'New' ZTE devices

Guest aleckxander

Guest Azurren
That probably makes Froyo official for the Blade, hooray :D

Froyo has been official for the Blade for some time now..

Just not for the San Francisco :D

Which technically is and isn't a ZTE Blade :)

That probably makes Froyo official for the Blade, hooray :D

You're probably right, but why does it have the same kernel as almost every ROM at Modaco - 2.6.32.9-perf?

Guest ellhead

:D

The skate looks awesome! i use my blade for absolutely everything a slightly bigger screen makes it an instant success in my eyes. that things bigger than an iphone.

as far as the proc is concerned, i don't really use my blade for gaming (a bit of pokemon on emulators) so it doesn't really bother me.

it doesn't look like its going to have a monster battery in it like :D

Guest oh!dougal
That Blade's got 2.2 on it.

Its not a Blade.

One clue is it having a different name - "Skate'. Another is it being a different size and shape. Then there's the camera with its led flash ...

If you are interested in it, why not read the thread?

Guest Wes1180

I'm gonna get the blade this saturday, but this looks better, I don't want to have to wait until may to get it though.

Edited by Wes1180

Its not a Blade.

One clue is it having a different name - "Skate'. Another is it being a different size and shape. Then there's the camera with its led flash ...

If you're interested in this topic, you should actually read what's written in the links posted here!

Guest oh!dougal
If you're interested in this topic, you should actually read what's written in the links posted here!

Touché ! (Another victim of the shortened url display...)

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest Shrikey
Meanwhile at HTC...

Wildfire S

600 MHz, 3.2-inch touch screen with 320 x 480 resolution, how do they think they can still get away with this?!

Its a smaller device and so long as it has the standard 3 sub pixels per pixel, unlike the blade, then itll have much the same resolution as the blade does. Just saying.

Guest Azurren
Its a smaller device and so long as it has the standard 3 sub pixels per pixel, unlike the blade, then itll have much the same resolution as the blade does. Just saying.

Even so not all apps will work with.. Just like the old one :D

Even if it does look the same

Guest BArtNimal

you're wrong. end of.

Guest 90180360

You're confusing stuff. The TFT Blade has 3 sub pixels per pixel, just not the OLED Blade, but I think that's the case with most OLED displays afaik.

Guest zerosignull
Wish it was 7" though :D

And @phonescoop said the Skates build quality was bad.. But they said the Blades build quality was horrendous!

So the Skate is almost perfect by our standards :D

lol, what are you trying to say about our standards???

The Skate specs look ok. Shame its only got a Adreno 200 GPU though.

Guest Azurren
lol, what are you trying to say about our standards???

The Skate specs look ok. Shame its only got a Adreno 200 GPU though.

I'll answer that with a: :D

And follow up with a: :D

What I mean is if we can live with the "Horrendous" build quality of the Blade then the Skate should be wonderful by comparison. But note that a later review said the COMPLETE opposite! That the QWERTY device had the worst build quality (Instead of the best) and that the Blade was the best (Instead of the worst)

Frankly if it is as good / slightly better than the blade I have no issue with it

Its not a Blade.

I know this is mainly about the Skate but I was referring to the pictures taken by Engadget.

Skate 2.3

http://www.engadget.com/photos/zte-amigo-b...nds-on/#3885753

Blade 2.2

http://www.engadget.com/photos/zte-amigo-b...nds-on/#3885789

Amigo 2.2

http://www.engadget.com/photos/zte-amigo-b...nds-on/#3885766

Guest Carbonize
A ZTE Honeycomb tablet would be nice, wish they come up with a nice one soon.

4.3 inches is too big for me though, will be sticking to my blade.

The 10" tablet mentioned in the first post is coming with Honeycomb despite what the poster said as the picture clearly says Android 3.0 OS.

Guest Camacha
Only 256MB RAM, only Android 2.1, and at 165g a bit heavy (source).

256 MB RAM is unfortunately a dealbreaker, but the 720P recording and twin camera's sounded good. 2.1 can be fixed, of course :D

Guest 90180360
Only 256MB RAM, only Android 2.1, and at 165g a bit heavy (source).

At least its processor supports the ARMv7 instruction set. :D

Very interesting is also the announcement of the Gemstone with the PXA955 (728MHz) and dual SIM! I'd really love to separate data and voice! And all this for <200$...

God bless the combination of Google's Android and Chinese hardware :D Seriously, how much better can it get for customers?!

(And somehow I understand why Nokia doesn't want to go into that market...)