Advent Vega kernel source code now available!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ejtagle

Scanno, what you are seeing regarding audio recall on my head something... No left channel, just right channel initialized... I am trying to remember ... During the development of the 2.6.39 , when i ported the codec from 2.6.36, u had exactly the same issues ... Took a lot of time to figure out... I seem to recall that the alc5624 has the bad habit of requiring sound (silence works ok( to be able to access its internal codec registers (the ones used to program the chip)... Perhaps the problem lies exactly there... The newer rel15r7 shuts down the clock when it is not actively outputting sound... Well, if that is the problem, i think i know how to fix it :) -- Will post an attempt a bit later :)

Guest ejtagle

BTW, in vega_postboot.sh, we have:

##########################################################################

# Misc Filesystem permissions

chmod -R 755 /system/bin

chmod 6755 /system/bin/su

chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su

chmod -R 755 /system/etc

chown 1010 /system/etc/wifi

chgrp 1010 /system/etc/wifi

chmod 777 /system/etc/wifi

chmod 755 /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

chmod 777 /data/misc/wifi

touch /data/misc/wifi/ipconfig.txt

chmod 777 /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

chmod 6755 /system/bin/pppd

#########################################################################

I have no problems storing wifi configuration...

Guest Scanno

@all,

I have combined everything and put it on github.

If you do a

repo init -u git://github.com/scanno/android.git -b jb

You should get eveything downloaded and ready to build:

- Lunch target

- AOSP 4.1.1_r3

- patched frameworks/base

- patched frameworks/av

- patched external/wpa_supplicant8

- patched hardware/libhardware_legacy

- hardware/atheros_

- patched system/netd

Guest Scanno

BTW, in vega_postboot.sh, we have:

##########################################################################

# Misc Filesystem permissions

chmod -R 755 /system/bin

chmod 6755 /system/bin/su

chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su

chmod -R 755 /system/etc

chown 1010 /system/etc/wifi

chgrp 1010 /system/etc/wifi

chmod 777 /system/etc/wifi

chmod 755 /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

chmod 777 /data/misc/wifi

touch /data/misc/wifi/ipconfig.txt

chmod 777 /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

chmod 6755 /system/bin/pppd

#########################################################################

I have no problems storing wifi configuration...

Strange.. I looked at the permissions and they look as above. So what is the difference between your setup and brucelee666 and mine. It can be two things then:

- ramdisk difference (init.rc / init,harmony.rc)

- i did something wrong in wpa_supplicant patching.

Eduardo if you want me to check / test something regarding the audio, let me know.

Oh in the lunch target i put on github, i have included the latest gapps that i found. They are for JellyBean.

I must say that including the gapps we are getting so close to the limit of the /system partition. If you want to include user data for Google Now cards we are 30 MiB short (uncompressed).

Edited by Scanno

Guest ejtagle

Well, i managed to make audio input work. It was a bug of our audio_hw.c , But, also required modifications to the kernel audio ...

I have found that JB is more restrictive relating to permissions... Instead of including our own wpa_supplicant.conf, we could try letting AOSP create one for us..

Guest brucelee666

Scanno,

Got it to save wifi connection, but need to figure out which change I made it was that fixed it - will get the info pulled together and edit this post in a little while with details.

edit - ok try changing the following in vega_postboot.sh:-

change - chmod 755 /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf to chmod 777 /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

remove - touch /data/misc/wifi/ipconfig.txt (system will create this)

Change them then flash a new system.img and create you wifi connection, should connect, turn tablet off/on the wifi connection should still be on list when you go into settings and will automatically reconnect.

If you want to use the image you are using edit the vega_postboot.sh, goto /data/misc/wifi and remove ipconfig.txt, then switch off/on to reset everything then as above enter wifi-p/off-p/on-will reconnect.

edit - thanks for looking into the power menu and posting the fix for it saves me time getting round to doing it myslef

Edited by brucelee666

Guest Scanno

@brucelee666

Thanks, working now.

@ejtagle,

Great that you made it work. Seems we are getting closer and closer.

@All,

In portrait mode the screen offset is incorrect. The launcher (default and apex) are showing half way of the screen. Same for the settings. I know i can change that somewhere in xml files. Anybody have an idea where i can change them? Wallpaper is showing correct.

