[ROM] 26/Jan r0.2: de-crossed (cheque) ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Len Ash
On JJ9, the WiFi drains battery really quickly! After 24hrs with WiFi off, my battery was at approx 90% (I was amazed by that ;) though I didn't use my phone much then...), then, (next day), after turning wifi on, browsing through apps, facebook & twitter, and playing games (hw_ui + ahb_oc + blue gingerbread mod + blue keyboard + custom build.prop with 62 vm size + SetCPU "performance" @ 710 MHz), it went down really quickly to like 60% after 2hrs, and now it's about 9% (after 52 hours or so...)

It's almost the same as it was on the 2.1 stock though ;) But I thought new ROM could make battery life longer...

JJ9 lasts up to 3 days "normal" use without all the overclocking stuff on.... remember that this is a phone not a DSi....

Or were you being ironic?

Guest Kthulhu

I am relally surprised with this rom. I have an UK gray OLED SF that never reconnects 100% times to my home wifi (tried modaco 2.1, FLB 2.2 and Seb 2.2 de-soft..and all kind of fixes) but whit this 2.2 de-crossed so far so good. I tested several times during hours and I wifi reconnects, wifi can be set to "never sleep" and most of the time phone wake up the with Menu button ;)

This may not be the same in your phone, I got two SF at home and they behave different with similar roms and I am a fanboy of no one: my White SF have KK finnish 2.1 and works great with no wifi problem what so ever. But for my grey SF, this could be the perfect rom...until next Wednesday ;)

Edited by Kthulhu

Guest That-Guy
You could enable hw acceleration, mine is really fast that way. I am also using the Nexus One original 2.2 (FRF91) launcher, attached if there is any interest.

You have to unzip it, the .apk is inside.

I have this in my SanFran and it is fast.

Is there any other differences with this other than speed?

Thanks

I tested several times during hours and I can always reconnects, wifi can be set to "never sleep" and phone wake up the with Menu button ;)

This means basically that your phone never sleeps. It may shutdown the display, but when you can wake your phone with any button, then something is way off. On my phone, when the screen gets dark, i can use any button as many times as i like, the screen remains dark, the phone sleeps. Only the power button awakes my phone.

Guest Filipe Catalao

So, there's no sollution for the 3G connection problem with sync?

Now i'm having it too. I can't use market in 3g, or nothing that uses 3G... and no google sync :S

Guest Kthulhu

Now i'm having it too. I can't use market in 3g, or nothing that uses 3G... and no google sync :S

Reboot the phone and set up your google account again, this may help.

Guest Kthulhu
This means basically that your phone never sleeps. It may shutdown the display, but when you can wake your phone with any button, then something is way off. On my phone, when the screen gets dark, i can use any button as many times as i like, the screen remains dark, the phone sleeps. Only the power button awakes my phone.

It means my phone "sleep" with the wifi ON, and of course it will drain more battery. But if I set up: "wifi sleep when screen off" , the wifi sleep when screen OFF, and I still can wake up with menu button...I could not found any weird app running in the background...and is's so cool ;)

Guest Filipe Catalao
Reboot the phone and set up your google account again, this may help.

Nop doesn't work. even wipe data, cache, and dalvik...

With or without wireless, tested with 2 different network simcard and nothing :S

Guest Sebastian404

What network are you on? are you sure the APN settings are right? can you browse the internet normaly?

I've just tried it, I can access the market, my email, everything as I'd expect.. over 3G

Edited by Sebastian404

Is de-crossed rockin' the f'ugly ZTE lockscreen? ;)

And, Seb, are you going to follow the stock path? ~

That is, stock dialer, stock contacts, etc?

If so, perhaps you could delete smartdialer.apk and incorporate contacts.apk, contactsprovider.apk and phone.apk from the JJ ROM, in this ROM. At least mELIANTE proposes this in post #113 and I guess it makes sense!

Thanks!

Guest Filipe Catalao
What network are you on? are you sure the APN settings are right? can you browse the internet normaly?

I've just tried it, I can access the market, my email, everything as I'd expect.. over 3G

Problem solved...

