Cynanogen vs Current 2.2 Roms

Guest admanirv

I like this rom very much. Still, it's too slow for me. Even with Launcher Pro Plus. Yet another con is no overclocking, even dedicated CM Cpu Governor gives an FC. Going back to good 'ol JJ RLS9 to wait for a better release.

"today" being the operative word. I am half way through putting it back on at this minute. Until that shake app suggestion, there was just no way this was useful as *a phone*. :D

99% usable is not useful when the 1% issue is it's inability to say, navigate through an automated telephone switchboard!

I'm a software developer. I use unfinished and buggy products all the time but I do expect my phone to be able to hang up phone calls - at least most of the time. :D There can be as many bugs as they like with the rest of it and I'll put up with them fine.

If you'd used the option "Use Power button to end calls" which has been an option on EVERY rom I've seen including this you'd have had no problems at all - simply press power and it ends the call.....

Guest targetbsp
It's an option in the ADW settings. It's meant to make it faster. It makes it much slower on this.

@Toldo: lack of overclocking isn't much of an issue when at stock speeds it's tons faster than an overclocked Froyo. :D Swype is just amazing on it. Angry Birds doesn't lag. ADW Ex puts the thing in IPhone territory for app drawer smoothness.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Cythraul

Could someone confirm the status of tethering on CM7? Do both USB and wifi tethering work, or are there workarounds to make them work? If not, maybe should someone file it on the bug tracker.

Guest spanner44

I am thinking of switching soon, though I will wait for another release first and see what the feedback is, as there still seems like there are a few little problems that will probably get ironed out in a release or two.

Guest The-One

Overall performance is better, numbers speaking at least.

I got Neocore running finally and got 44.6FPS overclocked @ 691mhz vs 42.2FPS i used to get on the Froyo builds with the same configs. Also Linpack is a bit better and quadrant with fixed stagefright gives a better score than Froyo.

Anyways, the tests worth almost nothing cause they do not reproduce the daily usage we do with the phone.

Edited by The-One

Guest chozabu

Over there they mention wireless - but not wired tethering.

It seems at least I am not the only one having wired tethering issues

after some searching - and fibblesan confirms: wired tethering seems not to function in cm7 rc1 for blade

Edited by chozabu

Guest Len Ash
Well rom seems to work less smooth, as the hw_ui wasn't enabled. LP lacks of smoothness. Maybe I'll try it later again.

Why don't you enable it then? 2 minute job.

(Although you are making unfounded assumptions about its effect.)

Edited by Len Ash

Guest MadeInBeats

I take it that when everyone is saying the homescreen is snappy with WP Hack disabled, you also mean wallpaper scrolling is disabled as well? ADW is snappy on 2.2 as long WP Scrolling is disabled.

Is it snappy with WP Scrolling enabled, and is it snappy with a Live Wallpaper: scrolling and non-scrolling?

Guest Rotmann
Shame you have to turn off your phone after every call..

Use the "just shake free" workaround posted in the CM7 topic and switch back light on during calls. No need to turn off phone if you search and read the forums.

Edited by Rotmann

Why don't you enable it then? 2 minute job.

(Although you are making unfounded assumptions about its effect.)

Like I didn't try that. There's no such line in build.prop. Please check for yourself. The structure of the file is completely different. Anyways, I will give it a shot once again with a different launcher, maybe Go Laucher or ADW EX...