04/Feb Fr1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi there,

Great ROM so far... flashed it today.. and love the changes.. very nice!

I'm using the BELL Galaxy TAB, unlocked...

I had issues when it rebooted after the flash (i used CWM to flash the new rom in), and it wouldn't come up... so i ended up flashing the original CF-Root back on once i could get into download mode again (as i couldn't get into the cwm recovery options)... once i did that i reflashed in CWM, and this time it came up fine.

I have a couple of concerns though.

1. When turning on the tab, in the first few seconds, the screen shows the "galaxy tab" logo, then the screen turns into a screen with grey and white (like a tv when there's no cable set up) for a second, then the galaxy tab comes back fine.

2. I am having issues with bluetooth... i can't for some reason pair with my bluetooth headset or keyboard...

I did a Titanium restore, and i don't recall if i did any bluetooth restore (and don't believe i did as i only restored user apps+data).

Thanks!

Edited by ordio

Guest hogwildmy

Paul or anyone

I just attempted to flash the latest R1 ROM and I am stuck at the "Galaxy Tab Samsung Screen" can anyone tell me what to do. I cannot seem to get it to do anything else. I am using a Galaxy Tab that I purchased in Malaysia. I have the Modaco kernal installed and I had (or think I had) beta 7 installed prior to this.

Update: Somehow I managed to get it back to screen that Odin can access. I am still trying to get it to connect so Odin can see it though.

Odin is now connected. I don't want to do anything though until somebody gives me an idea of what I should do..

Well I probably completely hosed myself now. I went ahead and tried to reinstall the kernal hoping that would get me to the clockwork recovery screen and I could do something. The connection light is yell but It seems to be stuck in the middle now.

<ID:0/006> Added!!

<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..

<ID:0/006> File analysis..

<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..

Ok, I finally got Odin to work. I was trying to load up a bad file. I am now back at clockwork. I will see if I an flash the rom.

Well I managed to reflash the rom but now I am stuck on the SAMSUNG logo page. It just seems to loop and buzz. I can get it back into the screen for Odin but reinstalling the kernal does not seem to help. It still loops back on Samsung.

I can connect with ADB and issue a command such as reboot.

Managed to get back to clockwork and reload my backup. PHew..... I thought i was in real trouble for about an hour there.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by hogwildmy

Guest antiochasylum
People with camera fail.. What LCD density you use? Do you remember, that our camera don't work with 180 and less?

The lowest LCDD you can go is 182 for the camera to still work. I have tried it numerous times.

@Paul I know I have bugged you enough lol. However will we see the OC kernel since we are in the kitchen now? I cooked a rom with the bare minimum and my tab screams. Just curious if I can peg 2200 on quadrant, sitting at 1901 now after the r1 flash.

Thanks

Guest nmesisca
People with camera fail.. What LCD density you use? Do you remember, that our camera don't work with 180 and less?

Camera Fails with default LCD density. never touched it!

Guest clockwork_LS
The lowest LCDD you can go is 182 for the camera to still work. I have tried it numerous times.

@Paul I know I have bugged you enough lol. However will we see the OC kernel since we are in the kitchen now? I cooked a rom with the bare minimum and my tab screams. Just curious if I can peg 2200 on quadrant, sitting at 1901 now after the r1 flash.

Thanks

i got 1955 once in the beta 5, but the highest i get now is slightly over 1700 with r1 (even after a total wipe), what did you put in the rom to get it to 1900? plus it looks like all the improvement in the rom is in I/O, is there going to be any improvement in CPU performance or is that not going to change unless i OC?

Guest ramboky

@Paul

This is great to see. Could you please check the PM I sent you a couple of days ago about my MoDaCo Plus subscription - I'm keen to start using the kitchen but can't until that's resolved.

Thanks,

Stephen

Guest tikumo99

i got a kernel panic, upload mode.

a lot of apps FC'd.

kinda panicing myself now...

googling now

edit:

it restarts normal, just takes a lot of time

now back in the homescreen

Edit2:

I think it was just installing some tools or something like that.

Anyway scared the s*** out of me.

it all looks stable now, will test some quadrant and some games or something like that.

Edited by tikumo99

Guest roy8846
Very nice, feels all very smooth.

was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem as me, but the game "tank hero" has not worked since beta 1 and even after full wipes it force closes as soon as i hit the icon. its a really cool game and its a pity it dosent work at all.

I am having problems with FC's on CPS2HD , sure its compatilble with the Tab

Heres my logcat paul if you could have a look as its jibberish to me lol

I/ActivityManager( 2704): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.

MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.jrioni.cps2hd

/.cps2hd }

I/ActivityManager( 2704): Start proc com.jrioni.cps2hd for activity com.jrioni.c

ps2hd/.cps2hd: pid=7703 uid=10066 gids={1015, 3003, 3002}

I/Zygote ( 7703): Zygote: pid 7703 has INTERNET permission, then set capability

for CAP_NET_RAW

E/WindowManager( 2704): Overwriting rotation value from 0

I/global ( 2704): Default buffer size used in BufferedInputStream constructor.

It would be better to be explicit if an 8k buffer is required.

D/dalvikvm( 7703): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 863 objects / 62056 bytes in 57ms

D/dalvikvm( 7703): No JNI_OnLoad found in /system/lib/libnative.so 0x48b34640, s

kipping init

W/dalvikvm( 7703): No implementation found for native Lcom/jrioni/cps2hd/Native;

.jr_validate (Ljava/lang/Object;ILjava/lang/Object;I)I

D/AndroidRuntime( 7703): Shutting down VM

W/dalvikvm( 7703): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4

001d7d0)

E/AndroidRuntime( 7703): FATAL EXCEPTION: main

E/AndroidRuntime( 7703): java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: jr_validate

E/AndroidRuntime( 7703): at com.jrioni.cps2hd.Native.jr_validate(Native M

ethod)

E/AndroidRuntime( 7703): at com.jrioni.cps2hd.cps2hd.onCreate(cps2hd.java

:268)

E/AndroidRuntime( 7703): at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCre

ate(Instrumentation.java:1047)

E/AndroidRuntime( 7703): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActiv

ity(ActivityThread.java:2627)

E/AndroidRuntime( 7703): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivi

ty(ActivityThread.java:2679)

E/AndroidRuntime( 7703): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2300(Activi

tyThread.java:125)

E/AndroidRuntime( 7703): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Ac

tivityThread.java:2033)

E/AndroidRuntime( 7703): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.ja

va:99)

E/AndroidRuntime( 7703): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)

E/AndroidRuntime( 7703): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThrea

d.java:4627)

E/AndroidRuntime( 7703): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native

Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 7703): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:5

21)

E/AndroidRuntime( 7703): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndA

rgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:858)

E/AndroidRuntime( 7703): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Zygot

eInit.java:616)

E/AndroidRuntime( 7703): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

W/ActivityManager( 2704): Force finishing activity com.jrioni.cps2hd/.cps2hd

I/ ( 2704): dumpmesg > "/data/log/dumpstate_app_error.log"

W/ActivityManager( 2704): Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{489aa1e0 com.

jrioni.cps2hd/.cps2hd}

E/WindowManager( 2704): Overwriting rotation value from 0

I/ActivityManager( 2704): No longer want com.android.alarmclock (pid 6238): hidd

en #16

W/PowerManagerService( 2704): Timer 0x7->0x3|0x0

I/PowerManagerService( 2704): Ulight 7->3|0

V/AlarmManager( 2704): set: Alarm{488a6d88 type 1 com.mippin.android.bw.m200464}

V/AlarmManager( 2704): set: Alarm{4888db68 type 1 com.mippin.android.bw.m200464}

I/PowerManagerService( 2704): Ulight 3->7|0

V/WindowManager( 2704): Delivering toWindow{48de0a30 Sorry! paused=false}

V/WindowManager( 2704): Delivering toWindow{48de0a30 Sorry! paused=false}

I/Process ( 7703): Sending signal. PID: 7703 SIG: 9

W/InputManagerService( 2704): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: co

m.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@489c9a20

I/ActivityManager( 2704): Process com.jrioni.cps2hd (pid 7703) has died.

W/ActivityManager( 2704): Activity destroy timeout for HistoryRecord{489aa1e0 co

m.jrioni.cps2hd/.cps2hd}

D/dalvikvm( 7271): GC_EXPLICIT freed 1231 objects / 78536 bytes in 27ms

W/PowerManagerService( 2704): Timer 0x7->0x3|0x0

I/PowerManagerService( 2704): Ulight 7->3|0

V/AlarmManager( 2704): set: Alarm{48ec0878 type 1 com.mippin.android.bw.m200464}

V/AlarmManager( 2704): set: Alarm{48e649c8 type 1 com.mippin.android.bw.m200464}

C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>

Guest antiochasylum
i got 1955 once in the beta 5, but the highest i get now is slightly over 1700 with r1 (even after a total wipe), what did you put in the rom to get it to 1900? plus it looks like all the improvement in the rom is in I/O, is there going to be any improvement in CPU performance or is that not going to change unless i OC?

