[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest dadashi

you mean that horrible turdy browser "skyfire" which contrary to adverts can't play sh*te... there is no such thing as skyplayer....

Edited by dadashi

Guest _amano

If you are in desperate need of flash then just beg Adobe for it or use an Eclair ROM.

But leave us alone here with your problem. Nobody can help you with that except for Adobe itself. Just demand a version for ARMv6. Write them an e-mail. Every day. Until they ship it. But stop your whining. Please.

Edited by _amano

Guest champrock

I just tried to flash CWM version LanceH had made for the audio fix.

I pressed "Install new ROM" from Rom manager and selected this fix. Selected "wipe dalvik cache". the phone rebooted, my phone backup was completed but there was an error when CWM was trying to install this fix. The phone rebooted automatically and it was too quick for me to see the complete error. Can you please tell how can I see a log of that error ?

Guest dadashi
If you are in desperate need of flash then just beg Adobe for it or use an Eclair ROM.

But leave us alone here with your problem. Nobody can help you with that except for Adobe itself. Just demand a version for ARMv6. Write them an e-mail. Every day. Until they ship it. But stop your whining. Please.

I'm not whining, I'm trying to make a point clear, I think I've managed that...

I'm sure many here would be over the moon if their CM7 SFs started playing flash tomorow....

Guest wbaw

I'm sure many here would be over the moon if their CM7 SFs started playing flash tomorow....

You're whining that the CM team can't do the impossible. You're also whining in the wrong place, nobody here can help you & nobody cares.

Tell Adobe about it.

Edited by wbaw

Guest sej7278
Yes, someone tell BBC please. If they can make an iPlayer app for iOS that doesn't require Flash then it shouldn't it be relatively simple to make one for most Android phones without Flash?

the bbc is so horribly in bed with proprietary vendors like microsoft and apple that they shun open standards every way they can. drm, drm, drm.

hell at one point they were pushing flash 10 purely because it wasn't available for linux, i'm surprised their whole website hasn't switched to requiring silverlight or activex or wmv11.

i wonder if get_iplayer works on android.....

Guest sej7278
Did some quick tests to compare boot up speed when overclocked to 652MHz compared to 600MHz.

650MHz was 10 seconds faster.

holy moly - you've saved 10secs per day? nice!

Guest ArcticFox

Just wiped and installed 82, then i rebooted into recovery and flashed the latest full gapps but i cant get the market installed what am i doing wrong.

Guest jeddy1
Just wiped and installed 82, then i rebooted into recovery and flashed the latest full gapps but i cant get the market installed what am i doing wrong.

set date and time and then connect to internet and it should show it for sure! if not then log in to ur google account and it will show up.

Guest jeddy1

off topic: why u get a blade and not a phone ARMv7 processor??

oh sorry i forget: bec it was cheap yes !! then dont complain.

is the battery life good in n81(already downloaded but not installed) or should i download and install n82?

Edited by jeddy1

Guest ArcticFox
set date and time and then connect to internet and it should show it for sure! if not then log in to ur google account and it will show up.

I just tried that still not working.

Guest k0zmic
the bbc is so horribly in bed with proprietary vendors like microsoft and apple that they shun open standards every way they can. drm, drm, drm.

hell at one point they were pushing flash 10 purely because it wasn't available for linux, i'm surprised their whole website hasn't switched to requiring silverlight or activex or wmv11.

i wonder if get_iplayer works on android.....

I can understand why they want DRM, to stop people in other countries accessing streams without paying the TV License fee or simply downloading their content.

holy moly - you've saved 10secs per day? nice!

Yup.

Guest mon3em

N79 was awesome with wifi .. now back to wifi wake up problem with N82 :P always wifi stuck on scanning and always you need turn it off and on to get connected

Edited by mon3em

is the battery life good in n81(already downloaded but not installed) or should i download and install n82?

Yes, battery life is massively improved with either N81 or N82 and the above in this thread mentioned new libaudio.so.

Edited by bhf

Guest frenchdroid
you mean that horrible turdy browser "skyfire" which contrary to adverts can't play sh*te... there is no such thing as skyplayer....

Thats odd that you say Skyfire isn't any good - I was using Skyfire the other day (in France) to watch a BBC4 programme I missed the other night. Seemed to be OK for me. By the way, chill out man - its only a phone.

Guest nunoar

Sorry for the offtopic but how do you watch bbc from outside the uk? I always try to find some streaming to watch formula 1 but often with no success.

Guest timfimjim

Currently running N74. Great performance, but like everyone else, not great battery life.

Here's my question... what would be the best compromise between battery life and performance - an overclocked SS or a normal (i.e. not overclocked) CM7?

Guest KACE_231
Sorry for the offtopic but how do you watch bbc from outside the uk? I always try to find some streaming to watch formula 1 but often with no success.

You cant cause it is illegal, rights are only for the UK

Guest _amano

The best compromise would be a current CM7 nightly with a fixed libaudio.so

@all overclockers:

I think that overclocking a development release does NOT help this very thread and the development process. Every problem could be due to excessive overclocking. Any crash, battery drain, shutdown etc. could be caused by that.

Thus please comment only if you verified your results with a regular clocked nightly.

Mabe Mr. Zeppelin should add that to the first post in this thread. I think that most people stopped whiping as well. Another bad habit.

Edited by _amano

Guest The_Duck
Seen that this is available all over the world so surely there should be people able to tell us how it fares in warmer temperatures. Anyone been using one in the Southern hemisphere's summer in December, January and February who can let us know?

Had no issues here in Oz with over heating. Having said that though, we have not had a scorching summer in Feb or early March. I have my Blade in a Arkon powered PDA mount on the dash in the sun on long drives etc but never had any issues, even with charging and playing tunes etc.

I have only ever really done some mild overclocking 650-700 Mhz max with the low end set at around 350 Mhz.

Also... it should be noted that this phone is definitely NOT available in Australia and anyone here who has one has got it from E-Bay or a relative living in a country that does have them. ZTE handsets in Australia are few and far between and even if they did get the Blade in, the price would be double what I paid for mine (including delivery from the UK etc). HTC Wildfire @ $250 outright vs Blade at $150 (inc shipping). No brainer really.

Duck

Edited by The_Duck

Guest chimas

Okay, Sorry if this has already been covered. But I tried using root explorer in an attempt to copy the libaudio file over to the system.

So here is my question. How do I go about putting this file into my system.

I was thinking about opening up the zip file, putting it in and zipping it back up.

Also my led lights are not working on n81

Edited by chimas