[ROM] [eclair] Orange UK stock B20 TPT image [16 December 2011] [OLED + TFT]

Guest hecatae

Guest geezerone
Does anyone here know whether the B10 firmware fixes the San Francisco's numerous wi-fi problems?

I'd like to know that and what version of firmware. Is it 2.1 update 1?

Guest Jekle
I'd like to know that and what version of firmware. Is it 2.1 update 1?

I found that the wi-fi was very good on the B10 internal version + B19 software and B20 is just B10 with updated apps we shouldn't be calling it B20.

Guest geezerone

My new Orange SF is 2.1U1 and the funny thing is wifi doesn't have a problem at all. Always connects to wifi router after being unplugged or just with screen off after 30secs. Other OSF did have the problem of not reconnecting to wifi and poor wifi range altogether. Hence my dilemma into changing or not to custom rom. :D

Guest hecatae
My new Orange SF is 2.1U1 and the funny thing is wifi doesn't have a problem at all. Always connects to wifi router after being unplugged or just with screen off after 30secs. Other OSF did have the problem of not reconnecting to wifi and poor wifi range altogether. Hence my dilemma into changing or not to custom rom. :D

rom dump please.

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=71787 < use this will leave your partitions intact and just dump the rom to sd card in a romdump folder

• 1 month later...
Guest wbaw
I found that the wi-fi was very good on the B10 internal version + B19 software and B20 is just B10 with updated apps we shouldn't be calling it B20.

B20 has a new touch screen fix in the kernel.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ray-man

About RELEASE

This ROM is based on the Orange V1.0.0B20 ROM shipped with current device, all the Orange Branding has been included. The aim is to revert the device to as close to Orange UK Stock as possible.

Features

Based on the OUK_P729BV1.0.0B20 ROM

Orange Branding.

test Apps, programs & data left over during vendor 'testing/development'.

ZTE applications.

Live Wallpapers.

CooTek TouchPal Keyboard.

Orange boot animation.

Orange wall papers.

Orange Browser application.

Orange email application.

stock Orange voicemail

stock Orange APN

Can you please tell me the current status of this item as it's not clear if all of the suggested changes are applicable and have been incorporated, so I'm not sure exactly what the phone will be restored to.

I have a new UK Orange San Francisco that was ...B10 when shipped. The change sequence has been:

• Unlocked.
  • Rooted.
  • Updated from GEN1 to GEN2 using 'GEN1-to-GEN2-TPT-v8-custon.zip' submitted by wbaw.
  • Cyanogenmod 7.1.0 Nightly (CM_BLADE_FULL-143.zip loaded.
  • GAPPS Package loaded from http://goo.inside.me/gapps
  • Several of the free apps (facebook, twitter, utube etc.) have now been downloaded via wifi (BTFON) but none of these apps have been tried on this phone yet.

The phone is running okay but there are problems with USB access from pc, wifi home hub and poor reception, 3G reception almost non existent. (All were fine prior to upgrade). All MD5s were carefully checked including nandroid and no errors were flagged during the upgrade process

I would like to restore the phone to its original ...B10 state before deciding what to do next.

Guest Ray-man

I made an updated version of this based on the more recent B20 build. Stock everything, will work on a phone that has been tpt upgraded to gen2.

size: 116.28mb

md5sum: 0f7725e7014b2970b4a3e93aae2377a2 OUKB20-stock-TPT.zip

sha1sum: cd5eafaccb7856c87e402bca2a413214108b9a28 OUKB20-stock-TPT.zip

mirror 1: http://www.filesonic.com/file/1053814781/O...0-stock-TPT.zip

mirror 2: http://www.fileserve...0-stock-TPT.zip

mirror 3: http://www.multiupload.com/38NARZG8XE

Thanks hecatae, wbaw and oh!dougal (Plain English translation).

I have just applied this to my phone and everything appears to be back as it was - Just what I needed to do. SD card will still need to be wiped to send it back, then it's just like new - Dull, sluggish and smothered in orange bloat! Yuk!

Guest nitsy01

Thanks Hecatae and wbaw,

Just installed this so that I can send my phone back to orange for replacement.

Mr Pigfish says it is now GEN1! Just like it was when I bought it.

All the original orange crap is there...fantastic!!

Hopefully the replacement I get will have not lose 90% battery in 3 hours when switched off...

Hi Redironman

could you please let me know how to request for a replacement. what is the procedure and what should be kept in mind. i would be restoring to the original orange version, however i have never registered this phone on the number and sim provided. so would that be an issue.

thanks,nitsy

Guest nitsy01

Hi Redironman

could you please let me know how to request for a replacement. what is the procedure and what should be kept in mind. i would be restoring to the original orange version, however i have never registered this phone on the number and sim provided. so would that be an issue.

thanks,nitsy

Thanks Wbaw & Hecatae,

installed the original files and all look fine. would wait for someone to respond about the procedure.

thanks,

nitsy

Edited by nitsy01

Guest Nikunj

I made an updated version of this based on the more recent B20 build. Stock everything, will work on a phone that has been tpt upgraded to gen2.

