[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

notification led is a battery drainer? or android notification?

the notification led will drain a little battery but only when you have a missed call/text until you check it. You can disable the feature in CM Settings if it's a problem for you.

Guest targetbsp

Video of touch recovery here:

very few phones have it yet!

On another subject

My phone can't play some mp4 videos. It can some but not others and I'm not sure what the difference is between working ones and not working ones. I've known this for ages and it's never bothered me before but now I have a game I want to play and can't cause the intro won't work!

Any idea's? Anyone else have this issue? Is it a CM problem or happen in all roms?

This become irrelevant as they added the ability to skip the intro. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

nothing wrong with it.. it runs smoothly on nightly 220 (exact same version). and as stupid as it may sound it's the only game I play (and my girlfriend too) so without it I just keep going back to nightly 220.

also the game menu animations on "Backgammon" from "AI factory" are slower on the latest KANG, so it gotta be something wrong with the KANGs, as it happens with not only 1 game.

also I'll be glad if someone else could test it to verify.

I have their checkers game and it does the same but only on the initial load. Later returns to the main menu from the game render fine so it seems to have trouble smoothly animating the menu whilst loading. This is almost certainly a different issue from the bubble game. Do you have the same version of the game on both roms? I'm wondering if the one on n220 is out of date and you downloaded a newer one onto your latest rom after wiping. if it's definitely the rom, I don't have much of a suggestion for you. That version is months old and unless another fan of that game can narrow down where exactly it slowed up it's going to be hard to know what change caused it. So you'd be pretty much limited to sticking with the older rom, trying lots of nightlies to work out where it broke or choosing another puzzle bobble clone (there are literally hundreds of them!)

I've got 69 game installed on my phone atm and they all run fine to my knowledge so there's not anything inherently wrong with games. Just selected titles if anything.

The only game I've encountered personally that's compatible with ARMv6 and runs surprisingly laggy (ie isn't insanely detailed 3d that i'd expect to be slow!) is Giovanni's Nightmare. But it's new so I'm not sure how well it would run on older nightlies.

[edit]

Tried Shoot Bubble Deluxe in N257 and it seemed lag free, so it does indeed seem to have broken since they officially stopped making CM7 nightlies. It was still far from the smoothest animated game I've seen though! And the AI factory games still had the same jerky loading screen issue so it does seem unrelated.

[edit2]

Actually, it's only the first ball that lags for me in the latest CM7. Is yours laggy all the time? Unless it's the general lack of smoothness your commenting about and it was smooth back in N220 days? Maybe we do need a video to see what you mean. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Looking at the file, here's my next test. If this does what I think it will, there will be no blowup but the fade will still be present. I can live with that :) Starting from line 963:

...snip...

If it works, maybe someone can clean it up as I dont think it's necessary to have an AnimationSet if there's only one type of animation left (alpha). ..I would do it if I knew howto ;)

Just to confirm it works, but it's a bit boring with alpha fade only. When I build the next time, I'll be changing the blowup into a shrinking animation and see how it looks.

Guest JayGB1982

based on the "scientific method" of most QA guys i've worked with, testing something works once is enough to prove anything, testing multiple times is positively OCD.

most of them shared an office with the "if it builds, ship it" developers.

and before you ask, no i've not worked with ZTE :D

Hi sej :)

I just booted up my blade today for the first time in about 3 months... I thought it had died but touchscreen now is working :)

I'm on an old build N171+, I clicked the klink in your signature but couldn't see the latest nightly from yourself.

Where is the latest build hosted? Anyone got a mirror?

As I've not been on here in a while... What are the recent changes I should be made aware of?

Guest sej7278

Hi sej :)

I just booted up my blade today for the first time in about 3 months... I thought it had died but touchscreen now is working :)

I'm on an old build N171+, I clicked the klink in your signature but couldn't see the latest nightly from yourself.

Where is the latest build hosted? Anyone got a mirror?

As I've not been on here in a while... What are the recent changes I should be made aware of?

there's a multiupload mirror a page or two back somewhere.

coming from n171+ jees a changelog would take pages! did that even have 2.6.35 kernel?

nightlies stopped working months ago, 7.1 went stable in october, we're on 7.2 now, which apparently will go stable before cm9 is released.

i dunno, just do a nandroid backup and try 26jan out, no need to wipe data just dalvik (might have to recalibrate the light sensor).