Edited by Scanno

Guest Daedric1383

change - chmod 755 /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf to chmod 777 /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

brucelee666, perhaps we should try to find out which linux user writes wpa_supplicant.conf. Having that file world writable/executable is kinky :)

Also, on ICS, that file is root:root 644 .

Does this make any sense ?

Guest brucelee666

brucelee666, perhaps we should try to find out which linux user writes wpa_supplicant.conf. Having that file world writable/executable is kinky :)

Also, on ICS, that file is root:root 644 .

Does this make any sense ?

Daedric1383,

I did not say that was the final or best option just that at 1am and while trying to watch ufc I found a fix, how about wifi:wifi 644 is that less kinky ? ;)

Scanno,

change - chmod 777 /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf to chmod 644 /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

add under it - chown wifi:wifi /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

Guest ejtagle

Strange.. I looked at the permissions and they look as above. So what is the difference between your setup and brucelee666 and mine. It can be two things then:

- ramdisk difference (init.rc / init,harmony.rc)

- i did something wrong in wpa_supplicant patching.

Eduardo if you want me to check / test something regarding the audio, let me know.

Oh in the lunch target i put on github, i have included the latest gapps that i found. They are for JellyBean.

I must say that including the gapps we are getting so close to the limit of the /system partition. If you want to include user data for Google Now cards we are 30 MiB short (uncompressed).

I am a firm believer on compression. Everything that is assumed not to change will have to be sent through squashfs. The P10an01 has very limited internal storage capabilities, and that is the only way to go... If needed, we can repartition the device, it-s not hard, but forces to use nvflash to update things...

Guest Scanno

I am a firm believer on compression. Everything that is assumed not to change will have to be sent through squashfs. The P10an01 has very limited internal storage capabilities, and that is the only way to go... If needed, we can repartition the device, it-s not hard, but forces to use nvflash to update things...

Yes squashfs is the way to go. Sadly everything is already compressed. My last install was 149 MiB in /system :unsure: This is with /system/app, /system/fonts, /system/lib, /system/usr compressed...

Anyway at the moment it will fit not using the Google Now Cards.

You mentioned you had a solution for the not working input. Perhaps i missed something, but did you post the solution somewhere or is it not ready for use yet?

Guest richardmlea

Hi scanno, bruce, eduauro

can I make a request while you are talking about compression and partition layouts?

Would it be too much trouble to make a second "fat version" of any future rom with slightly bigger system and boot partitions to accommodated tablets with bad nand? I think we had this in the past with honeyice.

I ask because for me RC2 is great and perfectly stable until I install too many app's. If I keep the tablet lean and only install essential apps then I have no problems. No bad nand are detected with "grep bad" from terminal. As I add more apps in small batches grep bad starts to show bad blocks. I have at least 14 bad blocks, in 2 clusters. Everything seem to seems to work fine after installing and I have still have about 80mb free on system partition. I reboot and them nothing, Black screen not boot logo's. adb tells me "- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -"

I am assuming the squashed system partition is being moved around on the nand at some point during installing apps and is corrupted because it is written somewhere that has previously undiscovered bad blocks.

I am just guessing though.

edit. scanno, please dont read this as a criticism. I have installed RC2 on 2 other tablet belonging to my sisters and I they are both really pleased and have not had so much as a reboot or any problems connecting to wifi. They have a dodgy router that required rebooting (the router) every time with a lot of roms including beta 2, RC2 reconnects without missing a beat. A donation on its was now on behalf of my sisters.

Edited by richardmlea

Guest brucelee666

Yes squashfs is the way to go. Sadly everything is already compressed. My last install was 149 MiB in /system :unsure: This is with /system/app, /system/fonts, /system/lib, /system/usr compressed...

Anyway at the moment it will fit not using the Google Now Cards.

You mentioned you had a solution for the not working input. Perhaps i missed something, but did you post the solution somewhere or is it not ready for use yet?

Scanno,

I don't know if you tried it but instead of squashfs default option try "squashfs -comp xz" you will get greater compression but could cause other issues that will need testing to see if it does - I have a full r1 system build with all gapps and it takes 147,525,632bytes (had to remove things like live wallpapers and all ringtones as I don't need them).

May not work out ideal but may be worth a test as long as you built xz into kernel and have compiled xz into mksquashfs then your ready to give it a try just re mksquashfs adding the -comp xz to your command.

edit - re Eduardos comment about not working input I think he meant the new touchscreen driver he added to his kernel patch v2 posted on the 21/07 but I could be mistaken.

