Increase ring volume?

Guest btm126

Guest btm126

My wife seems to be missing calls and texts on here Orange SF (custom ROM - not jellyfish - the other one whose name I cant remember)

The ring volume isn't anywhere near as loud as my desire even on full volume.

Is there a way of boosting this, or is this a known issue on these phones.

Thanks

Guest Azurren
My wife seems to be missing calls and texts on here Orange SF (custom ROM - not jellyfish - the other one whose name I cant remember)

Thanks

Some things you can try:

Change the ringtone (Some are much louder than others, different pitchs can be heard through pockets / bags etc.)

Make a custom ringtone and boost the volume before uploading it to your phone

There are options on Cyanogen Mod 7 to adjust ringtone / notification volume (I think its under "Cyanogen Mod settings")

Oh and turn off vibrate and ring.. Otherwise the first 2 out of 5 rings will be vibrates (More chance of missing it)

Hope this helps

Edited by Azurren

Guest The Sorcerer

Thanks

I was going to ask this very question and I'm on the stock Orange rom. It's not bad in a quiet room but out on the street or in a busy bar or pub there's absolutely no chance of hearing it - may not be so bad when you're 20 years old and your hearing is so acute you can hear a pin drop a mile away, but when you're 53 and knackered it's abysmal :D

As for Azurren's advice to turn off vibrate, personally I'd leave it on but extend the ring time before voicemail (or other divert) kicks in. I don't know if this works on all networks but I'm on Giffgaff (which uses the O2 network) and you can do this by dialling **61*443**DELAY# then send/call. DELAY is the number of seconds between 5 and 30 and it has to be multiples of 5 to work - I have mine set to the maximum 30 seconds delay before voicemail activates.

Edited by The Sorcerer

Guest btm126

Thanks.

I'll try some different ringtones and see if that makes a difference. Problem is it spends most of it's time in her handbag.

I've increased delay, but it makes no difference - she literally can't hear it.

Might try CM7 when it is a bit more stable. But she is gonna get really frustrated if it has any bugs in it at all, so RC isn't an option.

Guest BarryH

I asked Orange about increasing the number of rings as mine cuts off after about 5, this is what they sent back:

Thank you for your email regarding the ringing length on your phone.

I've tried to summarise the process into 3 easy steps.

1. Open the Keypad

2. Dial **61*Divert No.*11*N#

Note:

Divert No. = Any phone number (e.g. 07973 100 123)

N = 5 - 20 seconds in 5 second blocks (so 20 if you want the max 20 seconds

ringing length)

3. Press Call

Not sure what DIVERT has to do with the number of rings.

Guest The Sorcerer
I asked Orange about increasing the number of rings as mine cuts off after about 5, this is what they sent back:

Thank you for your email regarding the ringing length on your phone.

I've tried to summarise the process into 3 easy steps.

1. Open the Keypad

2. Dial **61*Divert No.*11*N#

Note:

Divert No. = Any phone number (e.g. 07973 100 123)

N = 5 - 20 seconds in 5 second blocks (so 20 if you want the max 20 seconds

ringing length)

3. Press Call

Not sure what DIVERT has to do with the number of rings.

Because if you don't answer it within a certain time, the incoming call is DIVERTED to voicemail or whatever other DIVERT you've got set up :D

Guest BarryH
Because if you don't answer it within a certain time, the incoming call is DIVERTED to voicemail or whatever other DIVERT you've got set up :D

Thanks for the help.