Guest JayGB1982

there's a multiupload mirror a page or two back somewhere.

coming from n171+ jees a changelog would take pages! did that even have 2.6.35 kernel?

nightlies stopped working months ago, 7.1 went stable in october, we're on 7.2 now, which apparently will go stable before cm9 is released.

i dunno, just do a nandroid backup and try 26jan out, no need to wipe data just dalvik (might have to recalibrate the light sensor).

The Kernel on N179+ , is 2.6.32. I got it wrong I'm on 179+ not 171 ;)

I am currently downloading update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-26jan-signed.zip and the undervolt kernel patch. How do I enable the Kernel patch? I take it the ROM out of the box does not allow undervolting but the patch includes the undervolt table etc... So it'll just work?

Are there any other patches / fixes I should be aware of?

I currently have an issue with 179+ which I hope has been fixed. When the screen goes off using 3G / Wifi tether the connection is lost. Does this occur when using the latest ROM?

Thanks for your work on this ROM though good to see development is still going ahead.

I read on a few pages back that you might be looking for a new Phone? The Xperia play has some good development ;) Maybe you should join in? ;)

Guest Maxsas360

The Kernel on N179+ , is 2.6.32. I got it wrong I'm on 179+ not 171 ;)

I am currently downloading update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-26jan-signed.zip and the undervolt kernel patch. How do I enable the Kernel patch? I take it the ROM out of the box does not allow undervolting but the patch includes the undervolt table etc... So it'll just work?

Are there any other patches / fixes I should be aware of?

I currently have an issue with 179+ which I hope has been fixed. When the screen goes off using 3G / Wifi tether the connection is lost. Does this occur when using the latest ROM?

Thanks for your work on this ROM though good to see development is still going ahead.

I read on a few pages back that you might be looking for a new Phone? The Xperia play has some good development ;) Maybe you should join in? ;)

You just have to do the full wipe and flash the rom. The patch is not needed. It's used when you compile the rom manually.

@JayGB1982

There was discussion of wifi tethering a short while ago and it was confirmed the connection was lost when screen turned off. There was however an app that was recommended here. Probably the only thing you have to know is the proximity sensor calibration (settings -> device settings), but sej already mentioned it. Calibrate it if your screen stays blank after a call. For me calibration fails in direct sunlight, but you should get the best results under a bright light. Hit the calibration button and wait until it says it's calibrated. Don't cover the sensor while doing it.

Edited by sm4tik

I have their checkers game and it does the same but only on the initial load. Later returns to the main menu from the game render fine so it seems to have trouble smoothly animating the menu whilst loading. This is almost certainly a different issue from the bubble game. Do you have the same version of the game on both roms? I'm wondering if the one on n220 is out of date and you downloaded a newer one onto your latest rom after wiping. if it's definitely the rom, I don't have much of a suggestion for you. That version is months old and unless another fan of that game can narrow down where exactly it slowed up it's going to be hard to know what change caused it. So you'd be pretty much limited to sticking with the older rom, trying lots of nightlies to work out where it broke or choosing another puzzle bobble clone (there are literally hundreds of them!)

I've got 69 game installed on my phone atm and they all run fine to my knowledge so there's not anything inherently wrong with games. Just selected titles if anything.

The only game I've encountered personally that's compatible with ARMv6 and runs surprisingly laggy (ie isn't insanely detailed 3d that i'd expect to be slow!) is Giovanni's Nightmare. But it's new so I'm not sure how well it would run on older nightlies.

[edit]

Tried Shoot Bubble Deluxe in N257 and it seemed lag free, so it does indeed seem to have broken since they officially stopped making CM7 nightlies. It was still far from the smoothest animated game I've seen though! And the AI factory games still had the same jerky loading screen issue so it does seem unrelated.

[edit2]

Actually, it's only the first ball that lags for me in the latest CM7. Is yours laggy all the time? Unless it's the general lack of smoothness your commenting about and it was smooth back in N220 days? Maybe we do need a video to see what you mean. :D

I have Frozen Bubble, which runs perfectly and IMHO is an excellent clone.

