[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest u116040

Is "modprobe cifs" or "insmod /system/lib/modules/2.6.32.9-perf/cifs.ko" working on the latest nightlies ?

I'm getting an "Out of memory" error on N152 :mellow:

Actually, this is not working on n131 either and that's not a problem, false alert.

And CIFS Manager that I previously used don't work anymore. It is regular n152.

mount -t cifs required the -o user&password to work.

In CIFS Manager, "iocharset=utf8" option is causing a problem (shared library needed), though it was working on n131 (nls_utf8 removed since or I did something to make it work, but can't remember what).

no changes at all again on the changelog, something's wrong there.

As you noticed, there's no change related to Blade or CM in general, so it's ok ? :mellow:

Guest sm4tik

i got the new maps update last night, this morning it had eaten 20% of my battery due to sensor usage!

its starting to feel like i've got to build up a list of apps that if i use them i must remember to reboot before i go to bed (google reader is the wakelock king, which also got updated).

I had a problem with maps 5.8.0 where my phone was kept in a wierd half awake state. Only power button turned the screen on, but battery stats showed the phone awake 99%. Now with 5.9.0 I get the same big sensor reading as you, but apparently without the drain? I had to freeze 5.8.0, we'll see how it actually is with this update. I guess having a backup of the latest working maps would be a good idea, or having the good one installed in your system and then uninstalling the update if it's causing trouble.

Guest Psyloid

i installed N161 yesterday, and updated maps .... to the latest version, battery use is thru the roof !!! it only lasted 8 hours after a full charge with very little usage(with calibration)

battery stats showed loads of activity from maps :(

I think i can live without google maps now, i'm gonna remove it and see how it goes

previously when i used a gsf based rom and with similar use i got over two days from one charge ....

I don't think CM is to blame though

will keep you updated about how it goes without maps

Guest Psyloid

i installed N161 yesterday, and updated maps .... to the latest version, battery use is thru the roof !!! it only lasted 8 hours after a full charge with very little usage(with calibration)

battery stats showed loads of activity from maps :(

I think i can live without google maps now, i'm gonna remove it and see how it goes

previously when i used a gsf based rom and with similar use i got over two days from one charge ....

I don't think CM is to blame though

will keep you updated about how it goes without maps

after some googeling i read that being signed in to lattitude and having mobile data on the whole time causes excessive battery drain, so signing out of lattitude might solve the problem, since i don't need maps (i have copilot, and i can search places on the browser in maps) i'm keeping maps ditched though

stupid lattitude :P

Guest Clitheroe1

I installed CM7 N165 today , and no FC's or anything weird happend :lol:

I'm back because I got a tip that since N161 the battery drain is MUCH improved.

I can't tell at the moment , but it looks good :D

I just installed the Honeycream theme , and my Blade didn't looked any better before.

VERY NICE :P

I'm happy , and I think I did find what I was looking for ... a nice looking Blade, working fine , and hopefully battery drain lasts 2 days.

But I promise to test it for a week ... no tips needed about battery calibration , but thanks anyway B)

Looking forward to test a good working CM7 for the first time.

I think CM7 is very close to be the best rom now ...

I'm still on CM7 N128 as I gave up on installing new ROMs for just minor tweaks and fixes, many of which I didn't notice or make use of. However, an nightly that improves on the battery life would be a major advance so I'd be interested to hear your further experiences on this matter.

Guest Anil k Solanki

You'd like to think Google of all people would know what they were doing in writing apps. But apparently not. :D

Do you really believe your own statement? I am in no way affiliated with Google, but they do an awesome job. They have so many hardware platforms to support, so many screen resolutions, screen sizes, the list of variables is mind boggling. And the price to us? FREE.

Google make no money directly through ANDROID, they're an advertising company. Without Google, the choices would be, RIM, iOS, Windows 7, and WebOs. All but one are locked down, and only exist to sell hardware. Win7, it's too early to say.

So I for one am very glad Google are writing apps, even ones with a few holes here and there. Finally, just to be clear, I mean no disrespect to you. I simply wanted to add another point of view.

Anil.

Guest Plxply

I'm currently running N166, no reboots, lock-ups, battery drainage, or any funny business what so ever.

All good.

Anil.

Let me guess you did a full wipe? :D I don't know why everyone hates them, I do it for every single ROM I install, I purchased Titanium Backup so restore is no problem and I don't care for old SMS messages. I always prefer things to be "clean".

Guest Psyloid

still having battery drain after removing maps... went down 10% on a few hrs being idle all the time. now its a process called "0" that's eating it. will try n166 instead . foes anyone know what that 0 process is ?

Guest targetbsp

Do you really believe your own statement? I am in no way affiliated with Google, but they do an awesome job. They have so many hardware platforms to support, so many screen resolutions, screen sizes, the list of variables is mind boggling. And the price to us? FREE.

Google make no money directly through ANDROID, they're an advertising company. Without Google, the choices would be, RIM, iOS, Windows 7, and WebOs. All but one are locked down, and only exist to sell hardware. Win7, it's too early to say.

