[KERNEL] Buzz Vega | .32.35 | CIFS | TUN | EXT4 | SLAB | NOOP | WiFi | NTFS | HOST/SLAVE | 0.7

Guest Buzing Bee

Guest simonta

Hi Buzz

I've been looking at a way to figure out how to detect USB host/slave in a generic (non-kernel dependent) manner. Whilst researching, I found some interesting stuff on setting GPIO pins from userspace. From your commits, it seems that GPIO 8 controls the USB mode. If sysfs GPIO support was enabled in the kernel, it may be possible to set/unset GPIOs from scripts or apps.

https://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/doku.php?...vers:gpio-sysfs

This might give you one of the holy grails of Vega land being able to toggle the USB mode without rebooting...

Cheers

Guest Buzing Bee
Hi Buzz

I've been looking at a way to figure out how to detect USB host/slave in a generic (non-kernel dependent) manner. Whilst researching, I found some interesting stuff on setting GPIO pins from userspace. From your commits, it seems that GPIO 8 controls the USB mode. If sysfs GPIO support was enabled in the kernel, it may be possible to set/unset GPIOs from scripts or apps.

https://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/doku.php?...vers:gpio-sysfs

This might give you one of the holy grails of Vega land being able to toggle the USB mode without rebooting...

Cheers

Unfortunatly its not that simple as GPIO-8 only controles the USB power out, there is some nvidia drivers being set up on boot (wich is nasty to reinitialise)

But i am still working towords a better way :D

Guest dexta211

Hi, tried this kernel twice now, but whenever I swap to usb host mode i lose wifi. In settings under wifi it just says error so i've had to restore it both times.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

EDIT

I have tried the fix in the first post, it didnt work!

EDIT 2:

Tried again and it looks like the third time is the charm Lol!

Thanks

Edited by dexta211

• 1 month later...
Guest docck

Hi

Tryed 0.7 on my ViewPad 10s with stock 1.09. Looks pretty good and I didn't find any bugs.

Question: will kernel update to 2.6.32.40?

Thanks

• 2 months later...