Edited by Stu C

Guest sej7278

Just to confirm it works, but it's a bit boring with alpha fade only. When I build the next time, I'll be changing the blowup into a shrinking animation and see how it looks.

nice work. i've made a patch and will try it myself in a bit. i'm not sure reducing the scale will help performance, i guess it may. i assume just make the 7.5f's smaller numbers here:

trans1 = new ScaleAnimation(1.0f, 7.5f, 1.0f, 7.5f, Animation.RELATIVE_TO_SELF, 0.5f, Animation.RELATIVE_TO_SELF, 0.5f);

i was trying to think of a way to make it configurable, but it would make a much bigger patch to apply then (CMParts etc.) and even if you made it a new ringlock you'd still have to patch a lot of files. its a shame the lockscreen names are hardcoded and not just discoverable.

i'm going to have a look at the new blade lockscreen which just seems to be a "chiseled" looking ringlock, so probably has the same performance issues, but i guess would be fixed by the same patch (as would all ringlocks).

edit: just to confirm the patch also applies to blade ringlock, but not holo it seems. holo doesn't really have bad performance as its just mono.

basic_ringlock.patch.zip

Edited by sej7278

@sej7278

i am happily using your build of 26jan but i am having trouble trying to center the clock in the middle of the statusbar on your build i have tried apkmanager, theme patcher and apktool but all have failed any heads up if this is possible using this build of cm7?

i have tested the rom and have had no trouble so far great work mate :)

Guest sej7278

@sej7278

i am happily using your build of 26jan but i am having trouble trying to center the clock in the middle of the statusbar on your build i have tried apkmanager, theme patcher and apktool but all have failed any heads up if this is possible using this build of cm7?

i have tested the rom and have had no trouble so far great work mate :)

i thought that was a compile-time patch, probably not possible afterwards. as i recall it was being considered as part of the transparent statusbar patch, but only certain themes support it and neither of the defaults do.

my build's softbuttons and miui battery bar probably conflict with any post-compile framework patching app.

Guest sej7278

new 31jan build with the blade ringlock style. i like it, especially with the minimal "one ring" unlock without the mute button. for some reason when i get an incoming call it reverts to the default ringlock style

i also applied a sm4tik's changes to remove the "explosion" part of the ringlock animation, so it looks smoother, although a bit basic. the patch works on the blade, bubble and revamped styles but not holo.

i patched the kernel with the 2-way call recording but didn't bother with the undervolting.

plus the usual miui battery bar (with colour preferences) and softbuttons.

usual place. note that you don't have to apply the patches, they're for if you're compiling yourself.

Guest bahteles

sej7278, honestly GREAT work!

runs soo smooth and more fast, i'm trying the last 31, love it ^-^

only 1 question, i'm trying to play Assassin's Creed and GT Academy, (with Chainfire 3D) and they crash to launcher ou reboot the system....

and i have this problem with CMD 7.1 too

maybe is the SD card?

thanks man!

i patched the kernel with the 2-way call recording but didn't bother with the undervolting.

Um can you also make one with the UV kernel or should I flash the UV kernel which someone had post few pages back?

I am asking about this cause the UV has really helped to extend my battery life by A LOT...

new 31jan build with the blade ringlock style. i like it, especially with the minimal "one ring" unlock without the mute button. for some reason when i get an incoming call it reverts to the default ringlock style

i also applied a sm4tik's changes to remove the "explosion" part of the ringlock animation, so it looks smoother, although a bit basic. the patch works on the blade, bubble and revamped styles but not holo.

plus the usual miui battery bar (with colour preferences) and softbuttons.

usual place. note that you don't have to apply the patches, they're for if you're compiling yourself.

Hello!

Do you think it is worth upgrading from 26jan to this one? And if so, is it enough to wipe dalvik? :)

Thank you for you work!

Guest sej7278

Um can you also make one with the UV kernel or should I flash the UV kernel which someone had post few pages back?

if you really think the uv kernel helped, then yes you could flash that kernel using the boot.img that targetbsp prepared for the 26jan build.

Do you think it is worth upgrading from 26jan to this one? And if so, is it enough to wipe dalvik? :)

not really, the 31jan is mainly just to test the ring lockscreens.

You can select the incoming call ring style in a tab below the lock screen style. :)

Guest targetbsp

only 1 question, i'm trying to play Assassin's Creed and GT Academy, (with Chainfire 3D) and they crash to launcher ou reboot the system....

and i have this problem with CMD 7.1 too

The workaround for making Gameloft games work on the Blade hasn't worked in CM7 for me for a while now. :(

Are there any screenshots or video of the new Blade lock screen?