A bare minimum rom, really. The only thing I think it has is Titanium backup aside from the google apps. No 3rd party, ereader or anything. Fresh reboot. Task manager clear the ram, estrongs task manager - kill all apps, ran it and hit 1651 then 1901 quadrant. Interactive setting on setcpu.

Guest nmesisca
re: Camera, you must not exclude Email from your bake! This will break Camera (I will remove the option)...

P

thanks for the tip Paul but my Email is there alive and working actually well

on push w/exchange (hotmail)

might try to do a factory reset tomorrow..

Hi there,

Great ROM so far... flashed it today.. and love the changes.. very nice!

I'm using the BELL Galaxy TAB, unlocked...

I had issues when it rebooted after the flash (i used CWM to flash the new rom in), and it wouldn't come up... so i ended up flashing the original CF-Root back on once i could get into download mode again (as i couldn't get into the cwm recovery options)... once i did that i reflashed in CWM, and this time it came up fine.

I have a couple of concerns though.

1. When turning on the tab, in the first few seconds, the screen shows the "galaxy tab" logo, then the screen turns into a screen with grey and white (like a tv when there's no cable set up) for a second, then the galaxy tab comes back fine.

2. I am having issues with bluetooth... i can't for some reason pair with my bluetooth headset or keyboard...

I did a Titanium restore, and i don't recall if i did any bluetooth restore (and don't believe i did as i only restored user apps+data).

Thanks!

I guess i didn't actually ask a question.. lol.

1. Paul, have you seen or heard of anything like that? If not, i can do a video capture of my tab when turning it on if it would help.

2. Have you or anyone had any problems with connecting blue tooth items? it pairs, but never connects (or loses the connection once pair mode is gone).

Thank you.

re: Camera, you must not exclude Email from your bake! This will break Camera (I will remove the option)...

P

Thanks, a rebake with stock email app included fixed the problem,camera works fine now.

Guest terminal 7

you know when you tap the picture of someones contact icon you get a popup with all the ways to connect to that person.

you also get the persons last facebook update.

well my ttab has got stuck with that feature and reads the persons facebook update from 6 days ago, probably when beta 5 was flashed..

facebook app and general facebook sync in settings is all upto date and working just fine so this problem seems very strange..

anyone any ideas ???

Ok, forgive my newbness here, but...

I rooted by T-Mobile Tab by using the ADB method (works fine)

I installed ROM Manager, then installed the Cloclworkmod Recovery via the manager (version 2.5.1.8)

When I reboot into recovery, I get the standard recovery menu. I then apply update.zip, and it takes me into CM.

I also inserted a 2Gb MicroSD card, with MoDaCo ROM on it.

Now, the problem is that I can't get the Tab to see the MicroSD card in CM - mounting ext_sd does nothing - the external_sd dir does not show my MicroSD card, and nandroid backup copies straight into the internal SD card, with no other options.

Can someone tell my what am I doing wrong here? My understanding was that I need to perform the Nandroid backup to the MicroSD card, then the ROM will do a full wipe and conversion to ext4 of the internal SD card)... But i don't know how to get to that point..

Thanks for any help!

Guest tikumo99
Ok, forgive my newbness here, but...

I rooted by T-Mobile Tab by using the ADB method (works fine)

I installed ROM Manager, then installed the Cloclworkmod Recovery via the manager (version 2.5.1.8)

When I reboot into recovery, I get the standard recovery menu. I then apply update.zip, and it takes me into CM.

I also inserted a 2Gb MicroSD card, with MoDaCo ROM on it.

Now, the problem is that I can't get the Tab to see the MicroSD card in CM - mounting ext_sd does nothing - the external_sd dir does not show my MicroSD card, and nandroid backup copies straight into the internal SD card, with no other options.

Can someone tell my what am I doing wrong here? My understanding was that I need to perform the Nandroid backup to the MicroSD card, then the ROM will do a full wipe and conversion to ext4 of the internal SD card)... But i don't know how to get to that point..

Thanks for any help!

you need to insert the update zip on the internal external sd :P so not your microsd..

i've tried to do that also but didn't work, not until i put in on the internal sd card.

Guest antiochasylum
Silly question - but how do I restart into recovery mode?

adb reboot recovery

Download quickboot form the market, select reboot recovery.

There is a reboot app that comes in the rom, select recovery from it.

Terminal emulator, SU (enter) reboot recovery (enter)

I guess i didn't actually ask a question.. lol.

1. Paul, have you seen or heard of anything like that? If not, i can do a video capture of my tab when turning it on if it would help.

2. Have you or anyone had any problems with connecting blue tooth items? it pairs, but never connects (or loses the connection once pair mode is gone).

Thank you.

Looks like i figured out the bluetooth problem...

Just did a factory reset.. all pairs fine now.