2.2 Official & Shipping Now on Orange SF

Guest MKD73

Just called up orange to purchase another handset and was told that they are now shipping with 2.2 froyo standered !!! handset comming tomorrow

Anyone else been told this

Edited by MKD73

Just called up orange to purchase another handset and was told that they are now shipping with 2.2 froyo standered !!! handset comming tomorrow

Cool - please let us know if you get a 2.2 with your new handset tomorrow.

Guest rbbrslmn

surely if it was shipping as standard right now someone would have posted an image of the rom?

Thanks for sharing this great info.

May I suggest you change the title of the thread to reflect the content more specifically... something along the lines of "2.2 Official & Shipping Now on Orange SF". Such important news deserves to attract everyone's attention.

Guest wolverine73

wooaaahhhh - bombshell :P

Lets not forget the excellent work carried out by the likes of Paul who have already provided us with 2.2 on custom roms, without these guys and all their support i'm sure the community wouldn't be so large today - well done guys :D

As above not been here long but seen lots of developement for this haandset here the only place i think .

just out of interest how would i dump the rom from this handset when it arrives tomorrow (if someone not done it already) by then

As above not been here long but seen lots of developement for this haandset here the only place i think .

just out of interest how would i dump the rom from this handset when it arrives tomorrow (if someone not done it already) by then

use romdump http://android.podtwo.com/romdump/

if the version above doesn't work, use the one from post 36 below which was fixed for the v880

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/329...0-1-1/page/20/#

Edited by rjm2k

Search for sebastian404 romdump..can't find a direct link for you but its on this forum somewhere..

looks like rjm2k was too quick on the draw for me !

Edited by xzyk

Guest Simon O
well... we still want our own kernel with cifs and tun and rds and so on...

So do I. And I hope this official UK rom will fix the issue with the signal strength and disconnections with wifi enabled for some people. Still haven't been able to fix it yet myself :P

Guest daniel_owen_uk

Lets not get too excited, this is hardly official yet? Surely it's just someone in customer services who probably doesn't know for sure.

The website still says 2.1

Guest lordofangels

Where's Sebastian?

Thought he would of had word from his inside source.

How long from the first dump, before we see a deorangated 2.2 from Seb or another Modder

Guest whatcolour
Finally! I can retire :P

m8, retire is not an option for you! else where do we get the *real* perfect rom from :-) your contribution to the blade community is beyond words!

Guest machode

I just phoned orange sales, lady on the phone wasnt sure so spoke to handset support who said it ships with 2.1 and that it will be getting an update but they have no official date as of yet?

Where's Sebastian?

Thought he would of had word from his inside source.

How long from the first dump, before we see a deorangated 2.2 from Seb or another Modder

ZTE went silent after they released the 03z kernel source, even if they hadn't they would not have told us about this as they would say it's upto Orange.