stable rom?

Guest den_breacker

Guest den_breacker

Hi,

I've owned the pulse for about a year, but recently I sold him to a friend.

Since then, i didn't follow this forum anymore, So I'm not up to date with the pulse-rom's.

My friend (who bought the Pulse) now had some problems receiving text messages, so he asked me what to do.

Which rom is the stablest en safest I can put on the Pulse right know?

Because my friend is quite a noob, so I want to give him a bug-less phone.

So, which rom and is SWAP necessary?

thanks in advance!

but it works without bugs and is noob proof. Else the 2.1 uk update.

Other people told me that they can't confirm lost texts with T-Mobile DE 2.1. You can try it. It's not easy to confirm the lost text bug, so maybe this ROM also contains the bug.

Other people told me that they can't confirm lost texts with T-Mobile DE 2.1. You can try it. It's not easy to confirm the lost text bug, so maybe this ROM also contains the bug.

There's the rub. Every rom has its positives and negatives.

I agree that the most "stable" was stock 1.5. Ever since moving on, I've had to find workarounds for the different problems of whichever rom I was using. But once you know what the problems are, it's easier to work around them. :P

Tough call for setting up a phone for someone else. I don't know what I'd recommend to a friend. I suppose it depends on the friend, what they can and can't handle.

(Off the record: I recommended an iPhone to one of my friends in the past; there was no way I wanted to have to provide the ongoing tech support they would have needed to use an Android phone at that time.)

Guest den_breacker
There's the rub. Every rom has its positives and negatives.

I agree that the most "stable" was stock 1.5. Ever since moving on, I've had to find workarounds for the different problems of whichever rom I was using. But once you know what the problems are, it's easier to work around them. :P

Tough call for setting up a phone for someone else. I don't know what I'd recommend to a friend. I suppose it depends on the friend, what they can and can't handle.

(Off the record: I recommended an iPhone to one of my friends in the past; there was no way I wanted to have to provide the ongoing tech support they would have needed to use an Android phone at that time.)

hmm, maybe 1.5 is indeed the way to go. Because I think he can't handle that much :-)

Guest jimmie32

I never experienced lost texts or anything, even with 2.1. Always had a stable free RAM at about 90MiB or so.

2.1 is a little slow sometimes and there are some occasional force quits and so, and sometimes it can get slow enough to make you throw your phone over the window (but that's just in extreme cases). If you want to use the phone peacefully and don't want to risk things, then stock 1.5 is the best.

Just my opinion. I'm new here anyway, haha.

(Side note: I am using the 2.1 ROM by Paul & BigBearMDC. Or atleast, I used to. I'm happy with my 2.2 CM6 right now :P )

Guest rulerofkaos
Always had a stable free RAM at about 90MiB or so.

This cannot be, the pulse has just 110 MB available, the rest of the 192MB is used for the telephone chipset etc...

Guest jimmie32

Perhaps because I'm on a special model or something. It does say U8220 in the sticker under the battery.

Got it from a friend who works in Huawei though, so I'm not sure if it's a prototype/internal model. Probably I'm lucky. :P

Side note, I checked the system info, total RAM is 225 MiB, free memory is around 148 MiB right now. Strange, maybe?

Running 2.2, CM61-0.40. Flashed it in just a couple hours ago.

Anyways, stock 1.5 if you want to stay calm, 2.1 if you want to risk for a better Android, or 2.2 if you want some craziness. But since OP asked for stable, stock 1.5 all the way.

Guest AntonioPT
Perhaps because I'm on a special model or something. It does say U8220 in the sticker under the battery.

Got it from a friend who works in Huawei though, so I'm not sure if it's a prototype/internal model. Probably I'm lucky. :P

Side note, I checked the system info, total RAM is 225 MiB, free memory is around 148 MiB right now. Strange, maybe?

Running 2.2, CM61-0.40. Flashed it in just a couple hours ago.

Anyways, stock 1.5 if you want to stay calm, 2.1 if you want to risk for a better Android, or 2.2 if you want some craziness. But since OP asked for stable, stock 1.5 all the way.

There are some U8220 with bigger ram chips (256MB, like in U8230).

Guest den_breacker

I flashed FLB 1.7 and installed Swapper2 for some extra memory.

Hopefully he doesn't get problems anymore...

If there still would be some problems, i'll give him 1.5.