Edited by brucelee666

Guest ejtagle

Still working on audio input... Had to redo some parts of the audio driver, otherwise, it just does not work (or even worse, it crashes! ..) .. Hopefully this time it will work :) ...And trying to address the skype audio not working ... The problem was that skype wants to capture at 8khz, while playing back at 44100hz. That is unsupported by hw. So, a workaround in sw had to be implemented to downsample audio..

Edited by ejtagle

Guest Michael_llewellyn

I'm having problems compiling the wlan module. I added #include <linux/sched.h> but now I'm faced with a new, possibly similar, error

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host' mkdir --parents /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/.output/tegra-sdio/image mkdir --parents /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/.output/bin make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/home/michael/armtoolchain/arm-2012.03/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi- -C /home/michael/scannogit/rel-15r7/ ATH_HIF_TYPE=`echo sdio | tr [:upper:] [:lower:]` SUBDIRS=/home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux modules make[2]: Entering directory `/home/michael/scannogit/rel-15r7' CC [M] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../hif/sdio/linux_sdio/src/hif.o CC [M] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../htc2/AR6000/ar6k.o CC [M] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../htc2/AR6000/ar6k_events.o CC [M] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../htc2/htc_send.o CC [M] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../htc2/htc_recv.o CC [M] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../htc2/htc_services.o CC [M] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../htc2/htc.o CC [M] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../bmi/src/bmi.o CC [M] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.o /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:1117:1: error: unknown type name 'irqreturn_t' /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_wow_irq': /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:1124:12: error: 'IRQ_HANDLED' undeclared (first use in this function) /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:1124:12: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_pm_probe': /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:1132:9: error: implicit declaration of function 'request_irq' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:1133:25: error: 'IRQF_SHARED' undeclared (first use in this function) /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:1133:39: error: 'IRQF_TRIGGER_RISING' undeclared (first use in this function) /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:1137:13: error: implicit declaration of function 'enable_irq_wake' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_pm_remove': /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:1149:9: error: implicit declaration of function 'disable_irq_wake' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:1153:9: error: implicit declaration of function 'free_irq' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'deliver_frames_to_nw_stack': /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:3904:13: error: implicit declaration of function 'in_interrupt' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_get_iwstats': /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:3989:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'in_atomic' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration] cc1: some warnings being treated as errors make[3]: *** [/home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.o] Error 1 make[2]: *** [_module_/home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/michael/scannogit/rel-15r7' make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host' make: *** [.subdirs] Error 2

Any thoughts?

Guest brucelee666

I'm having problems compiling the wlan module. I added #include <linux/sched.h> but now I'm faced with a new, possibly similar, error

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host' mkdir --parents /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/.output/tegra-sdio/image mkdir --parents /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/.output/bin make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/home/michael/armtoolchain/arm-2012.03/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi- -C /home/michael/scannogit/rel-15r7/ ATH_HIF_TYPE=`echo sdio | tr [:upper:] [:lower:]` SUBDIRS=/home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux modules make[2]: Entering directory `/home/michael/scannogit/rel-15r7' CC [M] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../hif/sdio/linux_sdio/src/hif.o CC [M] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../htc2/AR6000/ar6k.o CC [M] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../htc2/AR6000/ar6k_events.o CC [M] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../htc2/htc_send.o CC [M] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../htc2/htc_recv.o CC [M] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../htc2/htc_services.o CC [M] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../htc2/htc.o CC [M] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../bmi/src/bmi.o CC [M] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.o /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:1117:1: error: unknown type name 'irqreturn_t' /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_wow_irq': /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:1124:12: error: 'IRQ_HANDLED' undeclared (first use in this function) /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:1124:12: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_pm_probe': /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:1132:9: error: implicit declaration of function 'request_irq' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:1133:25: error: 'IRQF_SHARED' undeclared (first use in this function) /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:1133:39: error: 'IRQF_TRIGGER_RISING' undeclared (first use in this function) /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:1137:13: error: implicit declaration of function 'enable_irq_wake' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_pm_remove': /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:1149:9: error: implicit declaration of function 'disable_irq_wake' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:1153:9: error: implicit declaration of function 'free_irq' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'deliver_frames_to_nw_stack': /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:3904:13: error: implicit declaration of function 'in_interrupt' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration] /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_get_iwstats': /home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:3989:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'in_atomic' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration] cc1: some warnings being treated as errors make[3]: *** [/home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.o] Error 1 make[2]: *** [_module_/home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/michael/scannogit/rel-15r7' make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/michael/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host' make: *** [.subdirs] Error 2

Any thoughts?

