HTC Wildfire v. San Francisco

Guest ukjeff27

Guest ukjeff27

Been toying with the idea of putting my San Fran on eBay and buying a Wildfire, but is The Wildfire that much better? better camera and build quality i know but what about the rest.?

Guest ronc2000
Been toying with the idea of putting my San Fran on eBay and buying a Wildfire, but is The Wildfire that much better? better camera and build quality i know but what about the rest.?

Better camera and build quality, no doubt about it.

But the rest? I doubt it.

And what price?

A lot of people are doing the other way.

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim

You'd be far better off with an HTC Desire (~£230-250) or Samsung Galaxy Ace for 200.

Alternatively wait for the new HTC phones to come out.

Guest simonsays1

I would stick with the San Fran, its got more memory than the wildfire (512>384mb), bigger screen (3.5>3.2), faster CPU (600+OC > 528) and the killer for me is the screen resolution (800x480>240x320).

I'm sure the Wildfire has a better camera and build quality but the ZTE is much better for my usage than a small screen.

After years with Nokias I want a big screen with as many pixels as I can get.

If you want to upgrade think about a Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire (HD) or Motorola Milestone/Defy.

Guest Theme Ishere

Even if the Wildfire had better Specs in everything else that the screen, it would be a no-go for me. Just pop in to a shop and have a look. I simply cannot imagine going back to that kind of screen after having owned the San Fran. Which is a problem, as even bigger screens with the same resolution now look "blocky", even though they are not. :(

Guest ukjeff27

Thanks everyone, didnt realise the screen was that poor, on reflection ill stick with my San Fran until the release of dual core phones forces down the price of a second hand Desire hd.

Guest veehexx

i've got both sat next to me; and this was the dilemma i had when pondering over the same question pre-christmas.

HTC better build quality. screen is very poor versus the SF.

SF has the screen. since this is the bit that your interacting with the most, it's the most important factor.

aside from the screen difference, and presuming you use the phone as a communication device and not a gaming device then it's upto you. i'd personally go with SF as it's a better all round product.

if the wildfire had a better screen, then i'd go with HTC.

Guest wagggy

Yep stick with the San Fran. I bought a san francisco after I lost my wild fire. £90 for San francisco and about £130 for a wildfire - does not make sense. I have been blown away by the screen resolution, I had no idea just how bad the wild fire screen was.

Guest digisol

Had a mate who was chuffed with having got a Wildfire just after xmas - I had a look at it the other week, and although I had read loads of Wildfire Vs San Fran articles prior to me getting a San Fran in Oct/Nov, I still wasn't prepared for how bad the screen was.

There's an article somewhere, something like "10 reasons why the San Francisco is better than the Wildfire" - it convinced me beyond a doubt.

the htc desire is better than the sanfrancisco, but it's bigger & heavier. the desire hd is probably worse than the original desire overall. the wildfire sucks.

Guest shadowninty
I'm sure the Wildfire has a better camera and build quality but the ZTE is much better for my usage than a small screen.

After years with Nokias I want a big screen with as many pixels as I can get.

same here

after coming from a 5530 with a 2.9" nHD screen, i could never have bought a HVGA, nevermind QVGA screened phone

if i half to get a 4" screened phone,, i want qHD for the pixel density