[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

Unless it's the slow mode that's faster. I didn't time that. Are you using the backup mode where it list all the files it's backing up and has a moving progress bar?

That mode certainly has room for improvement. I can't believe drawing a progress bar needs twice as much cpu time as actually carrying out the task!

uff.. i think i messed my phone..

i had installed N178, since i got the

Error while downloading "[app name]" There is insufficient space on the device.

market error, i tried to wipe everything and install N179. so i wiped:

• Under advanced:
    • Dalvik cache
    • Under mount and storage:
      • Format /system
      • Format /cache
      • Format /data
      • Format /boot

[*]Under main menu

[*]wipe user data

[*]wipe cache

after that, i've installed N179. when the phone boots, it looks like it remebers something from last installation: he doesn't ask to register a google account, there is no tutorial and so on. it is also missing market apk. also, if i try to install Titanium Backup with an apk (downloaded from official site), it recognize that i have the TB pro key (although i haven't installed yet). if i go to settings -> account & sync, i can't add a google account. only an exchange account.

having all those issues, i decided to change rom and go gignerbread stir rom B21. so i did again all the wiping i've elenced above and installed the new rom. after booting, everything goes fine. i can add a google account, there is market, etc. anyway, having a look at the rom i discover i prefer CM, so i decide to reinstall N179 again. so i do all the wiping again and i install N179. after this, i return exactly in the situation i've explained before.. this has no sense, don't know what to do

Guest danieljtmcleod1989

uff.. i think i messed my phone..

i had installed N178, since i got the

Error while downloading "[app name]" There is insufficient space on the device.

market error, i tried to wipe everything and install N179. so i wiped:

• Under advanced:
    • Dalvik cache
    • Under mount and storage:
      • Format /system
      • Format /cache
      • Format /data
      • Format /boot

[*]Under main menu

[*]wipe user data

[*]wipe cache

after that, i've installed N179. when the phone boots, it looks like it remebers something from last installation: he doesn't ask to register a google account, there is no tutorial and so on. it is also missing market apk. also, if i try to install Titanium Backup with an apk (downloaded from official site), it recognize that i have the TB pro key (although i haven't installed yet). if i go to settings -> account & sync, i can't add a google account. only an exchange account.

having all those issues, i decided to change rom and go gignerbread stir rom B21. so i did again all the wiping i've elenced above and installed the new rom. after booting, everything goes fine. i can add a google account, there is market, etc. anyway, having a look at the rom i discover i prefer CM, so i decide to reinstall N179 again. so i do all the wiping again and i install N179. after this, i return exactly in the situation i've explained before.. this has no sense, don't know what to do

You need to install gapps

Guest sej7278

Unless it's the slow mode that's faster. I didn't time that. Are you using the backup mode where it list all the files it's backing up and has a moving progress bar?

That mode certainly has room for improvement. I can't believe drawing a progress bar needs twice as much cpu time as actually carrying out the task!

i think its actually all the scrolling text that slows it down not the progressbar - same goes for tar on regular linux, if you use the -v flag it takes forever.

You need to install gapps

thanks..it was really simple, but i've installed many nightlies and this is the first time it happens.. i wasted a full afternoon on this..

Guest sej7278

thanks..it was really simple, but i've installed many nightlies and this is the first time it happens.. i wasted a full afternoon on this..

it happens intermittently, for some reason gapps just get "lost". rommanager used to ask if you wanted to install gapps when flashing at one point i thought.....?

it happens intermittently, for some reason gapps just get "lost". rommanager used to ask if you wanted to install gapps when flashing at one point i thought.....?

no, it didn't. actually, i installed all the version through rebooting in recovery mode and using clockwork 5.0.1.0

Atleast this time it was because Ficus chose to do a fresh install by formatting the whole phone. I haven't looked at the updater-script of CM but judging by this instance, it doesn't format /system prior to copying all files. This ofc is nice with things like ssh etc, but may cause problems if there are some user-created files conflicting with the new install.

Hey all

For anyone relying on Bluetooth car connectivity, n177 still exhibits the same issues that n171 introduced :(.

Cheers, Paul

Which was?

Hi Tom G

My original post was

Moved up from n166 to n171 last night & am having Bluetooth connectivity issues today with my car kit, has anyone else noticed this?

It'll connect momentarily & then the Bluetooth symbol on the status bar disappears & connection is lost.

It's not the same issue as previously where Bluetooth would only connect while the phone was awake.

I haven't carried out a full wipe as yet, thought I'd check to see if it was a general issue first.

Following this I did attempt install after a full wipe with the same result with n171 & n177.

Hope this info is of use :)

Cheers Paul

Just for curiosity, for those who have problems, which car kit do you have?

I have a Ford Fiesta with in-built Bluetooth and the only thing I had to do (only when the BT problems started) was to pair it again with the car radio, no more problems.

Hi Tom G

My original post was

Following this I did attempt install after a full wipe with the same result with n171 & n177.

Hope this info is of use :)

Cheers Paul

Try deleting /system/bin/abtfilt (it'll still try to start it, but shouldn't impact anything when it fails). Possibly caused by this.

Guest sej7278

Lets hope this new kernel source has the blade config. Maybe its wednesday soon.

only kernel/arch/arm/configs/msm7627_skate_defconfig but it has plenty of references to other devices, and its not the same as the .config someone ripped from a running OMC and a lot different to the gingerleak.

