[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest saturnreturn

I have an issue with the camera on CM7 where the preview works, but as soon as I press the button to take the photo, the preview freezes as though it has taken the photo, but the shutter sound is not played and the app stops responding. If I press menu button, I get a Force Close message appearing after a couple of seconds. I've wiped several times, checked DCIM folder permissions (I read other people saying this was an issue for them), but all looks ok. The video camera mode works fine.

Does anyone else have this, and is it solvable?

I used the one-file TPT method to get to gen2 running n57, and have since upgraded to n63, but I've had this issue on all CM7 ROMS. Also, I should mention that I experienced this on Gen 1 FLB-11b for a while just before I upgraded to CM7.

Guest shad0wboss

guys if you're 100% sure about a certain bug then take screenshot, record log and just report in bug tracker section, i mean if you really want something to be fixed, discussing here won't take you anywhere...

Guest bhf
You are kidding. This is the breakthru update for the stock music player app. If you are using your Blade as a mp3 player with various compilations, you will now have a nice and tidy Artist column. Thanks to the album artist support.

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Obviously random reboots are back with this nightly. My device rebooted twice within six hours. These reboots were random, the device was just lying on my desktop. The reboots were not related to any charging procedure.

Guest aidanj
so the fast battery drain is still here?

what is the last build that haven't this bug?

it is for me. the last build that i used that had good battery life was one of the mid nightly 30s. i upgraded to nightly 39, and the bad battery life returned. the battery life rapidly decreases when the phone is sleeping (say i charge it to 100% overnight, and leave it, it'll be at around 60% after about four or five hours of seemingly doing nothing). i have brightness on a very low setting, gps and wi-fi always off, go to sleep enabled in spare parts, trackball wake disabled in cyanogenmod settings, and the cpu is set to ondemand govenor with default values. so, something is preventing the phone from sleeping - i cannot turn the display on with the menu buttons (this is good), and the backlit buttons turn off as they should.

i'm positive what's causing the battery drain for me is notifications (so, when i receive an sms or e-mail for example). this happens with noled active - i deleted it, and reverted to the 'standard' notification alter i deleted it), and the battery still drains excessively when i receive a nitification and don't quickly dismiss it. why? i have no idea? i've even calibrated my battery. i also have wheresmydroidpower installed to monitor any suspect apps using high battery usage - of which none s reported. i've also checked in settings -> applications -> battery use.

i may have to convert my phone back to gen 1 and revert to an earlier good known nightly.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
so the fast battery drain is still here?

what is the last build that haven't this bug?

N59 was fine for me, it reappered with N60.

Guest Zythus

Its weird for me, isn't it a bug? I have 7.0.3 on my phone, and my battery percentage is only lowering, when im doing something. Like I had 100%, then i went on yt, watched some films, it dropped to 85%. Left it for a night, I woke up, it was on 85%. I watched some youtube - it dropped to 77%. Now, after like 10 hours, its still 77%. Is it a bug or the battery is just perfect now?

Guest targetbsp
No comment :/

Issue 3175

2 minutes of call, battery moved from 99% to 90%...N62

It's been often said on this forum that the battery gauge is useless between 100 and 90%... :unsure:

Guest Fou-lu
It's been often said on this forum that the battery gauge is useless between 100 and 90%... :unsure:

after 3-4days you can start trusting the gauge at 70-, android needs to learn the battery, someone else wrote that here before, :)

Guest bhf
after 3-4days you can start trusting the gauge at 70-, android needs to learn the battery, someone else wrote that here before, :unsure:

3 to 4 battery cycles is more likely.

Its weird for me, isn't it a bug? I have 7.0.3 on my phone, and my battery percentage is only lowering, when im doing something. Like I had 100%, then i went on yt, watched some films, it dropped to 85%. Left it for a night, I woke up, it was on 85%. I watched some youtube - it dropped to 77%. Now, after like 10 hours, its still 77%. Is it a bug or the battery is just perfect now?

