[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest JolyonS
i tried "lunch cyanogen_blade && make -j8" and that took 22mins, but it doesn't make a full flashable zip, just the img files, brunch doesn't take "-j<whatever>" as an argument anymore, so i've tried editing the mka command in envsetup.sh, which is generating "make -j8 bacon" in the process list. oddly enough its made not a minute's difference it still takes 28mins, i guess as mka already uses schedtool

its looking like your average 8gb quad core can handle ICS just fine, no need to buy shares in newegg

Brunch, lunch, bacon, Newegg, Ice Cream Sandwich - I am now very hungry.

since some days ago, my blade stopped sending sms. when i try to send an sms, it stays on "sending..." and nothing happens. since i discovered this issue today (and i saw i didn't send many sms in the previous days..), i can't remember if i changed anything particular prior the first time this issue appeared.

i had n141, then today (trying to fix this issue) i updated to sej's n257+ without wiping, and the problem persists. do you know how to fix this? it's kinda a big problem that i can't send sms...thanks

Edited by Ficus

Guest Carbonize

since some days ago, my blade stopped sending sms. when i try to send an sms, it stays on "sending..." and nothing happens. since i discovered this issue today (and i saw i didn't send many sms in the previous days..), i can't remember if i changed anything particular prior the first time this issue appeared.

i had n141, then today (trying to fix this issue) i updated to sej's n257+ without wiping, and the problem persists. do you know how to fix this? it's kinda a big problem that i can't send sms...thanks

Have you stopped anything with Autostart or similar? I had the same issue after I accidentally stopped Handcent from being started when the phone booted up.

Have you stopped anything with Autostart or similar? I had the same issue after I accidentally stopped Handcent from being started when the phone booted up.

yes, actually a couple of days ago i used rom toolbox to remove the default app "messaging" from autostart,

i re-enabled all apps at autostart, rebooted phone multiple times, started a new thread in the messaging app, but the issue remains. do i need to reinstall the messaging app?

Guest hugobosslives

yes, actually a couple of days ago i used rom toolbox to remove the default app "messaging" from autostart,

i re-enabled all apps at autostart, rebooted phone multiple times, started a new thread in the messaging app, but the issue remains. do i need to reinstall the messaging app?

have you rebooted?

Guest hugobosslives

Clearly states he rebooted a couple of times.

@Ficus - Uninstall and reinstall your chosen messaging app.

sorry completely missed that. i read it quickly as he re-started the app. ignore me. too much skyrim makes you tired smile.gif

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I finally worked out that ICS is Ice Cream Sandwich and not Internet Connection Sharing (aka tethering) - I was wondering what the big deal with ICS was.

Fair Enough.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe the time has come for a NEW THREAD FOR ICS.

Because development of CM7.2 and CM9 is continuing concurrently, it seems untidy to have discussion of the completely unreleased and unfinished project CM9 preventing people from seeing the discussion on CM7.

Do I have a consensus? If I make a new thread for CM9, will people use it?

Guest The Soup Thief

Go for it hedgepigdaniel

Maybe grab the first few posts so you can set up a link to the CyanogenMod pages as Victor did in post one of this thread

built n257+2 with patch4, get it from the usual place

to test it out i restored proximity to default, rebooted and calibrated and it generated "7843,6274,238,238,246,0,0,16,32", much higher than i used to get, but they do seem to work.

autobrightness seems to work again - and light sensor actually returns values like 96/200 now not -1/1 like it did with patch3. i didn't bother with changing the levels.

other than the kernel its pretty much the same as n257+ with the patches listed in my sig below.

hi sej

i flash this rom, but FocalTech Touchscreen can't work again.

Guest sej7278

i flash this rom, but FocalTech Touchscreen can't work again.

are you sure - have you rebooted at least once? focaltech was fixed ages ago and seems odd its not in this kernel?

what's your phone model - new blade with 5mp camera, or chinese v880 or something?

in patch2 there was a synaptics touchscreen fix, its possible it broke focaltech in patch4 i guess.

did you try any of the other builds like n257+ or n256+ ? has it been working in the regular nightlies?

Edited by sej7278

are you sure - have you rebooted at least once? focaltech was fixed ages ago and seems odd its not in this kernel?

what's your phone model - new blade with 5mp camera, or chinese v880 or something?

in patch2 there was a synaptics touchscreen fix, its possible it broke focaltech in patch4 i guess.

did you try any of the other builds like n257+ or n256+ ? has it been working in the regular nightlies?

Yes, i have a v880 .

256+2 works fine.

257+2 not work

regular 256 not test

Edited by olol

Guest MidaMilunk

I have tried 257+2 yesterday, but light sensor does not work at all! Always provide -1/-1 in CM-setting/auto brightness, Elixir2 also reports 0.0 lux all the time.

Tried flashing over 257+, AND after a full wipe also, but in both cases it behaves the same.

Proximity is OK.

sorry been away for a dew days, hard to keep up with this thread.

so the -1 light sensor issue is a known problem in 24Oct build then? can i update to newest sej build without wiping?

