[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest redironman
updated from rc4 to cm7 stable, first impression is good good, but when I charged via wall charger, phone just hanged, when I unplugged the charger, it reboots, I think this was long gone, but I think it was reintroduced in this release, using a OLED blade

+1 here, has happened a couple of times but not overnight suprisingly...

Gen1 OLED 512 3Mpix

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
+1

Charge from PC USB with original USB cable or from cheap wall charger and phone locks up as soon as either are connected.

Original charger seems fine and home PC & USB is fine. Maybe phone hates getting less than USB default power? (500mah?) Is only a problem with CM7 last few versions

I'm using the original charger on a TFT Blade, and it locks up.

Guest mELIANTE

Same here. Not always though. I thought it was related to swapping chargers with my sister but now that other people are reporting it I see it isn't. Anyway, it has never locked up if I have an alarm set. Maybe it's sleeping too hard? :)

Guest Amphoras
It seems a bit laggier than other roms, true.

One question: The phone doesnt seem to go to sleep mode. I can unlock it with the menu button. Does anybody know how could i check what is keeping the phone from sleeping?

If I turn off the screen and press menu/home/back a few seconds later, the screen wakes. If I turn it off and wait a bit longer (haven't tested how long, but its less than a couple of minutes), the screen doesn't come on unless I press the power button. Is yours turning on all the time or only right after you turn the screen off?

I think if you look in spare parts at battery history then other usage, if running is much higher than screen on, its not sleeping properly when the screens off (unless you've been listening to music or something with the screen off in which case it might still show as running).

Guest dibbles
+ 1

Where can I report this fault?

This also happens to me when charging the phone.

You can report the fault (as I did with the GPS issue) here...

these are open issues...

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issue...amp;cells=tiles

this is to report a bug...

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/entry

Edited by dibbles

Guest ThrashMan
+1

Charge from PC USB with original USB cable or from cheap wall charger and phone locks up as soon as either are connected.

Original charger seems fine and home PC & USB is fine. Maybe phone hates getting less than USB default power? (500mah?) Is only a problem with CM7 last few versions

Correction....CM7 "stable" had powered off whilst charging on original charger. AAGGHHHH!!

Guest ThrashMan

Yeah....mine too now :)

Related to battery temp being recorded wrongly? = system panics and shuts down. last_kmsg is empty

Guest manji

Yeah, I got that battery thing also. It reads the temperature wrongly when in Sleep. :-\

And maps 5.3.0 seems to keep being on top of battery usage. Do any of you experience that?

Edited by manji

Just updated to the stable 7.0.0 rom.

A few observations:

1) I just can't get bluetooth to connect to another phone to transfer files. Tried with another android and blackberry without success. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

2) google maps. When I enter text into the search field at the top of the screen it doesn't appear.

Both these problems were present in nightly 37 too.

However the accelerometer lag experienced in Doodle Jump appears to have disappeared which is a major bonus :)

although I have noticed in earlier posts that some users still experiencing this lag.

Gen1, OLED, San Fran, 600Mhz

Guest Frankish
Yeah, I got that battery thing also. It reads the temperature wrongly when in Sleep. :-\

And maps 5.3.0 seems to keep being on top of battery usage. Do any of you experience that?

Try disabling the auto location etc in Latitude.

Guest Frankish
Androidian.apk hasn't changed in size so I assume the edit is to the theme manager telling it not to apply the wallpaper.

You guess?

I did reply directly after your post concerning this with the actual CM change.

cm: Set ThemeChooser to style_change_only mode

It is because the actual app has been changed and that's why i suggested using the theme chooser from an older version if anyone wants the wallpapers applying :)

Guest mrcake
Correction....CM7 "stable" had powered off whilst charging on original charger. AAGGHHHH!!

I had this happen in RC4 roughly every 20 minutes if the phone was left it would shut off. Just did it on CM7 stable also whilst plugged in with original charger. Will see how it goes over the next 12 hours and report back.