# CONFIG_MACH_BLADE is not set

# CONFIG_MACH_MOONCAKE is not set

# CONFIG_MACH_V9 is not set

# CONFIG_MACH_RAISE is not set

# CONFIG_MACH_JOE is not set

# CONFIG_MACH_R750 is not set

# CONFIG_MACH_IBOX is not set

# CONFIG_MACH_AMIGO is not set

# CONFIG_MACH_SMOOTH is not set

# CONFIG_MACH_JOECDMA is not set

# CONFIG_ZTE_TURIES is not set

Edited by sej7278

Guest brickornot

only kernel/arch/arm/configs/msm7627_skate_defconfig but it has plenty of references to other devices, and its the same as the .config someone ripped from a running OMC and a lot different to the gingerleak.

# CONFIG_MACH_BLADE is not set

# CONFIG_MACH_MOONCAKE is not set

# CONFIG_MACH_V9 is not set

# CONFIG_MACH_RAISE is not set

# CONFIG_MACH_JOE is not set

# CONFIG_MACH_R750 is not set

# CONFIG_MACH_IBOX is not set

# CONFIG_MACH_AMIGO is not set

# CONFIG_MACH_SMOOTH is not set

# CONFIG_MACH_JOECDMA is not set

# CONFIG_ZTE_TURIES is not set

Please compile it with DM CRYPT SUPPORT to be able to run LUKS MANAGER (cryptsetup,Have a kernel that supports secure dm-crypt modes (CONFIG_DM_CRYPT) and loopback devices)

on it ( i am able to run luks manager on cm N178 and it runs great )

it is like Truecrypt.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nemesis2.luksmanager

Guest Martin_cz

Hi,

I'm running on CM7 and would like to ask few questions regarding partitioning and S2E. If someone has enough patience to answer me I would be happy.

#1 What's the benefit of using S2E instead of using internal apps2sd from cyanogen mod? Both of them do the same thing (from my noob point of view).

#2 I did prepare my SD card for use with S2E. Made 2 additional partitions. S2E application now allows me to move applications - so I guess I was successful. However before I begin I would like to make sure I did it right:

1GB of ext3 partition. Label name: "AndroidApps"; Cluster size: 2K

32MB of ext3 partition for linux swap. Label name:"", Cluster size: 1K

Do you think it's O.K.? I guess my 1GB ext3 partition is O.K. as S2E sees it. but how do I check that partition for linux swap works?

Thanks for any answer.

hi.. i just installed N179 i did a full wipe and i mean full wipe cache dalvik factory reset boot data system format, everything is ok except wifi keeps dropping... i dont even have to go away and come back.. im connected and suddenly im disconnected and i have to reconnect again manually... and second problem i need to turn gps on off like three times before it actually starts working in apps like maps etc. ... is this a known issue or its just me? any fix? thx

Hi,

I'm running on CM7 and would like to ask few questions regarding partitioning and S2E. If someone has enough patience to answer me I would be happy.

#1 What's the benefit of using S2E instead of using internal apps2sd from cyanogen mod? Both of them do the same thing (from my noob point of view).

#2 I did prepare my SD card for use with S2E. Made 2 additional partitions. S2E application now allows me to move applications - so I guess I was successful. However before I begin I would like to make sure I did it right:

1GB of ext3 partition. Label name: "AndroidApps"; Cluster size: 2K

32MB of ext3 partition for linux swap. Label name:"", Cluster size: 1K

Do you think it's O.K.? I guess my 1GB ext3 partition is O.K. as S2E sees it. but how do I check that partition for linux swap works?

Thanks for any answer.

1.) Things like widgets can be moved off internal memory and still work. It can also gain you a bit of extra space compared to Apps2SD

2.) You don't need a swap partition but it shouldn't be problem keeping it.

hi.. i just installed N179 i did a full wipe and i mean full wipe cache dalvik factory reset boot data system format, everything is ok except wifi keeps dropping... i dont even have to go away and come back.. im connected and suddenly im disconnected and i have to reconnect again manually... and second problem i need to turn gps on off like three times before it actually starts working in apps like maps etc. ... is this a known issue or its just me? any fix? thx

Haven't tried N179 but in previous releases it's fine so if I were you I would try another wipe and re-flash.

Guest danieljtmcleod1989

I've tried installing n179 twice (updated from n176 and a clean install), but either way when I install gapps market and google account don't install. Do I need the new market or am doing something really nooby here?

Source code of gingr is now ON

http://support.zte.com.cn/support/(S(fbtz4d45d4sn2um05sddbq2a))/news/NewsDetail.aspx?newsId=1001222

when it will be used for cm ? (estimation)

thanks.

When it's ready, which could be never. There are likely to be some problems with it which could take a while to work through, at the moment it has graphical issues which badly effect performance and make it unusable.

Please compile it with DM CRYPT SUPPORT to be able to run LUKS MANAGER (cryptsetup,Have a kernel that supports secure dm-crypt modes (CONFIG_DM_CRYPT) and loopback devices)

on it ( i am able to run luks manager on cm N178 and it runs great )

it is like Truecrypt.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nemesis2.luksmanager

DM CRYPT and loopback devices are needed for android's sd apps implementation, so anything since 2.2 should have it enabled already.