Android browser bug - For info only

Guest trevor432990

Guest trevor432990

Just a quick heads-up for those people like me new to Android there is a bug in most (if not all) browsers on these devices which prevents websites which use frames in their structure from being viewed. When you visit such a site like this one you will find you are unable to scroll the page.

If anyone knows a way around this would love to know? :P

Edited by trevor432990

Guest trevor432990
Just zoom the page a little and it will scroll.

Hmm that simple eh I'll try to remember that in future :P

Just tried that on the example page I gave but still can't get to the bottom of the page or is it just me? Using Dolphin HD by the way.

Edited by trevor432990

Hmm that simple eh I'll try to remember that in future :P

Just tried that on the example page I gave but still can't get to the bottom of the page or is it just me?

Ive found this happen on several pages, is there a decent browser alternative?

Sent from my Vega! :D

Hi seems to work fine for me, i can scroll from top to bottom with no problems on your link. Using dolphin hd. Sorry i dont know why it works for me and not yourself. Has it loaded the page fully first, my wifi can stop me scrolling sometimes until it does.

Guest trevor432990
Hi seems to work fine for me, i can scroll from top to bottom with no problems on your link. Using dolphin hd. Sorry i dont know why it works for me and not yourself. Has it loaded the page fully first, my wifi can stop me scrolling sometimes until it does.

Interesting ... I realize it is a BIG frame because when I view it on my PC the side bar shows it contains a lot of data but Dolphin HD and Default Browser have the same issue and there is no indication the page is still loading. Very strange :P

Interesting ... I realize it is a BIG frame because when I view it on my PC the side bar shows it contains a lot of data but Dolphin HD and Default Browser have the same issue and there is no indication the page is still loading. Very strange :P

Yes its a long page, takes a while to get to the bottom of that page. try messing around with some settings, i have enable plugins allways on, that may help.

Guest trevor432990
Yes its a long page, takes a while to get to the bottom of that page. try messing around with some settings, i have enable plugins allways on, that may help.

I have enabled plugins already but will look to see if there are any other relevant settings. Can you test the browser which came with the Vega originally to see if that works for you too please ?

I have enabled plugins already but will look to see if there are any other relevant settings. Can you test the browser which came with the Vega originally to see if that works for you too please ?

Just tried the vega browser and wouldnt let me scroll unless i zoomed in a little, but still worked on dolphin hd. Try clearing the dolpin hd cache it may reload the page correct this time. What version of dolphin hd are you using mine is 4.3

Edited by Neilkt

Guest trevor432990
Just tried the vega browser and wouldnt let me scroll unless i zoomed in a little, but still worked on dolphin hd. Try clearing the dolpin hd cache it may reload the page correct this time. What version of dolphin hd are you using mine is 4.3

I'm on 4.3 as well so I went into Dolphin HD settings then Advanced Settings and Reset to Default and the browser now displays the test page and scrolls without even having to pinch/zoom. Default browser still has same problem so will probably reset that one too. So the puzzle is which setting causes hiccup but thanks for your help. :P

I have had a similiar problem with android.netvibes.com, has anyone got it working properly on android? i think there must be a problem with iframes on the webkit based browsers on the vega as it works fine on my htc desire.