each of the previous polls - any chance you could add that to post #1?

Thanks!

Guest Anil k Solanki
Seems pretty close between the big 2 at the moment. Im currently using Swedish Spring G2, it has the best battery life of any rom I have used so far. Need to try CM7 at some point, can anyone give me some feedback if they have recently moved to CM7 from SS on peformance and battery life etc? Thanks

Hi Shaney2k, for what it's worth I used CM7 for a while but it was too unreliable for full time use. Battery life was hard to judge because of the constant restarts and the dreaded charging issue. I am using SS RLS5 currently and I love it, with the Gingerbread pack it looks darn identical for the most part.

I think it's awesome that unpaid fans are bringing 2.3 to the masses, but can anyone tell me what I can do with 2.3 that I can't do with 2.2? This is not a loaded question, I simply would love to know.

Regards, Anil.

Guest shaney2k
Hi Shaney2k, for what it's worth I used CM7 for a while but it was too unreliable for full time use. Battery life was hard to judge because of the constant restarts and the dreaded charging issue. I am using SS RLS5 currently and I love it, with the Gingerbread pack it looks darn identical for the most part.

I think it's awesome that unpaid fans are bringing 2.3 to the masses, but can anyone tell me what I can do with 2.3 that I can't do with 2.2? This is not a loaded question, I simply would love to know.

Regards, Anil.

Thanks for the feedback :mellow:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nigelpm2
Thanks for the feedback :P

Time for cyanogen I think.

Much more features in 2.3, much faster and very stable now and very EASY to install.

Guest Ar_jay

Regards, Anil.

have a look here: Android 2.3 Platform Highlights but the only really useful one is the draggable text cursor. It is really good, and not available in 2.2. I dont, however, think it makes CM7 better than SS5.

Guest targetbsp
have a look here: Android 2.3 Platform Highlights but the only really useful one is the draggable text cursor. It is really good, and not available in 2.2. I dont, however, think it makes CM7 better than SS5.

The notification LED works when the phone is asleep. *That* makes SM7 better than Froyo. :P And it runs apps faster.

Guest unrandomsam
The notification LED works when the phone is asleep. *That* makes SM7 better than Froyo. :P And it runs apps faster.

The cool bits aren't working that I have noticed.

Open Accessory standard.

(and gps still crashes - more so in 3rd party apps)

The charging bug is fixed. (You can build what should have been 7.0.0.4 if you want that might be ok)

Its annoying that BFS was removed. (Feels less responsive since then 70 revisions old the version CM using).

No AHB overclocking default kernel.

usb tether is broken.

bluetooth is totally borked on all roms. (On most devices from what I can gather). AOSP doesn't do it right.

I wouldn't be bothered if the leds were just not working totally.

Guest winckler

My first post ;)) I voted Swedish spring ..now using cm 7 last nightly with launcher pro and it rullz ..for me ..for now :P anyways, I wanted to tell this post is really informative for all that don't know what rom to choose..like I did about 3 weeks ago..Ur dooin a good job modaco ! thank you :D

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Yes, time for a reset.

Its also surprising that so many people are still gen1 - but I suppose when so many of them are on Swedish Spring, so many don't actually need to go gen2.

I think lots of people need to try Cm7 again, as lots of people think its still full of bugs!

Guest Pondlife
Its also surprising that so many people are still gen1 - but I suppose when so many of them are on Swedish Spring, so many don't actually need to go gen2

Well that's just one thing that's probably changed now. I know I was on g1 and ss when I answered this, but that wasn't even on current handset lol.

It's certainly been a busy period, although could be about to get more so with potentially a glut of new roms based on the leaked gingerbread.

------------------

Could someone start a new Which Rom Poll and unsticky this as this one doesn't seem likely to get reset? Or would it really be better to wait a little while longer given the rapid changes likely atm?

Guest Taptap1

Reset when Chinese official 2.3 is ready (overclocking, ...)

Think will change much, because of people thinking official builds are to 99 percent stable.

Maybe this coming week.

Edited by Taptap1

Guest wayno33
Have been trying out a few since getting my blade, but have settled for Paul's. Really stable and fast, have found it better than JJ, FLB-Froyo and Sebs. Also love the battery life and Gingerbread stuff.

Guest A freddled gruntbuggly

Whichever sort is built in. Replacing it would be… tricky, at best, and I certainly don't have the soldering skills nor the necessary hardware.

Guest zurpher
zurpher - that post was a while back, so instead of posting out of spite/getting e-pen0r points, shut up next time.

Did I hurt your feelings? It doesn't matter if it was a while ago as others may repeat your mistake. So please do not take offence.

Guest Productivity
Yes, time for a reset.

Its also surprising that so many people are still gen1 - but I suppose when so many of them are on Swedish Spring, so many don't actually need to go gen2.

I think lots of people need to try Cm7 again, as lots of people think its still full of bugs!

The GPS reboot bug persists for me on both CM 7 Green and GSF 9. It's a major bummer if you do alot of GPS tracking and such

Guest tyrol_gangster

this topic s/b reset and updated, please. using SS RLS5 but would appreciate an indication if there is anything more recent worth moving to.