I want an app for...

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread to recommend apps to people. Or even ask what the best of a certain type of app is.

My first one i put forward is the best rss app i have used so far. Pulse. It looks great as it puts all feeds on separate lines and displays an image behind the text etc. It has 2 widget sizes, large which uses half the screen and small which uses a quarter. Great looking app.

Anyone think there is a better RSS app i could be using?

Guest wolverine73

Excellent idea for a topic Frankish :)

I wont state the obvious ones straight away :lol:

Minimalistic Text - a widget which is VERY customizable and allows you to have your own style battery meter/clock/weather info defining colours,layouts,direction etc.

Zedge - wallpaper and ringtone app that has tons of beautiful wallpapers to choose from.

QuickPic - an alternative to the Gallery which after it's first initial display lets you view your images Real quick.

Guest UbaRolfey

This is a good thread!

I would like to know if there is an app to show notifications for exchange email as well as sms and missed calls, so it shows up at the bottom over the icon rather than the notification bar.

Mike

Guest UbaRolfey

Hi Actually I would like to recommend Palringo as a chat app, I would never have considered this as it doesn't get bigged up much on the market, but my daughter has a phone with this already on, so I chose to give it a go, and to my surprise it's really good, it has access to group chat rooms a bit like irc as well as the usual IM BB messenger type chat, and on top of that you can also enable many other messengers if you like, it has a nice polished UI, and comes with support room right from the start if you don't know how to do something.

Well worth a look!

Mike

Guest leetron1
I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread to recommend apps to people. Or even ask what the best of a certain type of app is.

My first one i put forward is the best rss app i have used so far. Pulse. It looks great as it puts all feeds on separate lines and displays an image behind the text etc. It has 2 widget sizes, large which uses half the screen and small which uses a quarter. Great looking app.

Thanks Frankish..Pulse is a great find..love the UI..thanks for the thread>>

Guest Rotmann
This is a good thread!

I would like to know if there is an app to show notifications for exchange email as well as sms and missed calls, so it shows up at the bottom over the icon rather than the notification bar.

Mike

LaucherPro has this option, i use it. ADW has it as an add-on too.

I would like to draw your attention to Button Savior. On-screen buttons for Home, Menu, Back and Power-On/Off. Essential for the Blade with it's fiddly buttons. I put it on the right upper size and it is always active in every app, does not bother at all.

Also PowerStrip is brilliant, you can multi-task very quick, you can put widgets and shortcuts and access them from every app without leaving the app.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest slipperz69
Excellent idea for a topic Frankish :)

I wont state the obvious ones straight away :lol:

Minimalistic Text - a widget which is VERY customizable and allows you to have your own style battery meter/clock/weather info defining colours,layouts,direction etc.

Zedge - wallpaper and ringtone app that has tons of beautiful wallpapers to choose from.

QuickPic - an alternative to the Gallery which after it's first initial display lets you view your images Real quick.

Hats off to you for the QuickPic reccomendation...wow a lot faster than ther stock viewer :)

Slipperz

Guest hydrophonic76

FBReader (Free) - best eBook reader.

the only one that read my files, witch has been converted with Calibre from pdf to epub.

FBReaderJ-10.png

Edited by hydrophonic76

Guest hydrophonic76

Calendar Pad (Free and Pro) - Calendar with best monthview

Pro version is customizable with other colours.

calpad.jpg

Edited by hydrophonic76

Guest arun687
http://www.androidblip.com/android-apps/an...lite-16035.html

Maybe this is what your looking for? you have to use the full version for phone answering mind.

Mike

No mate, actually looking for something that acts as a voicemail. Here in my country, no operators provide visual voicemail and the traditional voicemail is not user friendly at all. So looking for something that will answer my calls based on conditions, play a recorded message and record the caller's response and save it.

+1, and I also recommend FeedR for a more lightweight reader that renders feeds pretty well.

I second your Pulse and raise you a Titanium Backup (paid version) so much better than the free because it works.

I'd hate to think that Titanium Backup Free is dodgy just because it's the free version. Experienced any hanging DominicA, especially during batch restore?

FBReader (Free) - best eBook reader.

the only one that read my files, witch has been converted with Calibre from pdf to epub.

+1, and the page transitions are nice too.

I'd like to ask anyone using YouLu Address Book/SMS (Kalte_Kaffe?) if they've since disabled the stock Messaging app using Autostarts or similar. Does this have any unintended side effects? Would like to know this about the stock Calendar app too, as I'm a Jorte fan...

Guest Phoenix Silver

root explorer is the best file manager especially when you use system apps

CAP2011012610491.jpg

drocap2 is an excellent app to take screen-shots

do you know a simple app just to flip the pictures taken by screen-shots ?

have run backups and restores with Titanium with no problem. What specific problems are there ?

It hangs for me sometimes when restoring apps+data. I'm sure it's not a problem with TB (which is the best of its kind of course), maybe just incompatibility issues when restoring apps+data to new ROMs

Guest Xenon0816

I would like to recommend you SwipePad... It's still beta, but already works very well.

This is an application for multitasking. You will have acces to a list of apps from any app running, by swiping your finger from a predefined position into the screen...

Check it out: SwipePad

€: nice thread btw! Button Savior is a good recommendation.

Edited by Xenon0816

Guest thedandyp

CAP2011012610491.jpg

Can I ask what theme you're running there...is it 2.2 blade? Looks pretty nice!

Guest Phoenix Silver
Can I ask what theme you're running there...is it 2.2 blade? Looks pretty nice!

yes 2.2 rom

generation X theme available for all roms

Edited by Phoenix Silver

Guest digisol

Not an app for the android, but for your android phone...

myphoneexplorer - current version I believe is 1.8.0. Been using the previous versions for many years with my old SE smartphone, and getting the SF was partly as this software was now working with android.

Guest isambard

CAP2011012610491.jpg

i use picsay free to do rotation. i plan to write my own screenshot app (with rotation!) when i get time.

Guest womble_sanfran

Thanks for the quickpic and calendar pad tips, they looks great.

My reccommendations:

Tasker - This is a paid app. I have it set to set my phone to silent when I arrive at work, turn wifi on when I get home, etc. Very useful.

TmobNotify - This is a paid app. It notifies me when I am running out of minutes and texts.

K9 - Free email app with lots of options.