Guest sej7278

Yes, i have a v880 .

256+2 works fine.

257+2 not work

regular 256 not test

can you try the regular n257, and can you see the kernel version in n256+2, i can't remember it.

Guest sej7278

sorry been away for a dew days, hard to keep up with this thread.

so the -1 light sensor issue is a known problem in 24Oct build then? can i update to newest sej build without wiping?

lol, was it still broken back then?! its fixed for me in my n257+2 no wipe required.

Guest sej7278

I have tried 257+2 yesterday, but light sensor does not work at all! Always provide -1/-1 in CM-setting/auto brightness, Elixir2 also reports 0.0 lux all the time.

Tried flashing over 257+, AND after a full wipe also, but in both cases it behaves the same.

Proximity is OK.

can you get a logcat/kmsg or something, tom_g's getting a bit upset over on gerrit, i don't think this issue will ever be fixable for all models.

have you also got auto-brightness enabled in the regular android display settings, as you need it set there and in cyanogenmod.

did you reset proximity to defaults, reboot and then calibrate?

what kind of phone do you have - is it a v880, new 5mp blade, old gen1 oled, gen2 tft.....?

did you try the regular n257?

we've got to stop moaning if we're not providing any useful information folks, one sure fire way to lose devs.

Edited by sej7278

Clearly states he rebooted a couple of times.

@Ficus - Uninstall and reinstall your chosen messaging app.

after uninstalling and rebooting and reinstalling it worked again.

thanks a lot for your help :)

Guest Thunderdigital

can you get a logcat/kmsg or something, tom_g's getting a bit upset over on gerrit, i don't think this issue will ever be fixable for all models.

have you also got auto-brightness enabled in the regular android display settings, as you need it set there and in cyanogenmod.

what kind of phone do you have - is it a v880, new 5mp blade, old gen1 oled, gen2 tft.....?

we've got to stop moaning if we're not providing any useful information folks, one sure fire way to lose devs.

Light sensor on GEN2TFT (Vodafone-Hungary) the n257+2 is working fine.

Guest MidaMilunk

- Of course I can. I will try it again, and if it is still approppriate, I will provide som elogcat.

- Yes

- No, not exactly this order I guess, this is why I am to repeat the test.

- European 3MP/TFT - Gen1, TPT to Gen2

- Yes I did, it behave the same, as 257+ (not +2), so it gave strange values, but not always 0.0lux, or -1 in CM settings.

Thanks dealing with my problem, I will come back when I can answer all questions!

p.s. The most interesting thing is, that I have never ever had any problem before (n257) with the light sensor! I loved CM7s customisable settings for the auto brightness. With 257 (and plus mutations) my only problem is just this one. And I know only one more: tha camera always captures full frame, so it ignores the zoom state - but this does not bother me at all.

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest Pieniek

Guys, I have huge problem now.

I was on 257+ and messed sth up with build.prop and sth else, desiced to do a backup of apps and do full wipe and install 257+ again. When i done that, i booted straight to adw homescreen, the "Touch the android screen" didnt show up. And i figured out i CAN'T add a google accout, it jump to Exchange accout. Also i dont have market, TitaniumBackup FC's etc. I formated /system, wiped again and the same thing happened. I have European TFT Gen1->Gen2 TPT.

What can I do?! Please help me, i was changing nigtlys many many times and this is the first time this happened.

Maybe i must change partition? I have 140 system/319 data. It worked with all nightlys, with 257+ too.

Edited by Pieniek

Guest sej7278

p.s. The most interesting thing is, that I have never ever had any problem before (n257) with the light sensor! I loved CM7s customisable settings for the auto brightness. With 257 (and plus mutations) my only problem is just this one. And I know only one more: tha camera always captures full frame, so it ignores the zoom state - but this does not bother me at all.

some new lights lib stuff got merged on 20th october, so would be in the regular n257, and the even newer lights stuff is in the 256/257 "plus" builds.

so really you need to find a regular nightly before 20th october but after 26th september (when 2.6.35 kernel got merged) to see if it works with that, then we could see which of the 3 kernels is breaking it for you.

or it might just be easier to send over some logs lol! logcat script

Guest targetbsp

Guys, I have huge problem now.

I was on 257+ and messed sth up with build.prop and sth else, desiced to do a backup of apps and do full wipe and install 257+ again. When i done that, i booted straight to adw homescreen, the "Touch the android screen" didnt show up. And i figured out i CAN'T add a google accout, it jump to Exchange accout. Also i dont have market, TitaniumBackup FC's etc. I formated /system, wiped again and the same thing happened. I have European TFT Gen1->Gen2 TPT.

What can I do?! Please help me, i was changing nigtlys many many times and this is the first time this happened.

Maybe i must change partition? I have 140 system/319 data. It worked with all nightlys, with 257+ too.

Sounds like you simply forgot to install GAPPS rather than anything drastic. :)