size: 116.28mb

md5sum: 0f7725e7014b2970b4a3e93aae2377a2 OUKB20-stock-TPT.zip

sha1sum: cd5eafaccb7856c87e402bca2a413214108b9a28 OUKB20-stock-TPT.zip

mirror 1: http://www.filesonic.com/file/1053814781/O...0-stock-TPT.zip

mirror 2: http://www.fileserve...0-stock-TPT.zip

mirror 3: http://www.multiupload.com/38NARZG8XE

Guys,

I am on Gen2 (upgraded using WBAW method) and running latest CM7 nightly (149). Unfortunately, since couple of days, part of the touch screen has become completely unresponsive (for eg: consistently on any keyboard, cant press keys 'u', 'j','b', etc) and after the same result on various rom's I am assuming its a screen/digitizer issue. I am planning to revert to stock rom before I start interacting with Orange support.I have 2 questions and if someone can help will be much appreciated:

1. When flashing using above zip, will it take me to Gen1 and revert back to Stock ROM. Also, do I need to flash the above using clockwork recovery or just unzip this to image folder on root of SD card.

2. Will it also revert back the clockwork recovery to stock?

I am not even sure of what chances I have to get any help from Orange as the phone is now around 8 months old (although there is no physical damage to screen or phone anywhere).

Any responses to above query will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nikunj

Guest Ray-man

Guys,

I am on Gen2 (upgraded using WBAW method) and running latest CM7 nightly (149). Unfortunately, since couple of days, part of the touch screen has become completely unresponsive (for eg: consistently on any keyboard, cant press keys 'u', 'j','b', etc) and after the same result on various rom's I am assuming its a screen/digitizer issue. I am planning to revert to stock rom before I start interacting with Orange support.I have 2 questions and if someone can help will be much appreciated:

1. When flashing using above zip, will it take me to Gen1 and revert back to Stock ROM. Also, do I need to flash the above using clockwork recovery or just unzip this to image folder on root of SD card.

2. Will it also revert back the clockwork recovery to stock?

I am not even sure of what chances I have to get any help from Orange as the phone is now around 8 months old (although there is no physical damage to screen or phone anywhere).

Any responses to above query will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nikunj

Hi Nikunj,

I'm fairly sure that I followed the restore procedure in wbaw's original GEN1 to GEN2 TPT upgrade thread when I did it but you should read both threads to be sure, you don't want to risk getting it wrong! It worked well for me when I tried it (was just checking it out) although I have no idea if my phone was still rooted and unlocked after being restored, or if those items are reversable.

As for your N149 problems, I've tried several different nightlys on my San Fran, which is brand new and all of them have been unstable including touch screen problems, and some features disappearing altogether, so check yours again when it's back to original the phone could be fine. I'm planning to try Ginger Stir Fry as a last ditch attempt to get stable results after that the phone gets ditched, this process is taking up far too much time!

Incidently, you should report any rom problems to Cyanogen as aparantly they don't follow these threads.

Anyway, good luck, hope you get things sorted.

• 3 months later...
Guest hecatae

have you tested it? is wifi reconecting properly?

yes, it's on the first page

if anyone wants to know why I have done this.

the existing tpt identified itself as a t-mobile hungary gen1 blade when connected to zte's terminal update tool.

that would not look good for anyone trying to claim on warranty, so updated added only orange bits and here it is

Guest damjan006

yes, it's on the first page

if anyone wants to know why I have done this.

the existing tpt identified itself as a t-mobile hungary gen1 blade when connected to zte's terminal update tool.

that would not look good for anyone trying to claim on warranty, so updated added only orange bits and here it is

hectae i have flased this stock firmware and i lost fastboot and the TPT is not working. How can i recover from this? My phone boots fine but i just cant't find any way to convert to GEN2. I can boot to FTM mode only. Any advice ?

Edited by damjan006

Guest hecatae

hectae i have flased this stock firmware and i lost fastboot and the TPT is not working. How can i recover from this? My phone boots fine but i just cant't find any way to convert to GEN2. I can boot to FTM mode only. Any advice ?

tpt after flashing with this is menu + volume up + power buttons

yes fastboot is disabled on this tpt, as fastboot is not enabled on the stock b20 rom

Guest damjan006

tpt after flashing with this is menu + volume up + power buttons

yes fastboot is disabled on this tpt, as fastboot is not enabled on the stock b20 rom

thanks hecatae that worked !

Edited by damjan006

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Society

updated again

Thanks very much for this - exactly what I need! I've a Gen1 B10 that's now Gen2 via Moldovan RLS9 with integrated TPT but it has an intermittent sound fault (started before flashing Moldovan) and I'll try to return under warranty after using this.

When you update the head post could you please provide MD5 as I'm wary of bricking the phone at this late stage and am not competent enough to sort things out at the grass roots level.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FIREotter

Hey guys,

Multiupload has been down for the last few days. Anyone still following this thread and willing to upload the TPT to a new server? It would help me out a whole lot.

Thanks,

Guest Amphoras

Hey guys,

Multiupload has been down for the last few days. Anyone still following this thread and willing to upload the TPT to a new server? It would help me out a whole lot.

Thanks,

Think this is the same file. It has the same name, but there's no md5sum in the first post so can't compare them.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8i13u2nmf8v2q1z