[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278

to the people with wifi disconnects since n160 - how do you reproduce that, i can't do it - i even tried turning on bluetooth.

does it disconnect when it turns the screen off, as that's normal. are you sure its the wifi going off, and not just market being down or something - do you have white/green signal or grey?

i've just tried with wep, are you using wpa? its not a shitty homehub again is it?

nearest i can get is the signal goes down a bit, but certainly not off completely.

Guest k0zmic

to the people with wifi disconnects since n160 - how do you reproduce that, i can't do it - i even tried turning on bluetooth.

Same for me, it seems fine and behaves the same as it did prior to N160. I use a Netgear router which also seems to have issues with the Blade, the connection is WPA. I do use static IP though.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest appolus

does it disconnect when it turns the screen off, as that's normal. are you sure its the wifi going off, and not just market being down or something - do you have white/green signal or grey?

i've just tried with wep, are you using wpa? its not a shitty homehub again is it?

nearest i can get is the signal goes down a bit, but certainly not off completely.

it just do it randomly when looking thru apps or browsing, it goes off and then on, its annoying. i use wpa2 security and its a belkin router.

btw i also do a full wipe when installing new rom

Edited by appolus

Guest appolus

Yes, use S2E from the Market.

i still cant find any ext partiton. it says data: 83mb ext:--

btw i also get FC on volume+ app for some reason

Edited by appolus

Guest k0zmic

i still cant find any ext partiton. it says data: 83mb ext:--

btw i also get FC on volume+ app for some reason

Do a backup.

Then Do a full wipe, install Gapps and then install S2E.

Maybe a full wipe will also fix the Volume+ force close.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest appolus

Do a backup.

Then Do a full wipe, install Gapps and then install S2E.

Maybe a full wipe will also fix the Volume+ force close.

its weird i did a full wipe before installing cm7

Guest k0zmic

its weird i did a full wipe before installing cm7

Did you install DarkTremor's A2SD scripts? It's because CM doesn't include A2SD by default.

I had a similar problem with A2SD when I installed A2SD GUI on CM7 even though I did flash the scripts. So I just full wiped and then used S2E and it was fine.

Guest sej7278

it just do it randomly when looking thru apps or browsing, it goes off and then on, its annoying. i use wpa2 security and its a belkin router.

i've got a feeling belkins (802.11N) suffer from the dhcp issue that the bt homehub has, have you tried static ip to see if it fixes it, or wep/wpa1/no encryption (temporarily) or another router, or going back to n159......?

Edited by sej7278

Guest sej7278

Anyone fancy a N161+ ?

USB charging patch and proximity sensor calibration patch show up as a new app called "ZTE Blade Settings".

post-839039-0-16911100-1313271916_thumb.

I didn't do the wpa_supplicant patch as there's doesn't seem to be a public patch from tom_g yet (on github/gerrit) and i'm not keen on just taking a patch from the issues tracker.

Oh I almost forgot, softbuttons too :D

Get if from the usual place

Guest appolus

Did you install DarkTremor's A2SD scripts? It's because CM doesn't include A2SD by default.

I had a similar problem with A2SD when I installed A2SD GUI on CM7 even though I did flash the scripts. So I just full wiped and then used S2E and it was fine.

if you mean this app http://www.xda-developers.com/android/a2sdgui-gui-for-darktremor-a2sd/

yes i did install it. it says i dont have any ext partition. its weird because i did partiton via cwm. 1024mb 0swap.

i've got a feeling belkins (802.11N) suffer from the dhcp issue that the bt homehub has, have you tried static ip to see if it fixes it, or wep/wpa1/no encryption (temporarily) or another router, or going back to n159......?

no its a belking 802.11G. i will try n159 now

Guest k0zmic

Anyone fancy a N161+ ?

USB charging patch and proximity sensor calibration patch show up as a new app called "ZTE Blade Settings".

Hooray, I've been using the temporary proximity patch and eagerly checking whether the Proximity patch has been merged.

Thanks a lot!

@Appolus.

