Acer Liquid E - Official Android 2.2 Froyo ROM - 4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT

Guest toihooray

Guest youpi666

i've just test it, it works great on A1.

Now i've test the malez recovery install.

Edit 1 :

- Install of Malez recovery 6.1 OK

Now try to go back to 4.002.14GEN1

Edit 2 :

- 'downgrade' to 4.002.14GEN1 version OK

Seems we can play with it, with no big problem.

Edited by youpi666

Guest fanguru1
i've just test it, it works great on A1.

Since DL is soooo sloooowwww, can u Multiupload it? tks!

EDIT: i'm blind :| two posts above :huh: sorry!

Edited by fanguru1

Guest zombolo
mirror for 256 mb

Many thanks!

I am sure any modded rom that is based on this version without AcerUI will be FANTASTIC! ^___^

Anyway, downloading right now.

Edit: flashed on my 256mb Liquid, all OK. Now i wait a nice theme with battery percentage and this will be my own definitive rom.

Edited by zombolo

Guest fear_factory84

I would like to build a custom rom based on this, first by removing all craps apps and rooting it...

Meanwhile for all devs here is a tar with the system files (to compare with older acer bins) and a nandroid:

4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT_nandroid.tar.gz (125.25 MB) http://www.multiupload.com/DKCKKTBA6O

4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT_system.tar.gz (95.17 MB) http://www.multiupload.com/CF2KERCZ37

I would like to build a custom rom based on this, first by removing all craps apps and rooting it...

Meanwhile for all devs here is a tar with the system files (to compare with older acer bins) and a nandroid:

4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT_nandroid.tar.gz (125.25 MB) http://www.multiupload.com/DKCKKTBA6O

4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT_system.tar.gz (95.17 MB) http://www.multiupload.com/CF2KERCZ37

Downloading to compare with 4.002.14.

Will certainly rebase LCR on it.

Thank you for dumping

Edited by malez

Flash it! Expecting this ROM will fix important bluetooth issue for me, but nothing new – Cyberon voice commander still doesn't work properly and A2DP(while working along with HFP) still cause stereo stuttering. Rolling back to t&l.

Downloading to compare with 4.002.14.

Will certainly rebase LCR on it.

Thank you for dumping

A vanilla android ui rebase would be awesome!!! Also, how about including that stock oc kernel from here as an option??

Edited by Rajit

Guest fear_factory84
A vanilla android ui rebase would be awesome!!! Also, how about including that stock oc kernel from here as an option??

we still don't know what changes in this new bin kernel side. Maybe it's the same kernel, maybe not.....

oc kernel for t&l perhaps could be flashed and should work, but I haven't tested it.

Guest fear_factory84
What about T&L Apps2SD? Should that work with this?

I changed ramdisk adding scripts needed from malez, but it bootloops, I should check why when I have some time....

Guest HustlinDaily
how is lag with this rom in A1? i went back to official 2.1 because lag was unbearable even with LCR top of 2.2 release...

I think all Froyo ROMs seem laggier on A1 due to the low amount of RAM. When using this with LauncherPro, I think this one might be the smoothest.

Guest jayziac

The CM7 (gingerbread 2.3) ROM is the fastest, probably because GB has better background memory cleanup/management than froyo. A few people are reporting it runs fine installed over this ROM/baseband.

Guest HustlinDaily

Yeah GB was super smooth when I used it but lack of Bluetooth (tho there is an experimental fix out now) caused me to downgrade back to Froyo.

Waiting for BT/USB tethering to be fixed before I upgrade.