So I for one am very glad Google are writing apps, even ones with a few holes here and there. Finally, just to be clear, I mean no disrespect to you. I simply wanted to add another point of view.

Anil.

As far as I'm concerned, an Android phone is the single greatest product I have ever purchased and I love the Android OS. Their gapps though seem not so impressive. 10's of thousands of people seem able to write apps that don't drain the battery, can be moved to SD card, and are free. Googles indepth knowledge of their own OS should allow them to achieve at least that. So yes, I do stand by my statement. Thanks for asking. :D

Guest sej7278

As far as I'm concerned, an Android phone is the single greatest product I have ever purchased and I love the Android OS. Their gapps though seem not so impressive. 10's of thousands of people seem able to write apps that don't drain the battery, can be moved to SD card, and are free. Googles indepth knowledge of their own OS should allow them to achieve at least that. So yes, I do stand by my statement. Thanks for asking. :D

i've got to agree - reboots, wakelocks, sensors and battery drain seem to come mainly from google apps, and especially maps.

that said, some of their apps would be impressive on a pc, on a smartphone they're almost unbelievable.

Guest Anil k Solanki

Let me guess you did a full wipe? :D I don't know why everyone hates them, I do it for every single ROM I install, I purchased Titanium Backup so restore is no problem and I don't care for old SMS messages. I always prefer things to be "clean".

Hi Plxply, I haven't done a full wipe since N143. Now I simply let ROM Manager update the ROM, perform a backup and wipe the Dalvik cache. Too lazy to do a full wipe. Maybe I have a blessed device, because I have none of the battery drain issues reported by some here. I use the same poorly written Google maps app and it works as expected and doesn't drain the battery unexpectedly. :D

I wonder if, after a full wipe, and a clean install of the ROM and Google apps, with no other apps installed, does the battery drain still persist? It would be an interesting experiment. I will be giving my Blade to my girlfriend, and getting an Optimus 2X. Hopefully that handset will be just a problem free as my Blade.

I hope the battery drain issue others are experiencing is fixed. Anil.

Have anybody experienced that Wifi doesn't sleep (doesn't let the phone sleep) while the screen is turned off?

It causes ~75-80% wifi usage in Battery history... This is the 161+ ROM, but it was the same on n158...

Have anybody experienced that Wifi doesn't sleep (doesn't let the phone sleep) while the screen is turned off?

It causes ~75-80% wifi usage in Battery history... This is the 161+ ROM, but it was the same on n158...

Lol, some want the wifi always on (like me), and others want it off :) .

Go to wifi settings>menu>advanced> sleep policies " Sleep when screen is off" (don't know if this is 100% accurate, mine is in Portuguese)

;)

Guest The_Duck

Hi Guys,

Hopefully someone may have a simple fix for this.

My WiFi/3G/HSDPA icons (activity and signal strength) have stopped turning green, which I believe means that I am not logged into Google ? I still have both WiFi and 3G/HSDPA services as I can browse the web etc without any issue.

I'm not sure exactly when this started, ie after flashing a new nightly or similar. Interestingly I get strange behaviour in both GMail and Market apps. When I tap them to open, they appear to open then immediately close.

I also don't seem to have my Google account listed in Accounts and Sync in the Settings menu. I also don't have an option to add a Google account.

It seems almost like my Blade has been de-Googled.

When I log into the Market on a PC, it still shows that I have a ZTE Blade in my profile, alongside my ASUS Tablet which I got a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure that I still had green icon's a few days ago, so I don't believe the Transformer is the cause.

I have tried flashing and re-flashing the last few nightlies including clearing cache and Dalvik (currently on N165). I have NOT yet tried a full wipe and re-install, as this for me will be the last option.

Any thoughts ?

Duck

I am currently running nightly 101, and stopped updating when things went wrong with the initial radio implementation. That is all sorted now, and there have been other improvements since, so I thought I might update (though 101 is working brilliantly for me).

I have been trying to keep up with the thread, but there are 2 things that I am unsure of... Is there still unusually high battery drain associated with wifi, and is the notification LED working? Thanks in advance!

Guest ThrashMan

I have a thought for you: read the instructions on how to install CM ROMS :P

Hi Guys,

Hopefully someone may have a simple fix for this.

My WiFi/3G/HSDPA icons (activity and signal strength) have stopped turning green, which I believe means that I am not logged into Google ? I still have both WiFi and 3G/HSDPA services as I can browse the web etc without any issue.

I'm not sure exactly when this started, ie after flashing a new nightly or similar. Interestingly I get strange behaviour in both GMail and Market apps. When I tap them to open, they appear to open then immediately close.

I also don't seem to have my Google account listed in Accounts and Sync in the Settings menu. I also don't have an option to add a Google account.

It seems almost like my Blade has been de-Googled.

When I log into the Market on a PC, it still shows that I have a ZTE Blade in my profile, alongside my ASUS Tablet which I got a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure that I still had green icon's a few days ago, so I don't believe the Transformer is the cause.

I have tried flashing and re-flashing the last few nightlies including clearing cache and Dalvik (currently on N165). I have NOT yet tried a full wipe and re-install, as this for me will be the last option.

Any thoughts ?

Duck