I'm fairly sure you need to flash the .zip to install the scripts or it's not going to work, hence the reason it doesn't show the EXT partition.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest sej7278

the description for turning off progressbars in rommanager confused me, so i've had them enabled all this time and thought it was a cwm3 bug lol.

it seems cwm4 ignores that setting and always does the quick method. my nandroid takes 3mins too.

turns out cwm4 gets that rommanager setting backwards compared to cwm3 - 3 needs it ticked to go quickly, 4 needs it unticked!

essentially it checks for the existance of an empty file /sdcard/clockworkmod/.hidenandroidprogress

Edited by sej7278

Guest appolus

i get same wifi problem with n159 also :/

I also did a full wipe, installed n159 and gapps then installed s2e still no ext-partition :angry:

i tried the .zip but i got stuck on green andorid

cm7 is so good but this bugs drive me nuts

Edited by appolus

Guest u116040

I didn't do the wpa_supplicant patch as there's doesn't seem to be a public patch from tom_g yet (on github/gerrit) and i'm not keen on just taking a patch from the issues tracker.

Too bad :(

Edit: Hum, seems that only wpa_supplicant needs to be patched&compiled, can this be done easily ?

Any chance that you, or someone with a build environment, could provide it ? :unsure:

Edited by u116040

Guest Malfis

Came from GSF B19 to N161 and can't charge phone. It's stucked on 25%... It was wiped of course so don't know where is problem... There is a flash (lighting) whatsoever in that battery signalising that it is charging, but % don't rise .. hmm

Guest targetbsp

Whilst failing to sleep (me! not the phone :D ) I updated a load of my Tasker profiles to handle more complicated conditions I'd encountered throughout their use over the past several months. Except for one! I came up with a way to greatly simplify the profile for missed event led notifications. I know a few used my older ones and in light of the continued absence of led notifications in this since the kernel update, I'll share the new versions in case anyone wants.

Create a new profile and call it 'Unread Text'

Choose State -? App -> Unread text

Leave all the options default and add a new task

Click +, choose tasker and then a 'wait until' task

Set the time Interval to 20 seconds

Set the 'until' variable to 'profiles active' (variable name %PACTIVE)

Set the condition to doesn't match (!~)

Set the value to *Unread Text* (this value must match the profile name and is case sensitive and must be enclosed in asterisks)

Confirm the task and click the spanner/screwdriver icon

Tick keep device awake and confirm

Confirm the profile

This will activate a profile whenever you have an unread text and put the phone into a loop until itself is no longer active. Whilst in that loop the phone will stay awake (screen off) with power to the LED's so you know you've missed a text. As long as you have no missed texts, or within 20 seconds of you reading your missed text the phone will be allowed to sleep normally.

Obviously, whilst you have a missed call or text this will drain the battery - but at a rate a lot less than something like Noled last time I compared them.

You can repeat the above directions to setup a second profile for the missed call state. Make sure you choose the state and not the event for both of these notifications.

I also did a full wipe, installed n159 and gapps then installed s2e still no ext-partition :angry:

i tried the .zip but i got stuck on green andorid

cm7 is so good but this bugs drive me nuts

1. Create ext3 or ext4 partition on

sdcard (via Recovery or Rom Manager).

2. Install S2E and configure it.

3. Reboot.

Edited by De@n

Guest kai666

Which ever version I install of CM7, titanium backup amongst others will not download from the market.

I don't have this problem with GSF, it's really annoying me

Anyone know a solution?

Thanks

Guest sej7278

Came from GSF B19 to N161 and can't charge phone. It's stucked on 25%... It was wiped of course so don't know where is problem... There is a flash (lighting) whatsoever in that battery signalising that it is charging, but % don't rise .. hmm

have you tried using a usb cable to a pc? car chargers especially are shite and the wall charger isn't 100% reliable when the battery gets "stuck" like that.

Guest appolus

1. Create ext3 or ext4 partition on

sdcard (via Recovery or Rom Manager).

2. Install S2E and configure it.

3. Reboot.

i did create an partition via recovery, S2E and app2sdgui never finds the partiton.

Guest nuno-mc

I have a problem...

My phone inst the regular Blade, is the ZTE Libra but they share the same hardware so its ok..

But the Libra has a notification LED, in the return physical button, so far so good..

Currently I have the RC1(update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-signed) and when I receive a notification the LED lights up and stays on forever, only turns off when you read the notification.

The problem:

I dont know when it started in the nightlies, but I flashed n149 and n160 and the notification LED only lights up for a few secounds...

I didnt find anything in the configuration that changed that....

Is it possible the LED stays on forever in n149+?

Thanks

-Nuno