09/Feb r8 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Advent Vega with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest thedicemaster

fixed my earlier touchscreen and search problems by re-installing mcr7 with the extra search-box included, but i did stumble on a different problem:

USB mice no longer work.

i tried with both my microsoft ARC mouse, and my Lenovo N5901 mini keyboard/mouse combo but neither of them show a mouse cursor and any input is ignored.

USB keyboards still work though.

Guest carl rose

Beautiful. Thanks very much for this Paul. Lightning quick without any signs of screen corruption. Amazing, I had swapped the wpa_supplicant and installed R6 on top of the 1.08 update and usb switcher R3. Everything was there including my apps and screen layout, only 2 things I had to install were the wpa_supplicant and flash.

Update; There is one thing I have been meaning to ask but keep forgetting, why do you guys think that the backlight goes off when there is something wrong. I mean like taking the usb pen drive out when ifile or any other program is still using it. It could just reboot but it sort of resprings but with the backlight off? Is this fixable?

Thanks in advance

Edited by carl rose

Hi,

Has anyone else experienced problems with moving applications to the SD card?

When I try moving application to SD card (from Settings->Applications->Manage Applications), I get error:

"Failed to move application. There is not enough storage left."

If I move application which is on SD card to device, then I am able to move it back. If I move one application from SD to device and try moving another (smaller) to SD I get the same error.

I upgraded to r7 from 1.06.5 MCR r6 MCK r2 using CWM method. Had no problems with movind apps to SD runing old software.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eriks

Guest BuzzGuzz

Was getting cocky when I was pushing the bake onto my Vega and it started streaming away. Then it stops.

Currently telling me its:

Creating Symlinks.... and it's been like that for 20 minutes now.

Any advice?

Using Windows Vista.

EDIT: Fixed, just closed the DOS window and restarted the bat file, ran straight through in seconds.

Edited by BuzzGuzz

Guest agamston

Hey,

I think iv just managed to update to this new MOD and all does seem alot smoother, however

I have noticed that my EC version is 0.0.0 as opposed to 1.7.2 which is visable on Pauls screan shot...is this a problem and have i done something wrong???

any info would be much appreciated ;)

Hey,

I think iv just managed to update to this new MOD and all does seem alot smoother, however

I have noticed that my EC version is 0.0.0 as opposed to 1.7.2 which is visable on Pauls screan shot...is this a problem and have i done something wrong???

any info would be much appreciated ;)

my ec is 1.0.0

not sure if anything what this signifies

Unfortunately I have to put that in my topics to manage expectations! I don't want people signing up to Ad-Free / Plus on the assumption they will receive future updates, that's not what it's for and it's caused some friction previously.

re: honeycomb, we'll see when the time comes! ;)

P

I bought an ad-free acount and i can't get this update!!!

Edited by topitu

Guest Sir Gash
+1

I also can't install to my sd for same reason

Happens to me too, however, I had this issue on 1.06.5 with the old kernel so it may not be related to r7. Strangely, I can sometimes move a 2MB app without problem but then a 100KB app will not move to SD. Also, sometimes retrying several times I am able to do it.

Maybe there is something wrong with the cache partition on the Vega? Not sure what else it could be, I usually have between 35MB-50MB free internal storage space.

Firstly "Thanks for the Update" !!

Well I managed the above, however it took a few Youtube vids to assist. On that note, I am very much a newbie after purchasing the Vega for my lad.

Would appreciate, maybe just a quick reply if possible from anyone on the following :

I have flash updated, as I am able to play Iplayer online, however would appreciate the ability to play Divx online?

I have just downloaded a new Wallpaper....How do I change it?.

and finally I have a Usb 16gb drive, how do I access it?..

Possibly all simple answers to possibly very basic questions..

Learning more and more as I go along!!

Big THANKS!! in advance..

Guest Dunetails

Ok, I've tried installing this ROM maybe 8 times now, and it keeps failing. The install fails due to lack of space and then I get a boot loop.

I can recover it by flashing the 1.08 official ROM and I've tried baking r7 with as few elements as possible in the hopes the ROM will fit.

My Vega is brand new with 1.08 installed (arrived today!)

This is the output in my terminal if anyone has any ideas:

remount succeeded

1279 KB/s (768320 bytes in 0.586s)

- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: Permission denied (13) -

Waiting for device...

Copying new files...

push: files/system/media/audio/ringtones/Bollywood.ogg -> /system/media/audio/ringtones/Bollywood.ogg

push: files/system/lib/libnvmm_vp6_video.so -> /system/lib/libnvmm_vp6_video.so

push: files/system/lib/libsonivox.so -> /system/lib/libsonivox.so

failed to copy 'files/system/lib/libsonivox.so' to '/system/lib/libsonivox.so': No space left on device

Creating Symlinks...

Setting permissions...

Flashing boot image...

Done, rebooting...

Edited by Dunetails

Guest JingleManSweep

Just a quick thanks to Paul for all his hard work on the r7 release. Just installed it on my Vega and it is total bliss.

Thanks mate, you will continue to get my continued financial support (MoDaCo subscriptions) for years to come.

Have a beer, cider, whiskey (or whatever your tipple is) on me!

Louis

Having problems here.

Says Android ADB interface

This device cannot start (code10)

plus i cant get the vega into debugging mode. I tried to update the driver from the kitchen but now my head hurts. Must add that i went to software tool on device and erased all settings, so basically back to stock again.

Might have some beers now and get back to it tomorrow ;) ;)

Edit: When i try to update the driver says 'make sure it is designed to work with windows 32-bit system. If that helps

Edited by Ste_B

Guest crockwit
Happens to me too, however, I had this issue on 1.06.5 with the old kernel so it may not be related to r7. Strangely, I can sometimes move a 2MB app without problem but then a 100KB app will not move to SD. Also, sometimes retrying several times I am able to do it.

Maybe there is something wrong with the cache partition on the Vega? Not sure what else it could be, I usually have between 35MB-50MB free internal storage space.

I have had this problem with other releases. My theory is that if the app has previously been moved to the SD card the next time you try move it finds the previous copy

and fails to move. If you re-press the move to SD card button it will move the app to the card. I have not found any apps that fail to move after the second attempt. I do not think this is anything to do with the r7 release.

Guest Dunetails
Dunetails - Have you tried putting on 1.06.5 and running the install from there?

G

No, not yet, trying to find a copy. In the meantime I'm trying to run the ROM install from Windows instead.

UPDATE: same result on 1.06 sadly.

UPDATE 2: Flashed the ROM from a Windows machine and it worked perfectly. My problem was clearly something specific to Linux.

Edited by Dunetails

Guest Nemes1s

Now upgraded to MCR7, Quadrant rating on MCR6 including PP was 1990, MCR7 rating is 2303! Very pleased indeed :D

Also I seem to be able to move apps to SD no problem.

Paul, you're the man ;) ....... now if you were just to add Honeycomb when it is available .... ;)