You need to add "#include <linux/interrupt.h>" under the sched.h line you already added to "ar6000_drv.h" file, hopefully that fixes it.

Guest Michael_llewellyn

You need to add "#include <linux/interrupt.h>" under the sched.h line you already added to "ar6000_drv.h" file, hopefully that fixes it.

Thanks that worked.

Guest ejtagle

Well, posting a nearly new audio_hw.c (the android lunch audio driver)... that is based on the one i am actually using for N10. It works pretty well, allows audio input and output, has no glitches, and does not crash as it did the previous one.

I rewrote most of it, and ported the changes to the shuttle one. Hope it works...

Also attached updated kernel sources for the audio codec of the shuttle board, in the hope of fixing the initialization sequence of the audio codec (that is the cause of the problems we are having, output to just one channel, no output at initialization ... Please, post dmesgs of kernel if it does not work ;)

rel-15r7-22jul.rar

audio.rar

Guest foxsen

Also included an slight tweak to the touchscreen driver. If at some point it detects that the touchscreen driver has died, it resets it and reinits it. It can even power it down and up. Hopefully this will fix the remaining touchscreen "locks"...

Sorry for not telling about the exact audio capture problem cause... I simply had no time :(

edit1: Reuploaded the patch with a small improvement in the touchscreen driver. I was forgetting to reenable interrupts after the touchscreen reset when the driver tries to recover it when it detects it has died..

Eduardo, I have tried your touchscreen patch and it does not fix my problem.

After more investigation, I find a simple way to hit the problem and know more about the status:

1, If i keep press on the screen during the driver loading time, the touchscreen will almost surely dead. (the problem is not reproduced with shuttle test rom). Even if I built the driver as a module, and press on the touchscreen during insmod, it will die.

2, when the touchscreen dies(i.e. lost reponse or behave strange to user), the driver is normally in a state with endless interrupts, instead of no reponse. The "no acknowledge" seems to be not fatal. An example out is:

<6>[ 9698.565179] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:153, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.570509] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:849, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.575827] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9698.580844] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9698.583946] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9698.588289] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:152, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.593665] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:849, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.598955] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9698.604005] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9698.607149] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9698.611526] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:153, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.616908] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:848, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.622251] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9698.627266] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9698.630356] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9698.634709] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:153, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.640072] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:849, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.645378] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9698.650393] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9698.653580] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9698.657925] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:152, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.663321] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:848, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.668637] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9698.673691] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9698.676837] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9698.681218] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:152, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.686594] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:849, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.691901] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9698.696919] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9698.700011] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9698.704363] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:153, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.709727] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:848, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.715051] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9698.720018] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9698.723243] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9698.727610] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:152, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.732952] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:849, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.738247] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9698.743211] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9698.746373] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9698.750714] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:153, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.756016] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:849, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.761376] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9698.766336] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9698.769482] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9698.773857] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:153, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.779171] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:849, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.784577] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9698.789546] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9698.792722] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9698.797141] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:153, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.802447] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:849, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.807811] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9698.812772] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9698.815864] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9698.820275] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:153, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.825578] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:849, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.830937] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9698.835915] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9698.839062] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9698.843510] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:152, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.848823] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:849, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.854240] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9698.859188] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9698.862280] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9698.866699] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:153, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.872011] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:848, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.877379] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9698.882339] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9698.885419] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9698.889839] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:153, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.895163] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:849, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.900479] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9698.905534] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9698.908683] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9698.913074] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:152, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.918441] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:849, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.923750] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9698.928767] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9698.931857] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9698.936198] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:153, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.941572] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:848, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.946863] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9698.951906] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9698.955049] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9698.959410] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:153, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.964803] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:849, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.970131] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9698.975166] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9698.978258] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9698.982611] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:153, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.987976] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:848, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9698.993281] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9698.998301] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9699.001379] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9699.005752] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:152, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9699.011142] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:849, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9699.016475] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9699.021525] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9699.024692] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9699.029040] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:152, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9699.034420] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:848, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9699.039711] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9699.044668] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9699.047829] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9699.052182] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:152, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9699.057549] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:848, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9699.062874] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9699.067843] 7260 irq 0

