GPS accuracy seems low

Guest cacoe

Guest Ydnaroo

Hi

I'm afraid I can't help with your problem but would you mind telling me what app you are using in your screen shots? My Google Maps program (v5.1.0) looks different to that, the screen is far more cluttered; search bar at the top and - + buttons at the bottom. I assume from the top bar that you're using the Gingerbread theme pack, does that change the appearance of 'Maps'?

Cheers - Y

Ydnaroo, it's another google app called My Tracks available on the market for free. It's less useful than maps for directions but I'm mostly using it to record the accuracy of my GPS rather than anything else at the moment :D

Guest Borderland

A while ago I compared track logs with a reasonably high end GPSr and it compared OK. This was with the stock ROM. I use MM Tracker and have been reasonably impressed with the speed the Blade acquires satellites. It places me quickly at the correct location, though there have been times when I've had to switch it off and try again.

I will try to post some sample tracks using the Jellyfish ROM in a couple of days.

I'll know for sure tomorrow when I try to nandroid restore my software on my brother's handset. I'll be sure to do a backup of his install first, and test gps on that. Then I'll restore my nandroid backup on his phone and see if it causes any problems.

Edited by cacoe

Guest overkiller0999

just to let you guys know, I install the new cynagen mod, and now my GPs is so acurate, if i turn my phone around, walk up my path outside my house, it will notice all of those movements with only half a second delay!

From no gps to perfect is outstanding!!

Guest Ricey155

ive been using endmondo sports tracker for tracking any sport i do, even walking through the lake district and snowdon they work prefect with the blade

Golf gps is also accurate and google navigation has worked really well

one issue i have is that things like foursquare and facebook places takes a while to fix a location when the other get it spot on and fast - the dam reloading icon pee's me off

Well in the end, I compared my blade with my brothers, with the same rom and settings and his worked fine. So we switched them because he wasn't bothered about this feature and now we're both happy :D

Guest Phoenix Silver
post-836124-1297960503_thumb.jpg

Not too good. Here's a gpx track I loaded into google earth, and as you can see, was surrounded by buildings, the fone placed on the passenger seat of my car,

humm you surely have made a mistake google earth doesn't work with blade