[ROM] CyanogenMod-7 for ZTE Blade/San Francisco :: V7.0.0-RC1 (02/16/2011)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome, I've had GB for a little while now on my phone and the missus has been missing out. I've installed it, and TBH its not far off perfect. I think for a first release people are a little harsh. On my old Hero we were used to many things not working for weeks and weeks if you wanted to upg to the latest version, day by day there would be a bit of progress. On the Blade it seems like the CM GB almost appeared overnight.

Well done all involved!!

PLEASE everyone don't make it hard, read the first page before asking and definitely before flashing.

Guest fonix232
Dont use install command.. it wont work. If you try run that file in ZTE it will give "parse error".

Use push command to force it :D

adb shell

su 

mount -o remount,rw -t rfs /dev/stl5 /system

(open another cmd to adb push.. )

mount -o remount,ro -t rfs /dev/stl5 /system
Or you can edit build.prop :D ro.build.version.sdk=9 => 10 ro.build.version.release=2.3.2 => 2.3.3 Then you can install all new versions :)
I know, I've pushed it to that very folder, and still nothing. Also, easier to use ADB:
adb remount

adb push Launcher2.apk /system/app/

Just trying to edit build.prop, still booting :)

EDIT:

No luck, APK is there, but it won't show up :S

Edited by fonix232

I know, I've pushed it to that very folder, and still nothing.

Also, easier to use ADB:

adb remount

adb push Launcher2.apk /system/app/

Just trying to edit build.prop, still booting :D

EDIT:

No luck, APK is there, but it won't show up :S

Dont know then, i use Home Switcher to change it.

Guest Trademark-NRW
PLEASE everyone don't make it hard, read the first page before asking and definitely before flashing.

Nice try, but the ignorants won't even read your post. :D

I totally agree on every page the same -answered a thousand times- questions.

Guest targetbsp

Just Shake seems to work OK. :D And I see the work on the actual bug has 'started' according to the tracker.

Now the important subject... how do I get a battery circle? :D

Guest Frankish
Just Shake seems to work OK. :D And I see the work on the actual bug has 'started' according to the tracker.

Now the important subject... how do I get a battery circle? :D

Run the framework through UOT?

Guest SWOriginal
Run the framework through UOT?

or create a theme for t-mobiles theme engine and share it with other blade users (personally never liked the circle battery)

Guest Frankish

If i make any themes i'll stick to the old recovery flash method. I really couldn't be bothered to sit and rename something stupid like 1000 pngs per theme. I'd be there for months :D

EDIT:

I got mad respect for anyone daft enough to put the hours into making the t-mobile engine theme type. I couldn't do it not for free!

Edited by Frankish

Guest SWOriginal
If i make any themes i'll stick to the old recovery flash method. I really couldn't be bothered to sit and rename something stupid like 1000 pngs per theme. I'd be there for months :D

EDIT:

I got mad respect for anyone daft enough to put the hours into making the t-mobile engine theme type. I couldn't do it not for free!

The new theming method is so much faster ( if you just stick to editing the usual framework files) & easier for noobs to understand the installation method :D , i think theres a template somewhere that only has the basic images.

i haven't even started one myself yet as i get halfway through & give up lol

The beauty of the tmobile method - put em on the market, the amount of hi res cyanogenmod7 devices out there im sure you'll get quite a bit :)

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest Frankish
The new theming method is so much faster ( if you just stick to editing the usual framework files) & easier for noobs to understand the installation method :D , i think theres a template somewhere that only has the basic images.

i haven't even started one myself yet as i get halfway through & give up lol

The beauty of the tmobile method - put em on the market, the amount of hi res cyanogenmod7 devices out there im sure you'll get quite a bit :D

The minute you start doing things for money is the same time it stops being fun. Other than being paid for sex. It stops being fun when the clients get rough.

has somebody setup an email account with imap successfully ?

i am able to setup pop3 and exchange accounts, but after setup the imap details then for an account that use imap.aol.com i get a FC.

Guest uomoinutile

Ok guys, I've been using this ROM for a whole day now and I'm ready to give my contribution to the bug reports.

First of all, no multitouch on the keyboard: I find this to be the most intrusive bug togheter with the proximity sensor bug during long calls (which I experienced myself).

Then I got this horrible bug from the native Messaging app: basically, I can't go to Options and remove the possibility for it to send me notifications (I use GoSMS so atm I'm getting 2 notifications per message!). In addition to that, after importing my backup with SMS Backup+, Messaging keeps saying that I got 3k unread messages, which I haven't since neither GOSms nor Messaging itself marks any of my messages as such (no highlighting).

Other bug: in other ROMs like MCR, JJR, FLB I could start swiping from "outside" the bottom of the screen in order to take the notification bar back to its place. Here I can't: I need to be accurate and pinch the exact bar at the bottom of the screen. Is that due to a setting I miss?

BTW I got no problems in the Camera app (the one included in Android)

EDIT:

i was looking forward to the frankish themes :D

Guest Bazza76

EDIT:

Best you call a mad fool started a theme but its going to take a while.

B

First of all, no multitouch on the keyboard: I find this to be the most intrusive bug togheter with the proximity sensor bug during long calls (which I experienced myself).

Blade hardware doesnt support multitouch, only pinch-to-zoom.

EDIT:

Agreed! That's ridiculous and tedious!

Edit: Good luck Bazza! The cool thing about it is that it'll work on any(?) hdpi cm7 device I think.

Edited by jt_mcg

Guest Blues003
Blade hardware doesnt support multitouch, only pinch-to-zoom.

Tell that to my 4 completed runs on emulated Sonic 3 & Knuckles which totally needed multitouch.

Guest fonix232

EDIT:

Actually, if you look through it, it is almost the same as the framework editing. You just pick the XML from framework, edit it for your needs, add the needed images, pack it, and done, it works on all devices.

A theme editor would make theming easier though.

emulated crappy "multitouch" != multitouch

This isn't "emulated crappy multitouch". No one calls it so. It is DUAL TOUCH. Just like the HTC G1, Hero, Nexus One. Not just pinch-to-zoom, but a lot more.