However the accelerometer lag experienced in Doodle Jump appears to have disappeared which is a major bonus :)

although I have noticed in earlier posts that some users still experiencing this lag.

Ok, I spoke too soon!

Just tried DJ again and the lag is back as bad as ever.

Only thing I've done is put a clock widget on my home screen. Will have to experiment further......

Gen1, OLED, San Fran, 600Mhz

Guest jtc42

So does everyone get the accelerometer issues, or just some people now? I really wanna upgrade but that seems like a royal pain in the ass.

Guest mELIANTE
So does everyone get the accelerometer issues, or just some people now? I really wanna upgrade but that seems like a royal pain in the ass.

It seems just some people, don't know if it's some version specific issue. I do have the lag on both my Blades, one OLED and one TFT. Or maybe the ones reporting not having an issue don't test it thoroughly or jump to the gun after trying it once.

Guest Maringer

Now, this is strange.

I'm still using N36 but today, for the first time, my Blade has begun to shutdown when charging via USB.

I've being 'topping up' the charge on the phone via USB for a few weeks now so it seems very strange that this problem should suddenly occur out of the blue. I haven't installed any new apps or updated older apps either so this change in behaviour is rather bizarre to say the least.

Added to this, I had trouble connecting to the Market via 3G earlier today - kept getting a pop-up window with "retry" or "cancel" options as the connection repeatedly failed. I've not seen this error since moving to CM7 from JJ9 several weeks ago. Also very strange.

Guest ThrashMan
You guess?

I did reply directly after your post concerning this with the actual CM change.

cm: Set ThemeChooser to style_change_only mode

It is because the actual app has been changed and that's why i suggested using the theme chooser from an older version if anyone wants the wallpapers applying :)

lol :)

Sry, missed ur post. Well at least it won't keep setting theme ringtones :)

Guest LVL91

Accelerometer lag is still present. If I try atilt or doodle jump you can see it is reacting slower compared to froyo.

It seems just some people, don't know if it's some version specific issue. I do have the lag on both my Blades, one OLED and one TFT. Or maybe the ones reporting not having an issue don't test it thoroughly or jump to the gun after trying it once.

Test it with doodle jump. And by testing it I mean comparing it to froyo! Then you will know what I, and some others, really mean.

It is not much lag, not as much as before at least... But anyways, the lag is still present!

The developers are doing a great job, but why is 2D so laggy compared to froyo? Are all the 2.3.3 cyanogenmod roms having this particular problem?

Edited by LVL91

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
The developers are doing a great job, but why is 2D so laggy compared to froyo? Are all the 2.3.3 cyanogenmod roms having this particular problem?

It's a tough one. 2D itself isn't laggy in games etc. But non-optimised launchers (such as stock ADW) and menus are slow. If you try Launcher Pro, ADW EX or GIngerbread launcher, the laucher is sped up, which goes a way to help. Menus themselves...I dunno. They have always been like that in CM7... I think it's something fundamental in the way 2.3 handles graphics. It's what causes the launcher to lag, obviously.

Guest LVL91
It's a tough one. 2D itself isn't laggy in games etc. But non-optimised launchers (such as stock ADW) and menus are slow. If you try Launcher Pro, ADW EX or GIngerbread launcher, the laucher is sped up, which goes a way to help. Menus themselves...I dunno. They have always been like that in CM7... I think it's something fundamental in the way 2.3 handles graphics. It's what causes the launcher to lag, obviously.

It's just so funny that 2D is supersmooth in fancy apps, yet slow in simple apps such as Settings.

But it looks like some evolution, since some slow 2D parts became really fast after a few nightlies.

And I have reported a couple of times that you can actually get the menu going smooth.

All you have to do is fiddle around with the touchscreen(scrolling up and down, and up and down), but nobody seems to care :)

It is just so weird, since there is potential, but some big bug is preventing simple 2D menu's from going smooth.

Edited by LVL91

Guest natash

When screen is off, after a few mintus, I am loosing the signal. I know about that because people are not able to call me. Is it problem with phone or Rom?