Don't know how, but, installed r.01 again and no r.02, and after mobile freezing at connection to google servers, i shutdown it, and after power it on again, the sync was activated ;) don't know how, but it's working.

for me, in r.02 didn't.

now i'm using vodafone portugal, but i tested it with optimus portugal too.

Guest steveuk1981

just upgraded to 2.2 (this rom) everything works great apart from wifi. nothing happens wwhen i turn it on, logo lights up green on power control, but thats it, any ideas? ( in non dev/noob/ idiot language plz ) cheers

Guest Gnitrops

Just installed this (coming from JJ RLS8) and I can't access 3G, only normal network. (I'm on Portuguese TMN) What's wrong?

Also, I can access Internet over WiFi, but the phone can't connect to Google for accounts. I can go to normal google sites through the browser though.

Guest mELIANTE
Is de-crossed rockin' the f'ugly ZTE lockscreen? ;)

And, Seb, are you going to follow the stock path? ~

That is, stock dialer, stock contacts, etc?

If so, perhaps you could delete smartdialer.apk and incorporate contacts.apk, contactsprovider.apk and phone.apk from the JJ ROM, in this ROM. At least mELIANTE proposes this in post #113 and I guess it makes sense!

Thanks!

Actually I've been revising replaced apks and it was only contacts provider aond contats apks that I replace. phone.apk is still the same ;)

Guest Ralph Martin

Seb:

two quick questions.

(1) Does 0.2 fit into a 128Mb partition now the extra language files have gone?

(2) Will I still be able to use the Google Pinyin IME if I download it from the market, or do the removed language files preclude this?

Guest oh!dougal

Installed DX2 - into a 128mb partition

Initial refusal to work with to Market.

This did resolve itself after a couple of re-boots with wifi off.

Symptoms: I could connect to Market but not download. The error message was to the effect that I had failed to login to GoogleTalk, and that I should ensure that I had chat enabled. (WTF?) I've never ever used gTalk with any rom, or done anything with any settings regarding it.

I'd synced Mail and Contacts, etc without issue.

Eventually it sorted itself out.

My mobile data coverage was only 2g for most of the time. Does it need actual 3g (not just mobile data) for initial connection?

No problems with screensave.

Or any other immediate issues.

ZTE's smartdialler is actually pretty good - I'd hate to see it pared off.

Running Market, wifi, browser, restoring backedup apps with Astro, I noticed that the battery went down pretty quickly ...

I then discovered that SetCPU seems to run all right and change cpu speed. (It got its su privileges just fine.)

600 is the max available, BUT notably it will underclock to 122 - which must help further reduce standby consumption.

And putting reduced maximum speeds as the battery drops (as profiles) is another way of 'stretching' the bottom of the tank.

Edited by oh!dougal

It means my phone "sleep" with the wifi ON, and of course it will drain more battery. But if I set up: "wifi sleep when screen off" , the wifi sleep when screen OFF, and I still can wake up with menu button...I could not found any weird app running in the background...and is's so cool ;)

As bhf said, if you can wake (turn on screen) with the menu button, then your phone is not 'sleeping', only the screen is going off.

The previous wifi problems related to when the phone sleeps not just when the screen is off.

Also be aware that the phone also doesn't sleep when charging, so again will always 'wake' with menu.

Unless Seb has added wake on Menu.... (and kept it quiet).

Edited by wadgel

Guest BillBong

If I want to do a TPT install of this ROM, is this the best way to do it:

1) Do a TPT install from an image file for one of the other froyo ROMS so that the partions etc get set

2) Install the de-crossed over this through clockwork?

Also just a few questions,

a) are the operator names in this "fixed" to show the proper European names or will it show Telefonica O2 instead of O2?

;) can I take out/put in apks in the zip before installing with Clockwork or will this screw it up?

c) is it worth keeping an EXT partition - does this do anything on Froyo?

d) are any of the Frankish themes compatible with this release?

It's hard to keep up with all the new ROMS. I was about to take the plunge with JJ9 and now this came out!