Sounds like the ideal scenario to me, while you aren't doing anything why should it eat battery ? :unsure:

Guest Zythus

Naa, checked my incoming messages, and left phone. After 30 minutes I checked, and it dropped from 77% to 76%. Wow. Perfect to me.

Is team douche down for anybody else? I can't seem to download the latest nightly!

Yes, both the teamdouche and cyanogenmod download servers appear to be "down".

Edited by alex1alex2alex3alex4

Guest shad0wboss

but the issue seems to be taken into notice which can mean that 7.0.3 does appear to have a battery drain bug...because i posted several bugs there and most of them were just rejected so the devs are really picky when it comes to bug reporting and if they picked that one up then it is certainly there :)

Guest targetbsp
but the issue seems to be taken into notice which can mean that 7.0.3 does appear to have a battery drain bug...because i posted several bugs there and most of them were just rejected so the devs are really picky when it comes to bug reporting and if they picked that one up then it is certainly there :)

I'm not denying there's a battery drain issue. (Nor am I confirming it as I'm running an ancient CM version :P ) What I'm denying is that you can measure it between 100 and 90 :unsure:

Guest sej7278
guys if you're 100% sure about a certain bug then take screenshot, record log and just report in bug tracker section, i mean if you really want something to be fixed, discussing here won't take you anywhere...

true, but with the dev's stupid policy on not allowing bug reports for nightlies, what else do we do - roll back to 7.0.3 where the bug may not exist and then report it again when 7.1.0 goes stable in a couple of months, during which time nothing has been done about it?!

Guest surfatwork
true, but with the dev's stupid policy on not allowing bug reports for nightlies, what else do we do - roll back to 7.0.3 where the bug may not exist and then report it again when 7.1.0 goes stable in a couple of months, during which time nothing has been done about it?!

errr......you say thank you if and whenever it gets fixed. or you could go back to whatever orange and zte see fit to throw your way.

it would be worth remembering that the devs owe you zilch, nothing...and they develop roms at their pleasure and convenience.

Guest Scope

To save myself going through the thread and look for evidence - is this ROM good/stable enough for everyday use? Whats the most stable version? Currently running JJ rls5 (I think), so not updated for a while.

Guest dadashi
Does CM7 support A2SD and ext2/3 partitions?

No, not on Ext2/3 partition but it does have Apps to sd standard in 2.2 and above...

In older nighties you used to be able to install "dtapps2sd" to support Ext2/3 but that doesn't work anymore...

I've got a 300MB Ext3 partition on my sdcard which isn't doing anything in CM....

Edited by dadashi

Guest bhf
To save myself going through the thread and look for evidence - is this ROM good/stable enough for everyday use?

First things first: CyanogenMod went all Gen2. If you don't want to upgrade, then skip the rest of this post.

CM7 Nightly63 is perfectly fine and both good/stable enough for everyday use. The last two major bugs for me are fixed with the GPS and charging related bug. You may suffer from touchscreen lag. If you use your phone as a gameboy alternative, this ROM may not suitable for you. Try it for yourself.

Guest Grain
Obviously random reboots are back with this nightly. My device rebooted twice within six hours. These reboots were random, the device was just lying on my desktop. The reboots were not related to any charging procedure.

They are not 'back' probably but merely happen, well, randomly.

Please install Battery Monitor Widget and start it. After a random shutdown have a look at its battery history - there you can find battery temperature, too. Any very high readings visible? Then the phone might have shut down because of battery temperature misreadings. Temperature readings get sanitized already, but the parameters might have to be adjusted. I also see (very rare) shutdowns because of bogus temperature measurements.

Guest cjp666
First things first: CyanogenMod went all Gen2. If you don't want to upgrade, then skip the rest of this post.

CM7 Nightly63 is perfectly fine and both good/stable enough for everyday use. The last two major bugs for me are fixed with the GPS and charging related bug. You may suffer from touchscreen lag. If you use your phone as a gameboy alternative, this ROM may not suitable for you. Try it for yourself.

Are you saying the GPS bug is fixed?

I've just been out for a mountain bike ride and mine rebooted after 1 hour 13 minutes. Don't know if this is the GPS bug or a random reboot that other people are talking about