<6>[ 9699.071055] it7260 4-0046: processed points:

<6>[ 9699.075429] it7260 4-0046: [0] - X:673, Y:152, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9699.080757] it7260 4-0046: [1] - X:849, Y:302, P:8, V:1

<6>[ 9699.086139] it7260 4-0046: [2] - X:0, Y:0, P:0, V:0

<4>[ 9699.091085] 7260 irq 0

It looks like a firmware bug, some internal queue overflow? But even so it is strange suspend/resume does not recover it, for the driver will reset it7260 during resume

Edited by foxsen

Guest Scanno
Well, posting a nearly new audio_hw.c (the android lunch audio driver)... that is based on the one i am actually using for N10. It works pretty well, allows audio input and output, has no glitches, and does not crash as it did the previous one.

I rewrote most of it, and ported the changes to the shuttle one. Hope it works...

Also attached updated kernel sources for the audio codec of the shuttle board, in the hope of fixing the initialization sequence of the audio codec (that is the cause of the problems we are having, output to just one channel, no output at initialization ... Please, post dmesgs of kernel if it does not work ;)

At first try the kernel did not boot. But did not have time to investigate further. Will try later on

Guest ejtagle

Scanno: Maybe i have broken something. The only changes i did were to the audio subsystem (/sound) ... I think that the only way for me to debug it will be to try it in actual hw. I was trying to avoid that, as the p10an01 i have is being used by lots of people here and i need to find a way to do a backup not only of the installed programs, but also on the data used by those programs ... They would "kill" me if i lose their personal gaming records ;) ... You know what i mean :) ..

Guest Scanno
Scanno: Maybe i have broken something. The only changes i did were to the audio subsystem (/sound) ... I think that the only way for me to debug it will be to try it in actual hw. I was trying to avoid that, as the p10an01 i have is being used by lots of people here and i need to find a way to do a backup not only of the installed programs, but also on the data used by those programs ... They would "kill" me if i lose their personal gaming records ;) ... You know what i mean :) ..

As i said i did not have had time yet to investigate... i will start from a clean rel-15r7 and first apply the patches i had before and then the sound parts of your latest patch... i was a bit stupid as flashed the kernel instead of trying through fastboot first.. so i had to nvflash back.

I was thinking a bit... Do you think this can be realised:

On a fat partition create a file. Within the file create a ext2/3/4 partition and remount /data as soon as possible (at kernel init time?)

I know this can be done on linux, well google is doing that on android also, with their implementation of apps on sd.

edit:

Titanium backup also copies the settings/userdata and restores them from most apps

Edit 2:

What about a nandroid backup through recovery?

Edited by Scanno

Guest Michael_llewellyn

The android3.1 kernel works beautifully with linux... I know it first hand, as that is exactly what i use to develop new kernel ports.. I created a busybox ramdisk that enables fbcon and sets USB to host, then plug an USB keyboard and i have an small linux box working. Don't forget to enable fbcon ;) .. And you must pass the same command line that is being passed when android boots the kernel, otherwise USB host will not work

do you mean I need to include 'usbcore.old_scheme_first=1' or is there more options I am missing? Is there a way of switching usb host on the fly after the system has booted?

Guest ejtagle

As i said i did not have had time yet to investigate... i will start from a clean rel-15r7 and first apply the patches i had before and then the sound parts of your latest patch... i was a bit stupid as flashed the kernel instead of trying through fastboot first.. so i had to nvflash back.

I was thinking a bit... Do you think this can be realised:

On a fat partition create a file. Within the file create a ext2/3/4 partition and remount /data as soon as possible (at kernel init time?)

I know this can be done on linux, well google is doing that on android also, with their implementation of apps on sd.

edit:

Titanium backup also copies the settings/userdata and restores them from most apps

Edit 2:

What about a nandroid backup through recovery?

The mounting can be done at the ramdisk (init.rc) time... There is no expected partition layout on the Android framework side. The only things expected are that we must get the same filesystem structure (folders) ... I , sometime, thought on the idea to have just ONE big partition , only one, and throw everything in there. That would probably help alot on the bad nand block issues, as it allows the yaffs2 filesystem to find replacement blocks from nearly everywhere in the nand chip. Remember that yaffs2 can´t take good blocks from a different partition than the one a bad block was found...